Chapter 78. Open
225 2 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hoo...

Roger heaved a sigh of relief and sheathed his sword.

His whole body was drenched in sweat, he maintained his final posture, he didn't even dare to move, the exercise just now had exhausted every trace of his strength.

But the practice in the past few days has also greatly improved his own strength.

[ Elven Short Sword Technique LV3: The agility of the elves is integrated into the muscles, and your skills in short knives are outstanding, dexterous, and quick, and gain a bonus in reaction speed.

Faster, faster.

This is the essence of the elf short knife technique! ]

[ General swordsmanship lv3: Your physical fitness has been fully developed, and your explosive endurance has far exceeded that of normal humans!
With intense concentration, your bursts can last longer, be more focused, and achieve exceptional precision at the same time. ]

Explosiveness and precision, these are the special power-generating skills that Roger learned from general swordsmanship after his physical fitness has improved significantly.

In addition, the two skills reached level 3 at the same time, and indeed, as Roger expected, a new information prompt appeared on the notice board.

[ Young trainee hunter, your physical fitness has barely reached the standard for starting The Trial of Grasses. After passing the trial, you will completely transform and step into the extraordinary!

Please keep in mind that a strong body and a tenacious spirit are the most basic guarantees for passing the Trial of Grasses.

Careful, there is no shame in being afraid. ]

"Is it just meeting the most basic standards?"

Roger frowned, clenched his fists slightly, and a terrifying power surged from his body. Now, just looking at his physical fitness, he has already left a long way behind ordinary people.

But even that doesn't seem to be enough.

Transcendence, that is a whole new realm.

Breaking the theoretical limit of the human body, a qualitative leap, and all-round evolution, and the trial of grasses is even more extreme!

After a short rest, Roger came to the study staggeringly. He pulled out the training manual, and the content on it was indeed updated.

[ The Trial of Grasses: The only way to become a true witcher. From muscles to bones and internal organs, the terrible potion will completely destroy the body and rebuild it.
In the process, you will gain super physical and sensory abilities, and have the opportunity to open the first seal!

*The Trial of Grasses has the following stages.

*Strengthening: Before starting the complete transformation, trainees need to continuously push their physical fitness to the limit of the human body, and polish their spirits to have a will of steel. ]

Below, there are detailed cultivation methods recorded, but at this moment, Roger was in a trance, and the words on the book scattered like bubbles, no matter how hard he tried, he couldn't distinguish them.

"What happened?"

There was a stabbing pain in his brain, he shook his head, the dizziness still existed.

A hint of enlightenment rose in my heart, "Is it the spirit? My spiritual power is not up to the minimum standard, so I can't carry out the follow-up practice."

He concentrated his mind and looked at the book again. Sure enough, the previous text was extremely clear, but it involved specific cultivation methods, and the dizziness reappeared.

"It's a kind of self-preservation."

Compared with the previous situation, Roger quickly came to a conclusion that the next stage of cultivation must be extremely dangerous, even potentially fatal, that's why the cultivation manual has protection in this regard.

My current physical fitness should barely meet the standard, but my spirit is not as good.

Roger originally thought that with his physical fitness, he should be able to pass the Trial of Grasses quickly, but looking at it now, he thought the Trial of Grasses was a bit too simple.

"That's fine, it's better than dying rashly."

In addition to the specific trial methods, there is also a set of sword skills for fighting in the training manual.

[ Night Cat Swordsmanship: This is a set of basic swordsmanship from the cat school. It is light and changeable, and it seeks opportunities in fast movement, and does not require high physical fitness.

"Marvelous!"

With the steel sword in his hand and a set of fierce swordsmanship, Roger thought about it carefully, and felt more and more like a real witcher.

His body was so sore, it was naturally not suitable for any exercise at this time, so he put away his things and climbed into his little bed.

"I hope the hunter's hut can be upgraded as soon as possible, 6 hours of rest at a time is still too long..."

In a daze, Roger fell asleep. In his dream, he held a steel sword and killed all directions. Of course, more importantly, there were fine wine and women after killing the enemy...

When he woke up, it was already westward.

Roger did not continue to practice. He has been practicing without sleep and food for the past few days. His mind and body are almost at the limit. He has just completed a stage and can relax a little.

After simply packing up, he put on his backpack and returned home.

"You and Thomas have been studying the habits of wild animals for the past few days. How is it? Have you learned anything?"

Andrine was taking a break after changing shifts, and asked with concern when she saw Roger enter the room.

"It's not bad." Although Thomas has some... But his knowledge of wild animals is indeed extremely deep, and Roger has learned a lot from him.

"Let's take a good rest today. There will be a grand bonfire party in the central square of the town tonight. It's a good time to attend."

"This kind of event only happens once a year."

After thinking about it for a while, Roger didn't refuse. After dinner, Andrine brought all the children to the central square of the town.

The square was crowded with residents and tourists wearing Murloc masks, singing, and dancing. At this time, people took off all their disguises and enjoyed themselves to the fullest.

Roger was dragged into the crowd by Andrine, he had no choice but to dance along with the crowd, but at this moment, a girl in a light blue dress beside her staggered and fell headlong into Roger's arms.

"Are you OK?"

"I'm sorry, I was... Huh?"

"Roger?"

A fair-skinned, dark-haired girl looked up at Roger with surprise.

"You know me?"

"Our chemistry class is together, and you sit next to me."

The girl stretched out her white palm, "My name is Kelly, you should remember it now, right?"

Roger smiled awkwardly, he really had no impression of the girl in front of him.

"It's a bit noisy in here, can we go and talk?" Kelly suggested.

Roger really didn't like this environment too much, nodded, and left the crowd with Kelly.

Not far away, Andrine didn't say anything when she saw this scene, but just gently poked Amanda's shoulder.

"You have to hurry up, it seems that Roger is very popular with girls."

Amanda curled her lips in disdain, "What does this have to do with me?" Even though she said so, the corner of her eyes drifted to the other side unnaturally.

After returning from the swamp town, Amanda has been restless. What happened that day haunted her like a nightmare, and she didn't even have a person to talk to.

"It's very late, can you take me home?" At the end, Kelly sent an invitation to Roger.

"To be honest, my parents are not at home, so I'm a little scared by myself..." As she spoke, she stared straight at Roger with her lively eyes.

How could Roger not understand the girl's obvious hint?

He smiled and said without hesitation.

"Can't."

11