Chapter 24. Ceremony
427 0 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Wtf!"

Looking at the things in his hands, Roger almost swears.

"Remnant pages of occultism?"

"Just this thing?"

He looked at the things in his hand several times over and over, and then looked at Amanda suspiciously.

"Are you sure you got it right?"

"That's right, what's wrong?"

Roger looked indifferent, and he didn't even want to answer this question.

When he first got the book of transformation, even if he didn't open the book, just by the special material of the book and the thick and simple texture, Roger could tell that the book was definitely not ordinary.

When he really opened the book, although he couldn't understand the words in it, for some reason, he could feel a strange rhythm between the lines when he read it. Unspeakable, yet mysterious.

But what is this in front of me?

Oil pen sketching and smearing. There are also some specious remarks.

Roger felt powerless for a while, and he suddenly thought that if he showed some things in the transformation book to these guys, and then fooled around, even if he told them that he was the reincarnation of a soul boy, these guys would probably believe it.

After all, what is recorded in the Book of Transformation is all genuine mystic knowledge.

"Nothing."

Roger replied vaguely, "I've never seen this kind of thing before. The first time I saw it, I was really amazed."

He laughed and said hello, and then handed the paper in his hand to Amanda.

"Just be surprised."

Amanda nodded grimly.

"Even I have studied mystical knowledge for so many years, and I was surprised when I saw this broken page."

Amanda looked serious, "Most people are skeptical about occultism, but I can tell you clearly that there are really things in this world that science cannot explain."

"When I was little I used to..."

"Amanda!"

At this moment, a shout came from a distance, interrupting Amanda's next words.

"Get ready, we're about to start!"

Betty yelled.

"Come together, let me show you the secrets of this world."

Amanda said to Roger.

"Uh...no need."

Roger waved his hand.

"I don't understand anything. It's not good if I disturb you while watching." Now that he knows the truth, Roger is naturally not interested in participating.

He glanced at it hastily just now, and he was absolutely sure that the things recorded on the paper were all fakes.

His own level is limited, but he can't help but have a genuine book of transformation in his hand.

Think about how many things Kant prepared for that ceremony, the specific time, complicated formations and spells, and the necessary triggering medium.

But what about Amanda and the others?

A beef leg bone from the butcher's, a crow's feather, and... a moldy loaf?

Roger really has nothing to say about this kind of ceremony.

What are you doing in there by yourself, watching five young boys and girls play embarrassingly in the cave?

He's not that boring yet.

"Oh well."

Amanda didn't force it either. In fact, this kind of mysterious ceremony is really inconvenient for others to observe. Even if she agrees, the others may not agree.

"Next time you ask Betty to dinner." Amanda smiled and patted Roger on the shoulder, "I know you've paid attention to her several times!"

After speaking, she gestured to other people in the distance, turned and left.

Roger sat in front of the temporary camp and shook his head helplessly. There were two most important things in front of him. The first thing was to find the relocation address of the hunter's cabin as soon as possible.

The second thing is to find out your identity.

There are various indications that there are serious problems with his identity. If there is any conspiracy hidden behind this, then Roger, who knows nothing now, is too passive.

You know this is not a normal world!

On the other side, Amanda also hurried to the cave.

"He won't bother us?"

Simpson adjusted his glasses and asked softly.

"Don't worry, I've already told him."

"With him guarding there, he just happened to help us drive away the squirrels and rabbits in the mountains."

Amanda replied.

"Then let's get started."

Everyone nodded, with eagerness showing on their faces, and even Bob, who didn't care much about this matter before, showed some curiosity.

There are too many legends and stories circulated among the people, and most people are still very interested in this mysterious event under the influence of their ears and eyes.

"Lucy, you're starting a fire here."

"I will draw a magic circle around the flame."

Simpson held the so-called occult fragments in his hand, his expression was solemn, and he looked rather imposing.

The bonfire is built in a very special way. Three pieces of charcoal are used as the base, and three pieces of charcoal are dislocated on top of the three pieces of charcoal, and so on, until a complete rotating fire is built.

The flames rise.

Amanda stood in 5 directions, and Simpson held a piece of soft incense wood. He started from Amanda, passed Betty, Bob, and Lucy in turn, and finally drew at his feet.

The entire magic circle was completed in one go.

Simpson looked nervous, and a relaxed smile did not appear on his face until he finished drawing the magic circle.

"The hardest part is done."

"Let's conclude the contract and then cast the spell."

He bit his finger and pressed on the broken pages, and then passed the broken pages down one by one, and the others also pressed their fingerprints one by one.

Everyone looked at each other.

"Are you ready?"

Everyone nodded.

"Hear my call, ancient Sleeper..."

Simpson threw the salt in his hand into the flames, and the others followed suit and threw down the things in their hands in turn. The fire light reflected on everyone's faces, which was weird and solemn.

Simpson's voice became higher and higher, and several others raised their hands. When he shouted the last sentence, the broken pages in his hands fell off and fell lightly onto the flames.

Boom!

It was just a page of paper, but it drove the flames up to a height of half a meter. The flames engulfed the page, and with the burning, the words on the paper gradually twisted and peeled off.

Then a new piece of text appears.

Strange and distorted fonts, complicated patterns and 5 handprints frozen on it!

At the same time, Roger, who was sitting in the distance with nothing to do, suddenly felt a burning pain in his chest. He suddenly pulled off his collar, and the pendant he got from the island was tightly attached to his skin, trembling endlessly!

"What happened?"

Roger's face changed suddenly, and then he seemed to think of something, his body jumped up, and he rushed to the cave in the distance at an extremely fast speed!

"What did you do?"

The vibrations on the pendant also reached their limit as Roger rushed into the cave.

Everyone turned their heads and looked at Roger who suddenly barged in with surprise.

"Stop!"

Roger yelled, and he stepped forward to pull Amanda away, then knocked Betty away.

"What are you going to do?"

Simpson snapped.

With the rough magic circle and the messy offerings, Roger's face was gloomy. Then he focused his eyes and noticed a corner of the almost burnt page on the fire.

He saw the strange text on the broken page, and a looming triangle symbol on the corner!

"Three Holy Spirits?"

Before he had time to think about it, Roger stepped forward and kicked it!

18