Chapter 79. Disguise and Invitation
227 0 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Why?"

Kelly's smile froze on her face, and she even exclaimed subconsciously.

Roger smiled, "Don't get me wrong, you are a very good girl, it's just that I am a little inconvenient today..."

Are you inconvenient?

Roger could see the burning anger in the girl's eyes, but he didn't say anything, smiled apologetically, turned and left.

Kelly stood there with a livid face. At this time, a black brother hiding behind the tree seemed to have been listening to the conversation between Roger and Kelly. He brushed his hair and walked over pretending to be chic.

"Roll!!"

Before he could speak, Kelly roared angrily, stepped on her high heels, and left angrily.

Not far away, Kelly's phone rang and answered, "I only saw you leaving alone, where is Roger?"

"He rejected me..." Kelly smiled wryly.

"Nick, I know Roger made you lose face at school, but it's over and you don't have to..."

"Shut up!" Came a growl from the opposite side.

"Help me humiliate him, and I'll give you back those photos of you, otherwise you'll just wait to become a celebrity in Bay Town."

"When the time comes, even your neighbors or strangers on the pier will do nasty things with your photos in the streets and alleys."

"You better think about it!"

Nick Senran's voice came from the phone.

Kelly couldn't help shivering, her face showed a trace of panic, "Don't... please, I promise you, give me one more chance, next time, I will definitely ask him out!"

"Very well, remember you only have one chance."

After speaking, he hung up the phone.

Hearing the blind tone from the phone, Kelly cried with her head in her arms.

The bonfire party will last all night, but Andrine still has work the next day, and Roger is not very interested in this kind of thing. After playing for a while, everyone returned home together.

Roger sat quietly on the floor, breathing evenly, and his brain gradually became ethereal.

He doesn't appear many times in school, and he doesn't conform to the mainstream aesthetics of Western girls. Although he focuses on his own affairs, he doesn't ignore the people around him.

He had never seen that girl named Kelly before. Thinking of the figure that Anna showed him not long ago, Roger had some guesses in his mind.

"I'd like to see what you plan to do."

There was nothing to say all night, and time passed rapidly in the practice.

After breakfast the next morning, Roger went out alone.

Paine Instruments.

After looking at the plaque at the door, Roger pushed the door open and entered.

"Is there anything I can do to help you?"

The owner was a middle-aged man with a bushy beard, and asked kindly.

"I'll take a look."

Roger looked around.

"I can help you choose what musical instrument you want to choose. This store has been in Bay Town for 20 years, and everyone who comes here is full of praise for it."

Roger's eyes quickly swept across the various musical instruments placed on the wall, and finally, he pointed to one of them, "What is that?"

"Oh...it's the oboe."

The middle-aged shopkeeper took off the instrument, "It is an excellent solo instrument, and it often serves as the main theme in the band."

He glanced at Roger, and he didn't even know the basic musical instruments. The young man in front of him was obviously a layman.

"Shall I play it for you? It blows beautifully, with a nasal reed in its tone, but it's also a difficult instrument to master."

"If you are a beginner, I don't recommend you to choose it."

The owner seemed very patient.

"No need, just let it be."

Roger took out his wallet without any hesitation, "How much?"

Such a happy customer makes the shop owner at a loss. Although he is a businessman, he thinks that he is a lover of art in his bones.

"Don't you need to find out?"

"No, no need."

Roger shook his head.

"I've figured it out. It's long enough."

The box that holds it is big enough for my steel sword, Roger added silently in his mind.

"Long enough?"

The middle-aged shopkeeper blinked, and looked at the boy in front of him with a dazed expression. Since when did length become the criterion for choosing a musical instrument!?

He looked at Roger and said earnestly, "Young man, many things are not as long as possible, the key is to fit."

Snapped!

Roger slapped the note on the table.

"Just choose it. The most important thing is that I need a box that can fully accommodate this length."

The oboe that Roger is looking at is more than 80 centimeters long. Normally, this instrument can be disassembled and assembled, but what Roger needs is its length.

This will make it easier for him to disguise. A person who carries a steel sword every day will definitely be regarded as a lunatic, but if he is replaced by a musical instrument, it will not be so conspicuous.

Half an hour later, Roger left the musical instrument store happily carrying his oboe on his back. But as soon as he reached the door, he saw a figure approaching him.

Kelly.

"Roger?"

Kelly said with a look of surprise, "Why are you here?" She looked at the musical instrument case on Roger's back.

"Didn't realize you were a musician."

"It's just a hobby," Roger said boldly.

"In fact, I also learned an instrument for a while."

Her fiery gaze swept over Roger somewhere. "It's the flute. It's the only instrument I'm good at."

Kelly took a step forward.

"There's a party the day after tomorrow. We're looking for an excellent performer. Do you have time? Maybe we can chat by the way."

Before Roger could speak, she continued, "A gentleman won't refuse the same lady twice."

Roger smiled, "Time and place."

Kelly took out her mobile phone, "There is only a preliminary plan now, and the specific time has not been set yet. Give me your phone number, and I will notify you later."

"Okay." Roger nodded.

"I hope this time, your body is very convenient!" Kelly said with a pun, then waved her hand and turned to leave.

"I'm ready, this time I want to see what tricks you guys are going to play," Roger muttered in a low voice, and returned home with the instrument on his back.

Next, he needs to make some modifications to the instrument box, trying to hide the steel sword perfectly and make it easy to take.

For Roger's new hobby, Andrine naturally fully supports it. In her opinion, boys need to be more confident, brave, and versatile. This is the common standard for Western girls to choose a mate.

It didn't take long for Kelly to notify Roger of the specific time. During the phone call, she was extremely provocative. An ordinary boy might not be able to restrain the hormones in his body long ago.

But the more she behaved like this, the calmer Roger became.

During the waiting process, he did not idle and continued to practice.

Time passed, and soon it was the evening of the party day.

13