Chapter 30. What about the promised reward?
390 0 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Any drinks?"

In the study, Sherman asked softly.

"No thanks!"

Ivy will not drink anything easily, even if the other party is from the same organization as her.

Sherman didn't say anything, and turned to sit opposite Ivy.

Ivy took off her hat and put it on the table, "According to the regulations, I said the password you reserved, and you can do one thing for me."

"One thing I can do."

Sherman repeated.

"I lost something, a very important thing, related to the ritual formation, I hope you can help me get it back."

Ivy said.

"Can you tell me what it is?" Sherman frowned.

"A book!"

"A book full of occult knowledge and rituals!"

Sherman's face changed suddenly, he looked Ivy up and down, hesitated for a moment and asked, "Knowledge is the most precious, so you don't worry that I will hide the book after I get it?"

"Hehe."

Ivy let out a chuckle, but there was an irrepressible ferocity hidden in the laughter.

She gently took off the black gloves on her hands, and put her slender palms on the edge of the table.

Sherman froze for a moment, looking at a loss.

But at this moment, Ivy's slender palm suddenly swelled, the joints became thicker, the fair skin turned light blue, and sharp blades popped out from the fingertips!

Click!

The corner of the solid oak table cracked, Ivy stretched out her palm, and easily cut a button around Sherman's neck.

The whole movement was extremely quick, and by the time Sherman reacted, Ivy's palm had returned to normal.

The slender knuckles tapped lightly on the table.

Tuk tuk tuk!

The voice was crisp, but it was like a heavy hammer hitting Sherman's chest!

The expression on Sherman's face changed suddenly, and his whole face was flushed. He seemed to want to stand up, but he lost his strength because of the surprise.

"You can try!"

Ivy said calmly.

"You you……"

Sherman pointed at Ivy, "You have completed the Eucharist Transformation!!"

His expression immediately became solemn, took a few deep breaths, suppressed the surprise and fear in his heart, and then stood up abruptly.

"Dear Ms. Ivy, I didn't know you were at the Eucharist level..."

"Sit down."

Ivy waved her hand.

"Find my stuff and give it to me. Can it be done? Of course, in this process, I hope that your methods can be as gentle as possible. I don't want to cause unnecessary trouble."

Ivy exhorted.

"Yes ma'am, I understand."

Sherman's demeanor became much more respectful.

"I won't treat you badly when things succeed. Work hard, and maybe you can complete the Eucharist transformation soon."

Next, Ivy picked and recounted the information she had to Sherman.

"After 10 days, I will come to you again."

Ivy stood up, and Sherman followed her, leading her to the door.

Watching the figure in the distance disappear, he quietly wiped the cold sweat from his temples, and let out a sigh of relief.

"Father, who is that woman?"

A young voice came from upstairs.

Sherman turned his head and looked at his tired son.

"An important partner."

"How do you feel, do you want to go out and relax?"

"What are you going out for, are you being pointed at?"

Sherman sighed, "Bob, listen to me, you didn't do anything wrong."

Compared with three days ago, Bob looked extremely haggard at this time. Obviously, Simpson's death also had a great impact on him.

"The only thing people in this world can rely on is themselves. Only one's own strength can retreat in the face of danger."

"Oh, by the way, there was a young man named Roger who went to the mountains with you that day, right?"

Sherman asked suddenly.

Bob nodded, "What's wrong?"

"Oh, nothing."

Sherman shook his head thoughtfully.

On the other hand, after leaving the police station, Roger went straight back to Andrine's home.

The house was quiet, and Amanda had been hiding in the room and refused to come out. The basic inquiries had been completed, and he didn't need to be on call anytime.

After thinking about it, Roger left a note on the table, then got on his bicycle and set off.

After buying tools in a supermarket on another street, he rode his bicycle directly to the distant mountain.

The money on his body was naturally left to him by Andrine, and Roger was not polite to Andrine. He is really short of money now, so there is no need to haggle over this kind of thing. I am a little thankful, and I should remember it in my heart after saying it.

The repayment will be doubled in the future.

With plenty of energy, he came to the side of the mountain quickly, then hid the bicycle, put on his backpack and rushed to the hut in the forest following his memory.

If it wasn't for the delay of his time due to the case of the past few days, he would have repaired the hunter's hut long ago.

Turning over the hill, you can have a panoramic view of the cemetery and huts in the distance. At this time, the sun is hot, but walking in the cemetery, Roger feels that the air seems to have become cool.

"There really aren't ghosts here, are there?"

Quickly passing through the cemetery, he took out the tools on his body, and then began to repair the hut. With the first experience, he was very fast this time.

Cut trees, saw them, rest.

He doesn't even need to do it himself, as long as he puts the cut pieces of wood in the corresponding position, the hut will be repaired automatically in a short time.

Not only that, but the repaired parts are definitely comparable to the best workers.

After eating a few cold burgers at noon, he took a short break before continuing to work.

Compared with the last time, Roger's physical strength has been greatly improved, and his working speed is naturally much faster.

It was getting dark, and he smiled with satisfaction as he looked at the 100% repaired hunter's hut in front of him.

Push the door and walk into the wooden hut. There is no light source, and the room looks a little dark. On the whole, this hut is much larger than the previous one.

The pattern is obviously more reasonable.

Entering the house is the open living room, the wall facing the door is the loot display area, the separate area on the left is his bedroom, and the study is next to the bedroom.

There is a vacant area on the other side. Judging from the previous traces, it should be the place where the tomb guards cook.

On the wall where the bedroom and the study room are connected, there is a huge display board. In addition to looking up information about the hunter's hut, there is also a new piece of information on the display board.

[ Crazy Beasts: A large number of wild beasts suddenly flooded into the area where there were no wild animals for several years. They will actively attack pedestrians at night, and even cause death in severe cases.

*Scavenge nearby beasts and find the source of their madness. ]

At this point, the information is over.

Roger blinked.

"What about the promised reward?"

"How can people be interested in killing monsters after doing this?"

He said helplessly.

It seems that what was recorded on the bulletin board should be the attack of the previous few days.

Roger frowned, "Could it be that these beasts were really caused by the ritual that day?"

"But what is the purpose of doing this?"

18