Chapter 44. The Gwent Card?
328 0 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It was late at night, and a white mist rose around the cemetery, and a figure was looming in the white mist.

"You killed him?"

The calm voice sounded again, and it was only then that Roger realized that the voice he heard didn't come from his ears at all, but seemed to appear directly from the bottom of his heart.

The fog dissipated, the figure got closer and closer, and Roger could see the other person's appearance clearly.

It was a young girl with chestnut hair and fair skin. She was not a very delicate beauty, but she revealed a little intelligence.

She was wearing a tube top dress, and the hem of the dress was spread on the ground. As she moved, the dress undulated continuously, and then passed directly over the tombstones!

Roger blinked, and he even patted his head lightly, until the girl floated in front of him, less than half a meter away from him.

"you you……"

The cold wind rushed towards him, and Roger watched helplessly as the girl passed through his body and gathered behind him again.

A chill rushed into her mind, and she couldn't help shivering.

"Can you see me now?"

A girl's voice came, and then revolved around Roger left and right.

"Are you a human or a ghost?"

As soon as the words came out of his mouth, Roger felt that he had asked a stupid question.

"Ghost?"

The girl muttered softly, and then her image changed drastically!

The original white and plump skin disappeared, replaced by a rotting body full of gullies, her nails elongated and became black and sharp, her tongue grew crazy to about half a meter, and it was covered with weird mucus hanging from her mouth. abdomen!

"Quack!"

"Is that what you mean?"

A distorted and desperate voice came, and the girl opened her bloody mouth wide and surrounded Roger, as if she was looking for the position of her mouth!

Roger's hairs stood on end, and he curled up into a ball in a defensive posture.

"Ha ha!"

"It's funny how scared you look!"

The body flew like smoke, and when she got closer, the girl had returned to her original appearance.

"You say I'm a human or a ghost?"

As if thinking of something, Roger asked, "Have you been living here?" He didn't bother with the question of ghosts anymore.

"Yes."

The girl nodded, then pointed to the wooden house in the distance, "I've lived here for a long time before you moved here."

"There were not so many trees here before, and our house is not far from here."

"That was many years ago, how long has it been?"

She tilted her head and thought for a while, "Forget it, it's been many years anyway."

Roger suddenly remembered the description about the hut in the forest. If he had known at that time that his neighbor was a female ghost of unknown age, then he might not have the courage to choose this place.

Thinking of everything that happened here not long ago, Roger couldn't help but feel hairy. He didn't know what was triggered because he buried his body here tonight.

Or because of the effects of using psychic water recently.

But obviously, the most important question before him is what should he do next?

Whether to continue to bury the body, or change to another place.

The night, the forest, the cemetery, and the female ghost are all exciting to think about.

"My name is Anna, how about you?"

The female ghost looked at Roger curiously.

After hesitating for a moment, Roger still answered, "Roger."

If the guy in front of him could kill himself with just one name, then he would admit it too.

"So...we're neighbors now?"

Anna asked.

"I can't leave here, and I can't meet anyone who can see me. You have been hiding in that weird house since you moved here."

"I can't get close to that house. You have been turning a blind eye to me before, but it's strange to say that today I try to talk to you, and you can actually detect me."

"That's really good news."

"Can you come and chat with me when you're free?"

Roger's scalp was numb, but he could only nod stiffly.

"Very good!"

The girl's body suddenly floated up, and then quickly flew around the cemetery, "I can only appear at night, don't forget, if you come here, I will definitely find you."

"I'm sorry, I'm so excited."

The girl bowed gracefully, "This is Mr. Roger, it's the first time we meet, so I won't disturb your work."

She pointed at the corpse on the ground with a smile, and retreated, gradually disappearing into the mist.

Touching his wet forehead, Roger felt that his body was drenched in cold sweat. Although his heart was beating violently, he still tried his best to put on a calm look, then bent down and pushed the corpse into the pit.

The soil was flying, and he worked mechanically. He didn't take a breath until he filled the big hole, tamped the soil on it, and made some simple modifications. Then he took a breath and returned to the wooden house with the shovel on his shoulder.

As soon as the door was closed, Roger's body instantly went limp.

Facing murlocs, wild wolves, and even murderers who wanted to put him to death, he could treat each other calmly.

But ghosts?

Roger felt his calf cramp. Thinking about it now, he sighed how brave and calm he was just now.

Quickly opened the hut information, this time he really found something different.

[ The hut in the woods in front of the cemetery ( In good condition):

*Level 1

*Completeness: 100%.

*Description: In addition to satisfying the basic needs of life, you also get a cemetery and old bones buried in the ground.

*You have a new neighbor, Anna.

*A new category has been unlocked in the Monster Illustrated Book, Ghosts by the grave, please go to the study to check it out.

*Note: When choosing a hunter's lodge, in many cases there will be traces of other creatures near the original site of the house.
They are friendly, neutral, or hostile. It all depends on your attitude and strength.

Peaceful coexistence or all-out war? The cemetery does not belong to the hunter's lodge, and it cannot be transferred after the house is relocated. Please handle it properly.

Current relationship with Anna: Cold. ]

A shimmering card was generated in Roger's consciousness. On the front of the card was the image of Anna, and behind her was the misty cemetery.

On the back of the card is the demon hunter's logo. The whole card looks a bit rough. It seems that due to unknown influences, some functions cannot be fully activated.

"What's this?"

"Gwent card?"

Thinking of those days when he played cards crazily, Roger felt a little itchy for a while.

"Come and get the Gwent card?"

"What's the use of this thing?" He was a little confused for a while, but maybe with the upgrade of the hunter's hut, he can open more new functions.

He walked into the study and took out the monster illustration book.

Turning to a new page, a new entry appeared.

[ Ghosts at the Grave: Ghosts, as one might call them, are the result of intense emotions at the moment of death, incorporeal, and sometimes confined to one place or object.

Although unable to attack physically, they can affect those around them through possession and mental illusions.

Before becoming a demon hunter, ordinary people lack the means to deal with ghosts. Please keep in mind that keeping your mind clear and staying as far away as possible is always the only way to deal with ghosts.

If you are facing evil spirits or demon spirits, don't hesitate to run!

Countermeasures: Ghost Oil, Seal of Arden, Moondust Bomb.

Weaknesses: Destroying sojourners, or breaking the obsession in the heart. ]

13