Chapter 51. Sherman Manor
302 1 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"What do you know?"

Roger asked curiously.

"This is a cruel transformation ceremony. I have seen similar cases in the files of the branch. Guided by blood, those who participate in the ceremony will dedicate their souls without knowing it."

"The ritual will arouse the viciousness of the nearby beasts, making them extremely aggressive, and part of the souls of those killed by them will be absorbed and become part of the caster's power."

Henrik glanced at Roger, "According to what you said, it should be the guy who provided the broken pages of mysticism."

"Although the threshold for the most basic mystical ritual is very low, it cannot be performed by just a few high school students."

"The most important steps of the entire ceremony have been completed, the rest is just blood guidance, and those things placed around are just boring tricks."

Henrik looked a little disdainful.

Roger frowned. He believed in Henrik's professionalism, but he always felt that there was still something that didn't make sense.

Deep down, Roger had almost locked on to Sherman, but he couldn't tell Henrik that he had killed someone in the woods, nor that he was being followed.

And in this ceremony, Bob is also a participant, even if he prepared some kind of potion for Bob in advance that can drive away bloodthirsty beasts, there is no need for his son to participate in this kind of thing.

Roger was thinking about how to lead Henrik's investigation to Sherman, but Henrik continued to analyze.

"In order to absorb the soul fragments of the dead reasonably, the caster must be an important part of the ceremony, and he must either directly participate in the blood oath."

"Either... the blood relatives of the participants!"

Henrik said firmly.

"After removing the dead one and the girl from your family, there are only three targets left."

Henrik's eyes are determined. At this moment, he no longer has the usual profligacy, and looks much more reliable.

"Betty...that black girl, according to the information, she seems to have something to do with..., it's unlikely."

Henryk muttered something under his breath.

"Bob and that girl named Lucy, they are the two most suspected!"

"How do we lock the target next?" Asked Roger.

Henrik's efficiency is much faster than him.

"Target locked?"

"Why lock the target?" Henrik asked back.

"Boy, with this level of analysis, this matter has basically been resolved."

"There are two remaining targets, just check one by one."

Henrik waved his hand, "Go, follow me!"

"Where are you going?"

Roger really wanted to say that he would have class tomorrow, but seeing Henrik's attitude, he probably wouldn't listen.

Most importantly, he is also very curious.

It was a rare opportunity to get in touch with a real witcher, so he was naturally unwilling to give up this opportunity.

"Go to that Bob's house."

Henrik patted his head.

"His father's name is Sherman, right? Where does he live?"

"Let me think..."

"The guys from the Three Holy Spirits like to develop the most are the local rich and some guys with considerable assets."

"Hate the poor and love the rich, tsk tsk, the minions of capital have reached the extraordinary realm."

"If we're lucky enough, maybe tonight we'll be able to resolve this incident."

"The two of us, now?"

"If not?"

Henrik looked at Roger with your stupid eyes.

"Wait until dawn, and then come to visit me swaggeringly? Trust me boy, if you do that, you won't find anything."

He patted Roger on the shoulder.

"If you want to become a qualified witcher in the future, well... then the first thing you should learn is..."

"Shameless enough."

"Go to hell with those so-called processes!"

The woods are a bit cool at night, and Henrik misses the underwear he threw at the hotel.

"Having said that, it doesn't feel bad to not give money."

Roger didn't know that the witcher, who was still a pious demon hunter just now, had already lost his mind and began to think about where to go to have fun after the mission was over.

Outside the manor.

The two figures were carefully hidden in the dark.

"Follow me for a while, don't make a sound, don't move around, and leave everything to me."

Henrik raised his hand, but he didn't see how he moved. After a few soft beeps, the camera installed in a hidden corner completely lost its function.

The outer wall of the Sherman Manor is very high. This is a rather old building. Now it is rare to see a manor with such a tall wall.

Without a run-up, Henrik jumped up lightly, stepped on the edge of the wall with his toes, and turned over the courtyard wall lightly with both hands.

The current Roger is no longer the rookie before. Although Henrik's movements are relaxed, Roger can still feel the power contained in the opponent's body.

At least with his current physical fitness, there is no way to be as relaxed and freehand as Henrik.

Although the posture was ugly, Roger also managed to climb over the courtyard wall. As soon as he landed, he saw Henrik gently raised his hand. Then, two muffled groans came from the grass not far away. Two big black dogs walked out staggeringly.

Then fell to the ground.

"This guy……"

"Response, perception, power..."

"Many aspects are far beyond ordinary people."

Roger originally thought that Henrik's skills were all in the use of firearms, but now it seems that even if this guy has shortcomings, he is much better than himself.

"Okay, it's safe."

Henrik leaned against the wall and quickly approached the small building in the distance in the shadows.

The movement was brisk without making a sound. Compared with him, Roger felt like a bear in armor.

The dark scenes have become indistinct, and now Roger misses the state after taking the night cat potion.

Henrik unlocked the door with ease, and quietly entered the room.

"We seem to be in the right place."

Nostrils moved slightly, Henrik whispered.

Immediately afterwards, his face changed slightly, "It smells like blood!"

As he spoke, he didn't care to hide his figure, and rushed up the stairs with a brisk step. Roger was startled, grabbed the handle of the knife and followed.

"Boom!"

Henrik was very fast. He went straight to a room at the end of the corridor on the second floor, kicked open the door, and rolled in.

In the darkness, there was a rustling sound. Near the bookcase near the wall, there was a black figure searching for something.

A little light shines on the opponent through the curtain, and a slender arm can be vaguely seen.

At this time, Roger, who was trying his best, also came to the door.

Boom!

There was a shot.

Henrik, who was rolling on the ground, fired without hesitation.

A spark bloomed in the darkness, and immediately after, the figure beside the bookcase fell down.

But Henrik still didn't give up, he adjusted his posture while rolling, and pulled the trigger again!

14