Chapter 25. Mutation
413 0 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Boom!

Roger missed this kick, and Simpson suddenly jumped out from the side. His thin body unknowingly burst out with terrifying strength, and he was caught off guard and knocked Roger down.

The two rolled on the ground, and Roger pushed Simpson away with his hands. When he stood up, the pages of the book were just burned out in flames.

Boom!

A ray of red light suddenly exploded, and then rushed out of the cave at an extremely fast speed, and soon disappeared.

"What did you do?"

"What did you do?"

Simpson threw himself on Roger, and shouted unrelentingly.

"You ruined our ceremony!"

Roger was taken aback.

"The red light just now?"

But at this moment, he suddenly discovered that the other people in the cave were all confused, as if they didn't pay attention to the red light that just appeared.

Only Amanda, her eyes looked towards the hole, as if looking for something.

"What's going on, can it be that only I can see the red light?"

At this time, Amanda also came back to her senses, and she stepped forward to pull away the tearing Simpson.

"Calm down, everybody calm down!"

Roger's attitude and Simpson's overreaction caused everyone to look at each other. Amanda grabbed Roger, "What's going on? Didn't you say you won't participate in this ceremony?"

"Something's wrong." Roger frowned. Naturally, he couldn't explain it to Amanda, so he could only mumble, "I have a bad feeling, let's get out of here."

Amanda nodded after thinking about it. Everyone was very unhappy when this happened, and it would be meaningless to stay any longer.

At this time Bob stood up, and walked up to Roger, "When you get back to town in a while, you get out of my car, I don't want to see you again!"

Roger ignored Bob. Although nothing happened, Roger knew that the ceremony just now had been completed, and the results of the ceremony would probably be revealed soon.

"Let's go!"

Everyone extinguished the flames, cleaned up the traces in the cave, packed up their things hastily and walked out.

At this time, the sun had already set on the side of the mountain, and the rest of the town should still be bright, but in the mountains, the dense branches and leaves blocked the line of sight, making it look a bit dark.

"The road is this way."

Betty led the crowd and walked out of the mountain. Roger felt that he was obviously isolated. Although the others didn't say anything, they all had a faint hostility towards him.

Amanda can't mediate in this situation.

Everyone walked out of the valley and passed through a dense forest, but at this moment a black shadow flashed across the wild grass.

"Ah!"

Simpson, who was walking behind the team, let out a scream, and his thin body was thrown to the ground.

Everyone looked intently, and a ferocious wolf with a gray and black body pinned Simpson to the ground.

His sharp front claws scratched frantically at Simpson's cheek and chest, and his white teeth bit through Simpson's forearm, biting wildly!

"Help!"

"Help!"

Simpson yelled loudly, trying to push the beast that was pressing on him down, but his strength was too weak, and he could barely maintain the situation in front of him.

Half of his face was scratched by the wolf's sharp front claws, a piece of flesh on his cheek was hooked off, exposing the teeth in his mouth, and his chest was dripping with blood, which drenched his entire chest.

The scene in front of them scared everyone.

Lucy was the closest. She sat down on the ground, kicked her legs wildly, and stepped back crazily. The dead branches on the ground tore her expensive short skirt, and it was also on her snow-white legs, leaving a few bloodstains.

"Ah... ah!"

"Wolf!"

"Help!"

Bob, who stood a little further away, was not much better. He was tall and burly. Although he usually looked like a tough guy, in the final analysis, he was just a sixteen or seventeen-year-old high school student.

Facing a ferocious beast suddenly, feeling the purest barbarism in the opponent, and the animal nature inspired by the blood, he stood there at a loss for a while.

At this critical moment, Roger rushed forward. The biggest change that the experience on the island brought to Roger was not his physique, but his calmness in the face of danger.

Boom!

He kicked the wild wolf fiercely between the waist and abdomen. He used all his strength for this kick. With his current strength, the wild wolf couldn't bear it a little bit, and was kicked away by him.

He rolled in the air and let out a low howl, landed on the ground and rolled a few times before getting up with his body lowered.

"What happened?"

"Why are there beasts around here?!"

Picking up a stick with a thick wrist on the ground, Roger lowered his weight, stared at the wolf vigilantly, and asked sharply.

"This is impossible!"

"We are now on the outskirts of the mountains, and we haven't seen any traces of beasts for many years!"

Although this kind of natural forest area will protect the living environment of wild animals, in order not to cause trouble to nearby residents, the forest rangers will clean up the peripheral area at regular intervals.

Coupled with the occasional poaching by the residents of the small town, there has been no news of wild animal attacks in the entire Bay Town for several years.

Amanda brought everyone here because she knew this.

Amanda also looked flustered, she and Betty quickly ran forward to check Simpson's injury.

Simpson looked terribly miserable, still struggling frantically, and they had a hard time trying to calm him down.

"What are you doing in a daze, why don't you hurry up and help!"

Amanda shouted to Bob, who was standing in the distance.

Roger didn't make a sound, and all his attention was on the beast on the opposite side. At this time, the sun was setting, and things in the woods had become very dark.

"Is it just a coincidence?"

The red pupils of the wild wolf and the somewhat crazy performance made Roger doubtful.

"What to do, what should we do?"

Lucy yelled incoherently, "Run! Run!"

"As long as we get in the car, we'll be safe!"

Roger secretly thought something was wrong, but before he could speak, Lucy, who was almost collapsed in shock, ran away in a panic.

"Don't move!"

Roger couldn't help cursing in a low voice, he had completely attracted the hatred of the wild wolf with his kick just now, but at this moment Lucy suddenly fled wildly, and immediately averted the eyes of the beast.

The wild wolf's body fell and suddenly started, and quickly chased after it!

"Oh shit!"

Although Roger's physical fitness has been greatly strengthened, it is still impossible to catch up with a wolf within a very short distance in this woodland environment.

Sure enough, Lucy was thrown down by wild wolves behind her without taking a few steps, but she was lucky, she happened to be on a hillside when she fell, and her body rolled down quickly, but escaped the next bite.

At this time, Roger, who had squeezed his body potential to the limit, finally followed up, swept the wooden stick in his hand, and hit the wolf's buttocks against its hind legs.

The power of the wooden stick was much stronger than that of fists and feet. This time, the wild wolf struggled on the ground after being beaten to the ground before standing up.

Its hind legs were obviously injured, and its movements were not as flexible as before.

The ferocity of the beast was fully aroused, it stared at Roger tightly, growling in a low voice in its throat.

At this moment, Roger missed the iron ax that he left on the island very much.

18