Chapter 49. Calm
306 0 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"What is he going to do?!"

Roger was startled, and suddenly thought of Anna whom he had met not long ago.

Information about ghosts flashed through his mind, he didn't have time to think, and walked out quickly.

"Boom!"

Roger made a noise as he touched the table and chair beside him with a fussy look.

"Roger, what happened?"

Andrine hurriedly stood up and asked.

"Well……"

Roger glanced quickly, and the head floating up from the pocket watch had already left the table and was slowly floating towards Andrine.

"Andrine, I want to have a good talk with you about what happened in the morning."

"Talk, now?"

Andrine hesitated, she glanced at Henrik who was sitting on the sofa, but it took only a moment for her to make a choice.

"Well... sorry, my boy... I have to have a good talk with him."

"It does not matter."

Henrik stood up gracefully, and he picked up the pocket watch on the table, "I've delayed you for a long time, I've asked what I should ask, and if I have any other questions, I will call you."

"Thank you for your understanding."

Andrine still felt a little impolite.

Roger stood where he was, trying to stay normal, trying not to show any flaws in his expression.

The pale head gradually moved away from Andrine, and he stared at Roger coldly with a pair of dead fish eyes.

Just when Roger thought that the other party was going to do something, the man named Henrik gently opened the pocket watch, and the head floating in the air was pulled into the pocket watch.

Click!

The cover is closed. The room was back to normal again.

Roger's tense muscles gradually relaxed. If the mass of things really rushed towards Andrine just now, then he could only choose to attack that Henrik.

Seeing the man away, Roger was completely relieved.

"Funny boy."

Standing on the street corner, Henrik glanced back with a smile on his lips.

"A born psychic?"

He tore off his tie from under his collar and got into a car on the side of the road.

As soon as he got in the car, he quickly took off his suit jacket, and reached out to dig somewhere, "It's a bit of a leak if you don't wear underwear..."

Compared with his sanctimonious appearance just now, he has completely changed.

After starting the car, Henrik drove to a manor at the end of the road.

There, sits the oldest mansion in the entire Bay Town.

Enter the gate according to the procedure, and it didn't take long for Henrik to meet the owner of the manor.

An old woman with gray hair and thin body.

The Mayor of Bay Town, Ms. Huda.

Henrik didn't speak, but pushed a hand card engraved with complicated patterns over.

The old woman just glanced at it, but didn't move.

"I haven't seen anyone from the Hunter Guild for a long time."

She glanced at Henrik, "Since you came looking for me, then you must be a witcher?"

"I'm not Transcendence."

"I'm afraid it will be difficult in the future."

The loneliness on Henrik's face flashed across.

"I'm here to ask for help. A standard witch hunting team needs a hunter and a psychic."

He looked at Huda expectantly.

"I'm old, I can't act with you, and no one in my family has inherited the talent of a psychic medium."

The old woman put her arms around her shoulders.

"If you want to inquire about information, you can come here at any time, but other things..."

"I can't help you much, you'd better find someone else."

"You don't have any daughters or granddaughters?"

Henrik smiled.

"Maybe I missed it, can I test it for you again?"

Henrik glanced at the portraits on the wall, which showed important members of the entire family. It could be seen that the family had good genes, and they were all handsome men and beautiful women.

"No!"

The old woman's voice turned cold.

"If there is nothing else, please leave. I am old and my energy is not good."

"Ha ha……"

Henrik smiled awkwardly, "I don't mean anything else, just asking casually."

He stood up.

"Oh, right."

"What do you think about the recent wild animal attacks in the town?"

The old woman glanced at Henrik.

"The only thing I can be sure of is that there are no ghosts in here."

"Thank you." Henrik smiled.

No ghosts, so it could be something else.

"Thank you for the coffee."

Henrik turned and left.

"This is the best coffee. It's a pity that he didn't take a sip."

While clearing the table, the maid muttered softly.

On the other side of the town, in Sherman's manor, the atmosphere was not so harmonious.

Ivy has a gloomy face and a dangerous aura exuding from her body. Recently, she has turned the island where Kant once lived upside down.

It is no exaggeration to say that she has searched every corner of the island, even the nearby beaches and waters.

But the result is still nothing. In this case, it was strange that she was in a good mood.

"How's the investigation going?"

Thinking about something in her heart, Ivy's tone seemed a little heavy.

"There's definitely something wrong with that teenager named Roger!"

"Something might be on him!"

Sherman sat across from Ivy.

"Where is the thing? Got it?"

Ivy's face turned from cloudy to sunny.

Sherman shook his head.

"The person I sent missed, a gardener and a servant died!"

"But I managed to find a reserve seed. He has been missing for a day and a night. Something must have happened."

"Waste!"

Ivy slapped the table violently.

"Ms. Ivy, I'm not your subordinate, and I paid the price for this!"

"After so many days, you only got one plausible news?"

"Why don't you do it yourself, arrest him and torture him?"

Ivy's expression became very dangerous.

"It was you who told me not to act rashly!"

Sherman was also a little annoyed.

"That kid lives in the sheriff's house, what can I do, just rush to the door and arrest him?"

The expected goal was not achieved, and Sherman's tone was a little aggressive.

"After all, there is a way, it just depends on whether you want to do it or not! I heard about the beast attack in the town, is it your fault?"

"You put all your energy on that, and you don't have the mood to do things for me at all!"

Ivy asked.

"I don't know what you're doing, but you want to achieve extraordinary power through just a few rituals?"

Ivy sneered.

"Delusion."

"If you have that energy, why not help me!"

She stood up abruptly, "You don't need to do the rest, I will personally arrest that kid and interrogate him carefully."

"The agreement is terminated, and I will report your performance carefully."

After searching for a period of time, Ivy completely lost patience, and the reality forced her to take some extreme measures.

The fingertips became sharp, and Ivy showed a hint of ferocity on her face.

12