Chapter 53. Tradition and Modernity
299 1 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

While eating breakfast in the dining room, news of Sherman's murder spread throughout the town.

In Bay Town, Sherman was a veritable star, with many people working on his fish farm, and his death naturally caused an uproar.

"I heard it was love killing."

Someone whispered, "It is said that one of his mistresses stabbed him to death with a table knife."

"How did I hear it was a commercial dispute?"

Because of Sherman's death, public opinion in the town was like a storm.

Discussions come and go, and there is no specific official statement. Sometimes people don't care about the truth, but just want to give more talk about their boring lives.

Amanda looked at Roger suspiciously.

"What are you looking at me for?"

"Any weird?"

"What's weird? Do you still think Sherman's death has something to do with me?"

Amanda squinted.

"I can't tell, but you don't seem surprised at all, as if you knew the news from the beginning."

"Ha ha." Roger smiled awkwardly.

"I overheard Andrine's phone call." Roger explained casually.

But even so, Amanda still didn't seem to let go of her doubts.

When they came to school, Bob naturally didn't show up. I heard that he just didn't come home last night, so he escaped a catastrophe.

The whole day's study was nothing to talk about, so Roger naturally drank medicine to enter the study state, and lay down to rest for a while when he was tired. Although he felt that a lot of knowledge was useless, since he promised Andrine, he didn't want to break his promise.

After what happened before, all the students in the school now know that Roger is not easy to mess with, and naturally no one dares to strike up a conversation with him. Roger was left alone, and just dealt with Thomas casually.

This guy is heartless and pervert, but his professional knowledge in wild animals is indeed solid, and he is also very familiar with many creatures that only exist in legends.

Because of Sherman's death, the whole town has become panicked. Recently, the town has not been peaceful, and several people have died one after another.

After school, the three of them settled for dinner in the dining room, and Andrine didn't come back until very late.

As night fell, Roger drew the curtains, moved around the room, and practiced the elven short sword technique.

[ Elven Short Sword Technique lv2: The transformation between life and death is better than the repeated grinding during practice. The habit is integrated into the muscles. You have completely mastered the power-generating skills of the knife technique. It is fast and precise, and it can burst out terrible lethality even when you are tired. ]

In the past few days, all of Roger's experience has been focused on short knives, and his practice of general swordsmanship is a little worse.

However, there is no way around this. Perhaps Roger will have the opportunity to fully integrate into cultivation after Henrik completely resolves the beast attack.

At that time, he will usher in an explosive increase in strength.

"I don't have a handy weapon..."

Looking at the dagger-shaped wooden stick in his hand, Roger felt that this witcher...was really a bit fake.

In the game, a character can be improved with just a little bit of skill, but in reality, he needs to make steady progress on the ground.

Tuk tuk tuk!

Just as he was thinking about something, there was a light sound outside the window.

A familiar face appeared.

Roger opened the window, and Henrik flipped in skillfully.

"What are you doing here?"

"Ask you to act together?"

Henrik said naturally.

"That seems to be your business?" Roger said with a wooden face.

Henrik smiled indifferently, "Inherited from a witcher family, I don't believe you will not be interested in these things."

"And……"

"Aren't you interested in becoming a real witcher?"

Seeing the movement in Roger's eyes, Henrik took out an object and threw it over casually.

"It's for you!"

This time Roger didn't let the thing fall to the ground.

Snapped.

Roger's eyes lit up.

This is a short knife with a length of more than 40 centimeters.

The handle of the knife is wrapped with a kind of gray animal skin, which feels surprisingly good in the grip, as if it was tailor-made for him.

Tall and long, dull in color, about two and a half fingers wide, Roger couldn't distinguish the material. He tried to swing it a few times, and the sharp blade cut through the air, but the sound was extremely soft.

With this thing, the dagger he secretly hid before can be honorably discharged from the army.

"This thing took me some time."

Henrik said.

"Traditional witchers are rare these days. Although cold weapons are still used by everyone, they are no longer mainstream."

"And more advanced weapons... Even if they are given to you, they won't work."

"Traditional witcher?"

"Could it be that there are traditional and modern witch hunters?"

Roger froze.

"Why not?"

Henrik's silver-white pistol appeared on his right hand, "No matter how fast it is, do you think your knife can be faster than bullets?"

Seeing the unconvinced look in Roger's eyes, Henrik smiled, "If you distance yourself, you won't even have a chance to make a move."

"Don't equate us with normal shooters. Our optic nerves, reaction speed, and hands have all been specially strengthened. This is beyond comparison for ordinary people."

"The closer you are, the faster you will die."

Henrik sneered.

"But it's not completely without drawbacks. Modern witchers rely too much on weapons. It's fine to deal with some ordinary incidents, but if they face some real..."

Henrik sighed.

"Do what you say, you just need to know that if you want to continue the path of the traditional witcher, the path you want to take in the future will be very difficult."

"If you have a reason to do so, then you'd better join those few families that still have inheritance."

"Or try your luck at sunrise in the east."

"Times have changed."

Henrik clasped his hands together, and the pistol disappeared in his hands.

"It's getting late, we have to hurry up."

Looking at Roger who was still standing there, Henrik stretched out his hand, "Either give me the knife, or follow me."

There was no reason to return what he got, Roger followed closely with his new short knife.

When he came to the woods, Henrik took out the handbag he got from Sherman yesterday, and took out a page from it.

"That Sherman has some tricks. Although the ceremony he held is a bit cruel, the effect is indeed remarkable. Once he succeeds..."

Henrik obviously came prepared, and took out some bottles and jars from a square suitcase, an unknown red liquid, pungent powder, strange herbs, and pale bones.

The pendant on the chest is slightly warm, which is enough to show that the things Henrik took out are not ordinary things.

"If you want to activate a mysterious ritual, you must either have the corresponding energy, or use an extraordinary spellcasting item."

Henrik explained casually.

Hearing this, Roger was slightly taken aback. From the beginning to the end, all the potions he prepared did not use any extraordinary substances.

Is it a specificity of the hunter hut?

......

Hello guy, if you like my work, then please support me on my Patreon channel, where not only you can read more than 35+ chapters of my both books.
Also if you guys like my work then you can give a try to my other work ( The Witcher and His Huts )

patreon.com/KarmaLord

14