Chapter 21. The long-lost stability
514 2 23
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hearing this, Roger's heart sank suddenly.

Such a result was countless times worse than his original idea.

"Greg, I don't think that means anything. Maybe his whole family has died. Besides, it's been nearly a month since he landed on the island. After such a long time, it's understandable that his family gave up looking for it."

Andrine was still looking for various reasons for Roger.

"Hey, Andrine, I know you're a mother... But you are also a policeman, and we have to play by the rules."

"He is still underage and has lost his memory. He doesn't even know whether his name is real or not. How can we find him in this situation?"

"And……"

Speaking of this, Greg deliberately controlled the volume, "Do you really believe that kid has lost his memory?"

"I always feel weird in the whole thing, everything is so just right, I can't tell, anyway, I don't like that kid!"

Greg made no secret of his distaste for Roger.

"Do you think he has something to do with Kant's case?" Andrine asked.

"That's impossible. He's just a child, and there's no means of transportation on the island. You're too sensitive. Believe me, it's just a coincidence and accident."

Andrine persuaded.

Greg didn't say anything, "I won't talk about this, but what should I do now?"

"You can't leave this kid in the police station, can you?"

"I take him with me."

Andrine said suddenly.

"He was in a shipwreck and lived on the island for so long, so it was inevitable that he would be traumatized. If he were left here alone, something might go wrong."

"Let him spend the night with me first."

"Tomorrow we will think of a way. It is impossible for a living person to be conjured out of thin air. We will definitely be able to help him find his parents."

Andrine said.

"To your place?" Greg obviously disagreed.

"Isn't it possible to go to your place?" Andrine asked back.

Greg's face collapsed, and he hurriedly shook his head.

"It's getting late, go back and rest quickly, and we'll talk about it tomorrow if you have anything to do."

Andrine said at last.

The two of them had been running around on the sea all day, and they were already exhausted after a lot of busy work.

Hearing this, Roger quietly retreated to the corridor, and then returned to the lounge, trying to put on a nonchalant look.

His face was calm, but his heart was extremely shocked.

"According to Andrine and the others, there are no ships passing by near the island, and no one can drift hundreds of miles at sea."

"So where did I come from?"

"Could it be that he was killed and thrown away?"

"But there are no obvious wounds on the body at all."

"Who is the owner of this body?"

My heart was full of doubts, and my brain was in a mess.

His body is obviously not yet grown up. If he can't find his parents and can't prove his identity, then Roger will be in a very unfavorable situation.

Click!

Andrine pushed the door open, with a kind smile on her face, "How about it, it's boring to be alone."

She pulled the chair across the table and sat down.

"It's really bad news. I just received the news that due to the continuous storm for several days, the network in several nearby areas has experienced a large-scale failure. If you want to find out your identity and notify your parents, it may take a long time."

Before Roger could react, she continued, "But you don't have to worry, you can stay with me temporarily until you find your family."

Andrine smiled.

"Don't worry, I won't let you live in the wild again."

There was a complicated expression on Roger's face, "I'm afraid it will disturb your life, maybe I can..."

He opened his mouth and thought carefully for a long time, but he didn't know what to say.

He doesn't know anything about this place, he has no identity card for minors, no money...

Roger didn't know what to do with himself.

It's ridiculous to think about it. On a deserted island not long ago, he killed two monsters alone and slit a man's throat. But when he returned to the city, he had to worry about his identity and life.

"Hey, where else can you go?"

Andrine smiled and stood up.

"Come with me, my family should like you."

"All right."

Roger nodded, then looked into Andrine's eyes, "Thank you, for everything you have done for me today, I will definitely repay you double!"

Roger solemnly promised.

Andrine's car is a tough Dodge, which looks old. She drove the car to a two-story house with the moonlight.

At this time, it was completely dark, and there were almost no pedestrians on the street. The pace of life in the small town was very slow, and it seemed to be a livable place.

After parking the car, Andrine opened the door and walked into the room with Roger.

The room was pitch black, and Andrine frowned, and couldn't help shouting: "Amanda, Jack, why don't you turn on the lights at home?"

She reached out to turn on the switch, saw the tidy room, and suddenly thought of something, "Look at my brain..."

"Amanda and Jack are my children. I'm going on a mission this morning. I'm not sure I can return that day, so I let them go to my aunt's house."

"It's good now, it's just the two of us at home." Andrine changed her slippers.

"Relax, you can make this your home."

Andrine looked into Roger's eyes.

"I know you're a strong kid, but there are times when you need to let go of your negativity."

"You are too quiet. It scares me a little bit to be quiet."

Hearing this, Roger's heart trembled. He knew that he still showed some flaws, which made Andrine discover the abnormality.

"Come on, let me show you the room where you rest."

Andrine didn't say much, she accepted it as soon as she saw it, and then took Roger up to the second floor.

Roger keenly noticed that there seemed to be no traces of adult male life in this house.

Is it divorced?

The moon hung on the branch, illuminating the room brightly. Lying on the comfortable bed, Roger felt the long-lost peace of mind.

With so many thoughts in his mind, he fell asleep in a daze.

But what he didn't know was that on the isolated island far away from Bay Town, there was a figure walking out of the water under the moonlight.

She didn't wear any clothes, and the sea water flowed down from her blue skin, following her footsteps, when the moonlight shone on her, the blue skin gradually faded, revealing a delicate face.

"Burn it?"

The woman frowned, her body moved violently, and she quickly came to the lighthouse like a vigorous cheetah.

Whoosh.

She jumped up lightly, and quickly searched the lighthouse all over.

"It's gone."

A cold light shot out from the woman's ice-blue eyes, and she turned in one direction, her cold eyes seemed to be able to penetrate the vast sea, looking at the quiet and peaceful Bay Town.

23