Chapter 59. Inquiry
298 0 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[ Haunted Manor: A gruesome murder took place at Sir Hunnam's manor, where ghosts haunt and continue to hunt those who disturb his sleep.

Appease the dead and trace the source to find out the secrets of Hunnam Manor.

Rewards:…… ]

Roger gritted his teeth.

This ellipsis is very confusing. Does it mean that the reward is unknown, or is it... omitted?

In addition to this task, there is also a task of beast attack on the bulletin board, but what makes Roger feel strange is that he and Henrik have found the murderer behind the scenes, and Sherman has also died.

But the strange thing is that the status of this task has not been updated, it still shows that it is not completed, and the handwriting on it is faintly visible, and it seems that it may disappear at any time.

"Is the direction of the mission investigation wrong?"

When it was noon, the two ordered a hamburger set meal. After thinking about it, Roger decided to ask Henrik for his opinion.

"Sherman is dead, and his accomplice has run away again. The root cause and hidden dangers of the beast attack have been resolved, and the mission is considered complete at this point."

"Could there be any clues we're missing?"

"What did you find?" Henrik asked back.

Roger's heart trembled, it seemed that his repeated questioning made Henrik suspicious.

"No, I just feel that things are going too smoothly." He explained casually.

"Hooo!"

Henrik happily drank the beer in the glass and burped in satisfaction.

"Young man, it's because you met me."

He said without shame.

"You have to remember." Henrik lowered his voice.

"We are witchers, not police. The truth is not important to us. What we have to do is to discover the root cause of the disaster and solve it, trying to minimize the impact of those things on ordinary people. Do you understand?"

Roger nodded with a vague understanding.

Life is not a game after all, and he still has a lot to learn.

After eating and drinking enough, Henrik went around the nearby alleys, and came out whistling after a short while.

"I have already inquired clearly. Just a few ordinary punks, doing some sneaky things."

He started the car, "Let's go, let's meet some parties."

…………

In a residential area on the edge of Marsh Town, a deafening music sounded from a house with peeling walls.

In the room, several young men and women were staggering and puffing.

They collapsed on the sofa in twos and threes, with greasy hair and pale faces. There was still uneaten pizza on the table, and the sound of men's panting and the swaying of the wooden bed could still be heard in the room behind the living room.

"You idiot keep your voice down!"

A young man in a vest shouted irritably.

"Haha, Gilmore, you must be envious of my persistence. Although you have a face that pleases women, you are still far behind in certain aspects of ability!"

A loud laugh came from the room, and instead of lowering the voice, the escalation of the battle seemed to be getting worse.

"What a ghost!"

The young man called Gilmore shook his head irritably, picked up the already cold pizza on the table and ate it with big mouthfuls.

"Oh, my God..."

A black youth sitting next to Gilmore sighed, "Please don't mention that word again."

"I now have nightmares every night and have to do something to put myself to sleep."

"The experience that day was a nightmare!"

There was a trace of panic on the face of the black youth.

"Don't be afraid, baby, it's all an illusion."

A black girl came out of his arms, "We all drank too much that night, and the things Gilmour got had a bit of stamina. In that environment, it's normal to see some hallucinations."

"A bunch of cowards!"

Gilmore curled his lips, "That guy Del is a pervert, he will play himself to death sooner or later, it's not surprising that he died there."

Someone muttered something.

"Haha, what's so scary?"

The door opened, and a burly young Caucasian man strode out, "I would say we should go there again, doing certain things in that kind of place is infinitely more exciting than going outside!"

"Oh no!"

"I don't want to go to that kind of ghost place again!"

A voice came from behind the white youth.

A thin man in a vest and shorts came out from behind him.

"Don't worry baby, I will protect you." The strong white man turned around and comforted.

Boom boom boom!

At this moment, there was a knock on the door outside the house.

Everyone looked at each other with doubts in their eyes.

Black teenage girl turns down the volume of the music.

"Who?!" Gilmore asked in a deep voice.

"Police!"

A middle-aged man's voice came from outside the door.

Everyone's face changed drastically. Gilmore gestured frantically and asked loudly at the same time, "Sir, is there anything I can do for you?"

"Regarding the death incident that occurred at Hannam Manor a few days ago, there are still some details that require your cooperation in the investigation."

"Come on officer, you've asked us so many times."

Gilmour stalled for as long as he could.

"Open the door!"

But what answered him was an increasingly deep voice outside the door.

The door opened.

Henrik and Roger enter the room.

"Find a clean room." Henrik raised the documents in his hand.

"Sir, I need to see your papers."

Gilmore said calmly.

Looking at the ID that Henrik handed over, Gilmore pretended to be casual and asked, "Are you from the police station? Officer Tom..."

"Stop your little tricks!"

Henrik interrupted Gilmore indifferently, "I don't know the so-called Tom, nor did we come from the police station."

He looked at Gilmore gloomyly, "Are you going to cooperate with my investigation obediently, or do you want to test whether your skull is as hard as my bullets!"

"Dare to threaten us?!"

A grown-up young man with long hair suddenly opened the drawer on the coffee table, he yelled, and pulled out a gun from it.

"Believe it or not, I'll open a hole in your head first..."

Before he finished speaking, a figure flashed in front of his eyes, and then his wrist hurt, and the gun in his hand was kicked high.

Roger kicked the gun in the long-haired young man's hand, turned around and hit the opponent's chest.

"Ah……!"

The long-haired young man let out a scream, and at this moment there was a snarl from behind, "They are not police!"

"F*ck them!"

Usually these guys might not be so impulsive, but at this time they have taken a lot of drugs, their spirits are in a state of excitement, and they can't stand the slightest provocation.

The burly white man picked up a chair beside him and rushed up with a roar.

But at this moment, a cold light flashed in front of his eyes, and the strong white man only felt his cheeks go cold.

Boom!

There was a muffled sound behind him, followed by the scream of her boyfriend.

The strong man turned his head in a panic. Not far behind him, his boyfriend's right hand was pierced by a sharp short knife, and then nailed to the wall.

Only at this moment did the strong man feel warmth on his cheeks. He stretched out his hand to touch it, and the whole palm was covered with bright red blood.

"Who wants to try?"

Roger pulled out the knife on the table, his indifferent eyes swept over the others.

12