Chapter 23. Remnants of the Occult
474 0 19
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Hi, here we are!"

Not long after Roger and Amanda stood in front of the restaurant, a gray pickup rushed into the parking lot.

The car door opened, and a tall white young man got out of the car. He looked at Roger warily, "Amanda, who is this kid?"

Amanda glanced at the other party, with an unhappy expression on her face, "Why are you here?"

At this moment, a curly-haired black girl got out of the car, she pulled Amanda aside, and muttered in a low voice, "We are going too far, Bob happens to have a car, and his attitude toward you clear."

"So……"

As she spoke, she gave Amanda a look.

"How dare you use me for a car?!" Amanda said angrily.

"If you have a car, I'll let Bob go right now!"

The black girl snorted coldly.

"All right……"

Amanda's face collapsed, and then she introduced Roger to everyone. She didn't say Roger's identity, only that he was the son of her mother's friend.

The black girl's name is Betty, her skin is a healthy caramel color, and she looks like a model in ordinary jeans and a white T-shirt.

In addition, there was a curly-haired boy with pale skin and thick glasses sitting in the car. His name was Simpson, he looked a little shy, and he only said hello to Roger during the introduction.

The last one is Lucy, a beautiful girl with blond curly hair and a navel-baring dress. She didn't even look at Roger, but kept fiddling with her mobile phone, as if she was chatting with netizens.

Including Amanda, there were exactly 5 of them originally, and they happened to make up a car. At this time, there was an extra Roger, and the young man named Bob was obviously reluctant.

But Amanda naturally couldn't leave Roger alone and sneak out. After a negotiation, Simpson took the initiative to get into the trunk of the pickup truck. Roger sat in the front row, and the three girls squeezed in the back row.

Then, amidst Bob's displeasure, the group set off.

"Didn't you agree to act again next week? Why did you change the time temporarily?"

Amanda asked Betty.

"It's Simpson. His translation work has made new progress, which just solved a key difficulty. It just so happens that everyone has time on the weekend."

"Is everything ready?"

"Don't worry, leave it to me!"

Betty patted her chest and said.

There is nothing to say about Bob's skills. The pickup truck drove smoothly on the road, and then gradually moved away from the town. The houses were disappearing, and tall trees appeared in rows.

"Where are we going?"

Asked Roger.

"The valley forest."

Amanda replied, "Oh, I forgot, you are not from here. The valley forest is the largest piece of virgin forest from Bay Town, and it can even border on the southern River Valley Town if you go all the way south."

"Are you going camping?"

Roger asked curiously.

Amanda did not answer directly, "You will know when you get there."

After leaving the town and driving forward for about ten minutes, Bob stopped the car in an open place.

Everyone got out of the car, took their belongings, carried a few big backpacks, and walked into the mountain on foot.

As a male, Roger was inevitably pulled into a strong man, and he and Bob carried a backpack of the same size.

Bob looked tall and strong, he took the opportunity to show off his strong physique, and glanced at Roger intentionally or unintentionally.

"Hey man, you should take part in more outdoor exercises. You are in high school now, and no girl will like you."

"I think it's fine now."

Roger replied calmly.

He just looks thin, but in fact he is not weak at all. Nilfgaard's physical strength has changed him very secretly. In terms of physical fitness alone, even though Bob is the best in the football team, it may not be Roger's. opponent.

Roger is very confident about this.

Choked back by Roger's words, Bob looked like he wanted to attack but couldn't. His fists were clenched and then loosened. It seemed that if it wasn't for winning the girl's favor, he would probably have done something to Roger long ago.

Through the conversation along the way, Roger also guessed the purpose of this small group's trip.

Except for Bob, the five of them are a loose occult group. Everyone is interested in mysterious events and likes to collect some relevant information.

During the holidays, we would get together to communicate with each other. This time, it is said that Simpson got a real copy of the occult fragments, which brought everyone together and wanted to experiment in the wild.

They tried the same thing almost every two weeks, but naturally, needless to say, they all ended in failure.

But everyone doesn't seem to care about it, and they are still studying it tirelessly.

Roger originally wanted to read the so-called broken pages of mysticism, but was rejected by everyone on the grounds of confidentiality.

According to Simpson, true mystical knowledge is hidden, and the fewer people know it, the more effective it will be.

Roger was dumbfounded.

What kind of shit theory is this?

"Ah!"

As it goes deeper, the trees on both sides gradually become higher and deeper, and large expanses of green cover the field of vision. Lucy puts away her phone with a distressed face.

"The phone has no signal."

"It's so remote here, we won't be in any danger, right?"

She said with a worried face.

"Do not worry."

"Last week, Betty and I explored the road. It's actually not far from the road. If you walk another 5 minutes, you should be able to reach the cave."

Amanda explained.

Sure enough, it didn't take long for them to come to a deep valley. At the bottom of the valley appeared a cave with a diameter of about three meters.

"We're here, right here!"

At this time, the sun deflected, and it was the hottest time in the afternoon, but the air in the mountains was fresh, and the sun was covered by lush leaves, but it was rarely cool.

"Well, isn't this place nice?"

Amanda walked over to Roger.

"Betty and Lucy are both first-class beauties. Which one do you like? Do you want me to disclose some private information to you?"

"Measurement information, or personal preference?"

Amanda showed a very righteous look.

"Forget it, relatively speaking, I'm still more interested in the broken pages of mysticism you just mentioned."

"How about you talk to Simpson for me and lend me that thing?"

"Huh?"

Amanda looked at Roger suspiciously, "Are you not interested in beautiful women?"

"You wouldn't be a..."

Roger's face was full of black lines, and he stretched out his hand helplessly, "The remaining pages of mysticism..."

"No problem, leave it to me."

Although it was for the so-called occult experiment, everyone was obviously getting ready for camping. A few people were busy packing up. Amanda quietly ran to Simpson. I don’t know what she said. After a while, she handed a page of origami to Roger.

Although he knew that there were extraordinary things in this world, Roger didn't believe that just a few students could come up with genuine mystic materials.

He himself has no research on this aspect, just out of curiosity.

While thinking, he opened the origami that Amanda handed over.

.......

If you wanna read 35+ advanced chapters, check out my Patreon page...

patreon.com/KarmaLord

19