Chapter 40. The Hunt Begins
391 0 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After an unknown period of time, Roger suffered repeatedly in the abyss of pain. At this moment, he even wished that he could die immediately.

Finally, the effect of the pain potion ended, and he struggled to get up, but after trying several times, he couldn't control his body.

The medicine completely destroyed the muscle fibers. At this time, the pain in his body far surpassed the effect of any exercise in the past. In the past, he might have passed out.

But without contrast there is no harm. Compared with the situation just now, it is already extremely mild at this time.

It took him more than ten minutes to climb onto the small bed not far away. He let go of the last bit of defense in his heart and ignored the alarm clock. His eyes went dark and he completely lost consciousness.

When he woke up, it was already bright outside, and Roger was startled, and he jumped up from the bed.

"My power?"

He was stunned for a moment, and the strength in his body had grown explosively again. Seeing the empty test tube on the ground, Roger couldn't help shivering.

He really didn't want to experience the feeling that life was worse than death again.

"How can someone still make precise movements after taking the pain potion?"

It's scary to think about it, what a strong spirit and control over the body can do it.

The current him, not to mention making general-purpose swordsmanship moves, even moving normally would make life worse than death.

"Did I make a mistake? Isn't this difficulty too scary for novices?"

Although Roger is not a tough guy, he doesn't think the pain he endured last night is just an appetizer.

"It's a concentration potion!"

He slapped his thigh sharply.

The effect of the concentration potion magnified his physical perception and mental concentration, which was equivalent to a catalyst, magnifying the feeling of pain countless times.

"If you don't die, you won't die. Would you like to test the effect of taking only the pain potion next time?"

"Let's try another day..."

Roger thought with lingering fear.

Looking at the time, it is estimated that it is already close to seven o'clock outside, and after returning, it will inevitably be complained.

Shaking his head helplessly, Roger hurriedly packed up all the instruments, changed his clothes, and rushed home quickly.

Nothing happened on the road, he was full of energy, and his speed was obviously much faster. The effect of the pain potion was indeed remarkable.

But the price is also extremely high. Maybe this is the inevitable result of breaking the physical state quickly.

The growth of strength is a slow process. Through alchemy, Roger quickly crossed this accumulation process, but he also paid a heavy price.

After staying in the car all night, the red-faced man felt extremely tired when he woke up, but at this moment, he saw Roger running leisurely from a distance.

"When did this kid go out?"

The red-faced man's face changed suddenly, "Could it be that this kid has discovered me?"

"An ordinary high school student, how is this possible?"

To Roger's relief, Andrine went out early before dawn and avoided asking him, but Amanda didn't seem so happy.

In her view, this is a bad act of an ally secretly acting behind her back.

"Where did you go?"

While eating, Amanda asked in a low voice.

"I suspected that someone was following me, so I experimented carefully."

"What?"

Amanda's face changed, and she was successfully attracted by Roger.

This is what Roger wants to reveal to Amanda after careful consideration. It is naturally inconvenient for him to say anything about Ivy, but he really needs to remind Amanda.

From various indications, the three holy spirits are probably not good men and women. If they can't find a breakthrough point for themselves, they may attack the people around them.

But for now, that doesn't seem to be happening.

With a sense of crisis, Roger quietly touched the pain potion in his pocket. If he wanted to become stronger, he would naturally have to bear the pain that matched it.

After dinner, Amanda and Jack went to school, leaving Roger at home alone, and he found a new reminder on the bulletin board in his mind.

[ General Swordsmanship lv1: Mastered the basic moves of swordsmanship initially, can complete the corresponding training independently, persist in training, and may be able to comprehend the essence of it after reaching a certain level.

Elven Short Sword Technique lv1: Integrating elegance and killing, taking into account physical training and certain fighting skills, your mastery of short swords is far beyond normal people. ]

"There is still a corresponding level?"

Roger was taken aback for a moment. The Nilfgaardian Body Strengthening Technique he had practiced before had never had a similar reminder. I don't know if it was because the level was too low or it was relatively simple.

In fact, the two kinds of swordsmanship that Roger is currently practicing can only be regarded as a practice method, not a real fighting skill. The elf short sword technique is slightly better, and the general swordsmanship hardly has many actual combat moves.

It just allows the cultivator to temper their own strength and strengthen their physique.

It seems that skill is of little importance until one becomes a true witcher.

If you think about it carefully, it does make sense.

This is like when playing a game, there are no skill points in the early stage, and there is no harm in accumulating power to increase output after all.

Starting to practice again, Roger didn't take the concentration potion, but diluted the pain potion and drank it, and started exercising in the room.

Compared with last night, Roger took the initiative to dilute the effect of the medicine, and the pain was indeed greatly reduced, but it was almost to the limit of his own tolerance.

The pain potion itself has a part of the regenerative function, but Roger has been practicing, and his body's recovery can't keep up.

He gritted his teeth, and continued exercising crazily as long as his body could still move.

In this way, the whole day passed silently, and at night he lay in bed, the severe pain made him unable to sleep, and the GM that had been parked on the side of the street disappeared.

Roger's heart sank, and some bad thoughts came to his mind.

"What if the other party breaks in when there is no one at home during the day?"

As soon as this thought came to his mind, his sleepiness disappeared immediately.

"No, I can't wait any longer. I have to take the initiative. At least I need to know the opponent's strength!"

The next day, after Andrine left, he rode to the center of the town by bike, bought the things he needed, and ran into Greg on the road. His heart moved, he walked to Greg, and said something in a low voice.

It didn't take long for Greg, who was big and round, to walk in the direction pointed out by Roger. Then, the expression of the red-faced man hiding in the car changed.

When he finally finished dealing with Greg and raised his head again, there was no sign of Roger around.

As the sun set, Roger returned home on time. During the conversation, Roger noticed Andrine's undisguised dislike for the so-called lawyer sent by Ivy.

After dinner, he went to bed early to rest.

At midnight, Roger got up and changed into black clothes, jumped down the window, made no secret of his tracks, and rushed straight to the woods.

Dark clouds covered the moonlight.

The hunt begins.

14