Chapter 36. Be honest with women
411 1 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Houuuu……"

Looking at the lifeless beast under his feet, Roger wiped the sweat from his forehead and let out a sigh of relief.

After finally injuring the first-level beast, how could he let it escape? His hind leg was injured, and the speed of the wild wolf was greatly reduced. Roger chased two mountains forward and killed it easily.

By this time the groves had darkened, and the sun was about to set.

"I have to hurry up."

The corpse of a wild wolf was heavy and Roger wanted to take it back, but seeing the blood on the wolf corpse under his feet, he resolutely gave up this idea.

It would take too much time to drag it back, and if you carry it back, there will be no way to wash off the blood on your body.

After thinking about it, he could only use local materials.

However, with the previous experience of dissecting the Murloc leader, Roger did not have much psychological burden this time.

Half an hour later, with great effort, Roger took out a complete heart and a pair of sticky eyes.

The latter can be used as a substitute to configure the Night Cat Potion.

The clothes on his body were stained with blood, so Roger took them off directly, wrapped his heart and eyeballs, turned around to find the backpack, and hurried to the hut in the forest.

When he returned to the hunter's hut, he didn't have time to completely dispose of the wolf's heart and eyeballs. He simply disposed of it. It was close to the cemetery and the temperature at night was very low. Roger was not worried about what would happen if he left it overnight.

The previous exercise made his whole body sour and smelly. He specially prepared a few sets of clothes for washing, which happened to come in handy at this time.

Everything was handled properly. He checked and found no obvious blood on his body. The attack just now reminded Roger that the attack of wild beasts would continue until the problem was completely resolved, and the woods were not safe.

After thinking about it, he took the iron ax again before turning around and leaving. Naturally, the ax cannot be hung on the body blatantly, but Roger only needs to hide it in a specific place.

Take it with you when you enter the mountain, and put it away when you leave, so there will be no problem.

Thinking about it, he felt a little excited again. Now that the materials are complete, he will be able to take the time to prepare the pain potion tomorrow during the day, and then he can experience the effect of this potion.

He shouldn't be disappointed.

When rushing back to the town, the sun had completely set and the lights had just come on. Roger saw Andrine standing in front of the door from a distance.

"Sorry, Andrine."

Roger was a little embarrassed.

"I walked around the town during the day, but I didn't expect to go further and further..."

Andrine interrupted Roger with a wave of her hand, "I trust you, Roger, and I will give you plenty of personal time, but there have been frequent incidents in the town recently."

"You have to promise me."

She looked at Roger, "Don't go to a dangerous place alone, and you must go home before dark."

"Yes, I promise."

Knowing that Andrine cared about him, Roger nodded obediently.

"Well……"

Andrine frowned, "What's the smell on your body? It's really bad. Hurry up and take a bath for me, and then come down to eat!"

Roger smiled awkwardly, and fled in despair.

Andrine's nose moved slightly.

Frowning, he seemed to smell a trace of blood on Roger!

She has served Bay Town for many years, and she has experienced many cases, so she is no stranger to the smell of blood.

"Maybe it's an illusion?"

Andrine comforted herself.

On the other side, after taking a shower and changing clothes, Roger just opened the door when he saw Amanda staring at her with a look of eagerness.

"Where have you been during the day?"

Roger's face collapsed, "Do I need to report my whereabouts to you?"

For some reason, Amanda blushed slightly, but she quickly covered it up, "I just came here to remind you, don't forget what you promised me in the morning!"

After finishing speaking, she went downstairs.

Naturally, the dinner was extremely rich, and he was not full at noon, and he fought with wild wolves in the forest in the afternoon, and Roger was so hungry that his chest was pressed against his back.

He opened up his appetite and ate and drank a lot, which made Andrine next to him even worried that she even remind him to eat slow while saying that food is not going anywhere.

After dinner, Andrine went back to the room to process the files. Little Jack was having a great time playing with the newly bought toy. Seeing that no one was paying attention, Amanda knocked on Roger's door.

"Don't close the door."

Roger kindly reminded him, but got a blank stare from the red-haired girl.

She pulled out a chair and sat down at Roger's desk.

"Tell me, what are you hiding from me... what are we doing?"

Roger sorted out the language.

"I'm investigating the beast attack."

"Because I don't think it's an accident, it's man-made."

"You think so too?"

Amanda couldn't help blurting out.

"In the cave, that day, did you see something?" Roger asked, he had to be sure of something in order to know how much he needed to reveal to Amanda next.

Amanda looked surprised.

"Did you see it too?!"

"I discussed this issue with Betty carefully, but she kept saying I was crazy, she didn't see anything, and she said it was just an accident."

Amanda shook her head in distress.

"Really."

Roger couldn't help but nodded, "It seems that Amanda is either one of those people with extraordinary talents, or she has exceptionally strong mental power."

Since she has seen some things, there is no need to hide some things from her.

"You said that there have been no traces of wild animals in the outskirts of the entire valley forest for several years. Why is it such a coincidence that it happened not long after the ceremony ended."

"And after you left, it wasn't one wild beast that attacked me, but several of them!"

"It must be that ceremony!"

Roger looked at Amanda, "Where did Simpson get that so-called occult fragment?"

Now Roger would never believe in coincidences.

The occult fragments were obviously disguised, and what was presented to everyone was just some specious things. The real ritual was hidden, and perhaps only a few simple steps were needed to activate the energy contained in it!

But why did the person behind the scenes do this?

Is it to let the beast attack people, and then create some chaos, so as to hide his real purpose?

Amanda shook her head, "I don't know."

"Because of some special experiences, we all gathered together to study mysterious events, symbols and rituals, etc."

"Simpson has always been a taciturn person, but suddenly one day, he said that he found such a broken page in the family notebook, and then there was everything that happened later."

"Oh, by the way, the Simpson family has lived in this town for many years. It is said that their family was a small nobleman in the early years, but it declined later."

"By the way, there is one more thing."

Amanda suddenly thought of something, "Did you know that someone was killed by a wild beast again."

"Have you confirmed your identity?"

"Mal," Amanda replied.

"He's the gardener at the home of Sherman, the chairman of the small town chamber of commerce."

"Oh, right."

"Sherman is Bob's father!"

"What?!"

Roger's face changed slightly.

......

If you wanna read 35+ advanced chapters, check out my Patreon page...

patreon.com/KarmaLord

17