Chapter 39. Pain Potion
354 2 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The funeral ceremony was over, and the two of Roger did not find any clues in Simpson's house, but this time it was not completely fruitless. Not long after leaving, Roger received a check sent by Sherman.

$3000.

The U.S. dollar is the official currency of the Federal Government of Menia, the country where Roger is now, and its purchasing power is almost the same as that of the United States in his previous life.

3,000 US dollars is not a super huge sum of money, but for a high school student, it is an out-and-out windfall.

Recently, Roger has lived frugally and spent all the pocket money that Andrine gave him, but there are still many things that have not been purchased completely. With this money, his financial situation will be easy for a long time to come.

Roger didn't feel any embarrassment about this.

The school asked for leave, and Amanda naturally didn't have to go to school. The two returned home and sorted out the clues in their hands, but after discussing and discussing, there was still nothing to gain.

Amanda originally planned to ask Betty to come out to discuss it together, but after making a phone call, she found out that Betty had left Bay Town the day before. It is said that because she couldn't bear the pointing at the school, she transferred to another place.

Roger originally planned to hide in the room and meditate quietly, but he changed his mind after careful consideration.

Now that I have money in my hand and a girl by my side, if I don't go out and play around at this time, how can I be worthy of the 3,000 dollars that I just got?

Real luxury is unaffordable, but there is nothing wrong with buying a few clothes for the little girl and having a good meal for the two of them.

Although accusing Roger of his previous actions, Amanda ate with peace of mind, according to her statement.

"Roger, it is wrong for you to ask Mr. Sherman for money."

"But I still have no problem spending your money."

Having said that, what Amanda chose was the cheapest department store, and what she ate was nothing more than ordinary fast food.

The sum of all the consumption is not even comparable to the few toys she bought for Little Jack.

She just enjoyed the process, not really greedy for money.

Roger was dumbfounded.

It seems that thick-skinned is indeed contagious, and in less than a day, the red-haired girl has learned the essence of each.

To be honest, Amanda is indeed a standard beauty, with fair skin, a beautiful face, and a good personality in all aspects.

"But it's a pity..."

Roger couldn't help sighing.

"Unfortunately not a sorceress..."

Roger is not a supermodel, but as a witcher, he have to be a little higher.

"Well... sorceress, this is the most basic requirement."

"Actually, it's not impossible to have a good-looking female fairy."

"As for human women?"

"Of course, it's resolute no... yes."

Roger thought silently.

Although he was wandering outside, Roger's attention kept scanning the surroundings intentionally or unintentionally. He quickly locked on to the General Motors, and not long after, he noticed a big red-faced man looming in the distance.

If it wasn't for his intentional search, he would never have found the other party's figure.

"Hey, follow along, let's see who of us consumes who."

All day Roger loitered about, dragging the red-faced man after him.

When he got home at night, Roger made various small movements in the room, as if he might go out at any time.

But until late at night, he did not take any action.

When it was time to go to bed, Roger turned off the light, and just when the red-faced man thought he could rest for a while, the desk lamp in the room on the second floor was quietly turned on again.

The red-faced man cheered up and waited carefully.

Half an hour, an hour.

The lights in the room went out.

Nothing happened.

He yawned tiredly and his eyes kept fighting, but just as he was drowsy, the lights in the room on the second floor turned on again.

The big man strengthened his spirit.

This time the lights went off quickly, about 5 minutes, and the room was dark again.

Going to pee?

After being tossed and tossed several times, the red-faced man was a little exhausted, his spirit was relaxed, and his eyes were slightly closed.

After an unknown amount of time, he suddenly opened his eyes, the surrounding area was quiet, and the second floor was still dark.

"Should be asleep."

The big man took a comfortable position and fell asleep in a daze.

At the same time, Roger had already quietly flipped down from the bathroom window on the other side, circled around, and headed straight for the distant forest.

Having been delayed all day, he had to deal with the heart.

There was no delay on the road, and Roger rushed back to the hut in the forest as quickly as possible. I don't know if it was because of the hidden attribute bonus of the hunter hut. Although it had been left for a whole day, the wolf's heart and eyes were still fresh.

He turned on the lights in the room, and under the dim light, he began to process the materials in his hands.

"When I have time in the future, I need to install a generator no matter what. This kind of light is too testy to operate."

An hour later, after consuming all the flesh and blood in his hands, Roger finally got the first batch of pain potions.

In the transparent test tube is a liquid as thick as blood.

"What is the effect of this thing?"

"Do you want to try it?"

There are still about six or seven hours before dawn, and the time is a bit tight.

After hesitating for a moment, Roger made up his mind.

Although the current situation seems to be calm, Ivy and Sherman are watching from the sidelines, without the strength to protect themselves, it is too dangerous.

"At most, go back a little later."

Thinking of this, he didn't hesitate anymore, first he raised his head and drank a concentration potion, then opened the stopper, and drank the red liquid in one gulp.

Mixed with the stench of blood and the smell of herbs, Roger almost vomited his dinner.

"I don't feel anything?"

He waved the wooden stick in his hand, "This pain potion doesn't hurt..."

In the next second, severe pain like a tide suddenly hit, his body staggered, and Roger fell to his knees on the ground with a plop.

"Ah!"

He let out a scream and rolled on the ground crazily, but the more he moved his body, the more painful it became. He felt that every muscle fiber was broken, crushed and reassembled.

Thinking of the introductory text in the pain potion, Roger tried hard to calm himself down, but the spasmodic and broken muscles made him completely lose control of his body.

He was twitching on the ground like a catfish, and the focus potion amplified the effect, and he even felt like it hurt to breathe.

"I'm going to die, I'm going to die!"

The pain was completely beyond Roger's imagination, and his brain was on the verge of collapse and fainting under the stimulation of overload.

However, the effect of the concentration potion kept his brain awake for the last bit, and he endured all the pain helplessly.

With bulging veins on his forehead and bloodshot eyes, Roger felt that he might die at any time. This process was so long, and it was the first time he experienced the pain of transformation as a witcher.

He suddenly remembered a conversation in the training manual.

[ "Have you ever felt pain?"

"Yes."

"No, you didn't." ]

13