Chapter 58. The Haunted Manor
314 1 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Due to the geographical location, the residential areas of the swamp town span a huge span, some families even live in the depths of the swamp, and there are no people around for several miles.

And the lakeside vacation house rented by Roger is on the edge far away from the center of the town.

When passing by the supermarket, Roger bought a lot of food. Thomas looked very thin, but he had a big appetite. He sat in the back seat and ate happily.

"Roger, I blamed you before, you are such a good friend."

"I have always wanted to investigate the distribution of wild animals in the swamp area, and this is a rare opportunity."

"What shall we do next?"

After a while, the car stopped in front of a lake house.

"Is this the so-called lakeside vacation home?"

Thomas stared wide-eyed, looking at the dilapidated wooden house that was completely different from what he had imagined, and retreated.

"There is a lake, there is a house, um..."

Henrik made a serious comment, "Pfft...haha..."

"What the hell kind of place is this?"

He naturally knew that Roger rented this place.

Roger's face was also a little ugly.

"Boy, you have been cheated."

But the matter has come to this point, the money has been paid, and he can only barely make do with it.

Fortunately, although the house looks dilapidated, the internal facilities are basically in good condition. The refrigerator and water are all normal.

With a little cleaning, it can barely live.

Everything is tidied up.

"The girl you like is Betty?"

"The last time you met?"

Asked Thomas.

Before coming, Roger had discussed it with Thomas. He said that he wanted to spend this trip with a girl he had a crush on, and he hoped that he could help cover it.

Roger was responsible for all the expenses along the way, and he could also go to the swamp area that he had always wanted to go. As a senior otaku, Thomas felt that he had no reason to refuse, so he agreed.

"Betty?"

Roger blinked.

"You don't have to hide it brother, I've already seen it."

"When we first met, although the two of you acted distant, you couldn't escape my eyes."

Thomas put on the air of someone who was there, but in fact, most of the girls at school didn't even have the courage to look at him.

"Well……"

Thomas was willing to make up his mind, which happened to save Roger from explaining. He said something vague and patted Thomas on the shoulder.

"Anyway, this time I'm bothering you."

"It's nothing, we're friends."

"Okay, I'll clean up here alone, the girl is already impatient, so let's go!"

Thomas gave an ambiguous smile.

Roger grabbed his backpack and went out just in time to see Henrik talking to someone on the phone.

"Okay, we can go."

Roger fastened his seat belt, "Now we can talk about the mission."

Henrik snuffed out his cigarette.

"The task is very simple, investigate a haunted manor."

"A few days ago, there was a murder case in a manor on the edge of Marsh Town. A few idle hooligans ran to the manor to have fun."

"As a result, at midnight, a group of panicked people ran out of the manor. They all said they saw ghosts in the manor. When the police arrived to count the number of people, they found that one was missing."

"Early the next morning, the dead guy was found in the manor. The police announced that the guy had taken an overdose of hallucinogens."

"But in fact, that guy pulled out his lower body, but the weirdest thing is that when he died, the expression on his face was very happy."

"It's like reaching the pinnacle of happiness."

Roger made up that scene in his brain, feeling that it must be painful.

"Where do we go next?"

"Go directly to that manor?"

Henrik shook his head.

"No, let's ask those punks about the situation first."

"According to the information I have, the manor where the accident happened is not simple. Just a few months ago, a horrible tragedy happened there."

"That was before I took office."

"The owner of the manor is named Hunnam. It is said that there were nobles in the family a long time ago. Their family originated from Faku and owned a large number of farms, manors and slaves during the colonial period."

"Later, when the civil war broke out in Menia, serfdom was abolished, and the family was in the middle of the road. When it was passed down to Hannam's generation, the assets had shrunk very seriously."

"But Hunnam has always liked being called Sir."

Roger didn't say anything, and carefully wrote down every detail.

"Although the glory of the past is gone, Hunnam's family is still considered a local rich man. His only hobby is women."

"Women of all kinds."

Henrik let out a small sigh.

"Skin color, age, raw or cold."

"Tsk tsk, this old guy is over 60 years old, and he has married 7 times in his life!"

"Until he met his current wife, Edith, a white girl with blonde hair and blue eyes."

"He showed extraordinary enthusiasm and love for this wife, but it is a pity that his wife suffered three consecutive miscarriages and became seriously ill."

"In order to treat his wife, he spent almost all his assets."

"Even when he was desperate, he began to try some mystical rituals."

Hearing this, Roger's heart moved.

"And that's where the disaster started."

"According to the information, in order to save his wife's life, Hunnam stunned the maids, gardeners, grooms and housekeepers in the manor. He brutally killed five people and performed rituals with their bloody remains."

"The stench from the manor wafted out, and when the police arrived, Hunnam knelt beside his wife's body, the surrounding walls and ceilings were stained red with blood and internal organs."

"While Hannam was lying on his wife's side, she seemed to be pulling something out of her stomach."

"The police who went in were forced to rest for half a month because of the tragedy inside before recovering."

Henrik glanced at Roger.

"This kind of thing happened, how can this be an ordinary manor? To be honest, I would rather hunt monsters than drive away evil spirits, because in many cases, people's hearts are more terrifying than monsters!"

"What happened next?" asked Roger.

"Hannam was imprisoned in a mental hospital because of insanity, and most of his property was sold off, leaving only this manor in the end."

"Over time, it will be deserted."

Henryk sneered, "Those guys are really looking for death. If they stay idle like this, their souls may dissipate automatically after a long time, but they just broke in."

"Now that someone is dead, it's much more troublesome to deal with."

Henrik slowly stopped the car while talking.

"Go down and have something to eat, and inquire about the addresses of those guys by the way."

At this time, Roger also noticed a new notice on the bulletin board in his perception.

11