Chapter 57. Marsh Town
294 0 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Not because of Sherman's death."

Andrine complained.

"Hasn't the murderer been caught?"

Roger was slightly taken aback.

"That Ivy."

"At first we just suspected it, it was a routine investigation, but for some reason, she ran away as soon as she saw us."

"Almost all the police forces in the town were dispatched to track down the whole way. They passed through several towns along the way, but found nothing."

"In fact, when the other party escaped immediately, it was impossible to hunt her down. But Sherman is a celebrity in the town after all, and the pressure from above is relatively high. Even if she is pretending, she can only continue to track her down."

It could be seen that Andrine was very angry at this futile effort.

"Forget it, tell you what to do."

"How is your health?"

Roger came back to his senses, "It's much better, maybe I caught a cold accidentally."

"Time flies, and it's the annual Murloc Festival in the blink of an eye." Andrine's eyes flickered, as if remembering something.

"This is your first vacation since coming to Bay Town, any thoughts?"

"Every year, the Murloc Festival is very lively here."

"Well……"

Roger hesitated for a moment, and then he said, "I'm planning to communicate with you. There is a classmate in my class, Thomas. His uncle has a lakeside vacation home in Marsh Town. He wants to invite me to go with him..."

"Marsh Town?"

Andrine frowned, but soon relaxed, "It's rare that you met new friends, it's good to go out for a walk, how many days do you plan to go?"

"Two or three days at most."

"The time is just right. You should be able to participate in the town's festival after you come back. Not only the residents of Bay Town, but also people from other surrounding towns will come to participate."

"It's a long way from here to Marsh Town, how are you going to get there?"

"Just the two of you driving, I'm not at ease."

Andrine's meticulousness warmed Roger's heart, but he couldn't help it, he couldn't confess to Andrine.

"Mr. Henrik, remember him?"

"The one from the Wildlife servey?"

Roger nodded, "Thomas' father knows him, and he happens to be going to Marsh Town, so we can take his car."

"That way I can rest assured." Andrine smiled gratifiedly, "It would be great if Amanda was half as sensible as you."

Faced with this kind of question, Roger really didn't know how to respond, so he could only reply with a rack of brains, "Amanda is actually..."

"You don't need to say, I know her, she is a good girl."

"It's just some things from that year..."

Andrine hesitated to speak, but at this moment, there was a soft sound, and Amanda and Jack pushed open the door and walked in.

"Amanda, this is my last ultimatum, the two newest toys, if you don't promise me, I'll leak your and...uh..."

Jack's mouth was blocked violently. He struggled violently, but when he looked up, he saw Andrine sitting at the dining table.

Amanda gave him a hard look.

"What's the matter?" Andrine asked curiously.

"Oh, nothing..."

Little Jack rolled his eyes, then opened his hands and rushed towards Andrine. At this time, being coquettish and cute is the best way to divert attention.

After dinner, when Roger returned to his room, he saw an extra stack of banknotes on the table, and couldn't help feeling warm.

A woman raises two children, and the family's conditions are not particularly good. Now with him...

"We need to find a reasonable way to make money."

In the future, when the level is upgraded, buying a new real estate may also be a considerable expense.

There was nothing to say all night, Roger did not continue to practice, but had a good sleep.

In the early morning of the third day, the horn of a car came from downstairs.

Roger put on his clothes, checked his backpack for the last time, and hurried downstairs. When he reached the stairs, he happened to see Henrik, who looked like a gentleman, talking to Andrine.

"Good morning, you seem to be in good shape." A look of surprise flashed in his eyes.

After not seeing him for a few days, he felt that Roger had changed a lot.

"I'll trouble you along the way."

"This is what I should do."

After exchanging pleasantries, Roger took breakfast and got into the car.

"Is the Hunter Guild really that shabby? Or is it that your level can only be equipped with such a car?"

Roger complained while stuffing the food.

"Low key, we are here to investigate, not to pick up girls."

"What's the specific event?" Not counting the incident at Sherman Manor two days ago, this was Roger's first time participating in a witcher mission.

"A Haunted Manor..."

Henrik suddenly closed his mouth in the middle of speaking, Roger turned his head, and Amanda was walking over with a backpack on his face.

"Hello, is there any space in the car?"

She glanced at Henrik, and finally her eyes fell on Roger's face.

"I originally made an appointment with Betty to go to the beach, but she has something to do and can't leave, so I plan to go to Marsh Town to meet her, I heard that you are going there too..."

Roger looked back at Henrik.

Your girl, solve it by yourself.

Roger read the meaning in Henrik's eyes.

"Mr. Henrik, is it still convenient in the car?"

Roger asked pretendingly.

"It's okay, the four of us are just right."

"Thank you very much, Mr. Henrik!"

Amanda shouted thanks.

With other people around, Roger and Henrik couldn't continue discussing the mission. The vehicle started, went around to pick up Thomas, and then drove out of Bay Town along the road.

The four people in the car had their own thoughts, and Thomas was naturally tricked out by Roger. He didn't have any relatives in Marsh Town. As for the so-called lakeside vacation house, it was actually a place that Roger had rented in advance.

Along the way, Thomas didn't speak. He held an animal illustrated book with relish, and Amanda made a few phone calls along the way, and it seemed that he had made an appointment with Betty to meet him.

In terms of area, Marsh Town is the largest town under Bordeaux City, and its actual area even exceeds the urban area.

Within the jurisdiction of the town, there are large and small swamps and lakes, which used to be the Faku Colony.

The local population is mixed, and blacks occupy an absolute population advantage. In some remote villages, some customs and habits of the tribal period are even preserved.

More xenophobic than people here in Bay Town.

Nothing happened along the way, and when we approached Marsh Town, we could see lakes and large wetlands with very regional characteristics from a distance.

Entering the town, Henrik first sent Amanda to a tall tower in the center of the town, where a black girl was fumbling with her mobile phone boredly.

Compared with the last time we met, Betty seemed to have changed a lot. Her originally black and white eyes became brighter now, and she seemed to have completely escaped from her previous experience.

After exchanging a few pleasantries, everyone bid farewell to each other.

"Nice to meet you!" The two girls hugged each other.

"You said you have something important to tell me?"

Amanda looked curious.

Betty nodded.

"Believe me, this is the truth you've been looking for, and it will completely overturn your worldview!"

13