Chapter 92. Clues
204 0 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Roger flipped through the information in his hand.

"You didn't say that before."

Danielle rolled her eyes nonchalantly, "Then what do you want me to say?"

"Tell them Judd drowned with cramping while doing that thing with me?"

"That's going to get me in big trouble."

Roger narrowed his eyes slightly.

"But now you're telling the truth."

In fact, he couldn't even tell if what the girl in front of him was saying was true or not.

"You're not like them."

An appropriate strangeness flashed across Danielle's eyes.

"Those guys just want to close the case quickly. I know what kind of answer they want to hear, but you don't. If I lied, I'm afraid it will make you suspicious."

"I don't want to get in trouble. Judd's death was an accident, and I'm sorry."

"Hehe."

What happened in the room just now, Roger didn't see that the girl had any regrets.

After carefully inquiring about the specific time and details, and after confirming that there were no omissions, Roger left Danielle's contact information, then turned and left.

Before he could go far, the sound of fierce fighting came from the room again.

Roger frowned. He always felt that something was wrong, but he couldn't tell for a while.

"Judd's death was an accident. That Allen either drank alcohol or smoked something. Most of them were also accidents. As for the fourth deceased, Jonathan."

"Although his method of death seems to be the closest to a supernatural event, the legend about Crystal Lake is full of loopholes. This kind of thing that often seems the most abnormal is actually quite normal."

Roger drove away from Daniel's house. Instead of returning to the town, he drove deep into the swamp.

Of the four dead, the least information is available on the second, Travis.

He is a black man who lives far away from the center of the town where black people gather. When the detectives from the town center police station went to investigate, Travis's family did not cooperate at all.

It seems that there was not much reaction to Travis' death. After several negotiations with no results, Travis' death was classified as an accident. After his family signed the document, the case was hastily closed.

What Roger is going to now is Travis's home.

To be honest, facing such a small gathering place that is extremely xenophobic, he also has a headache. He doesn't even know whether the certificate in his hand can be used.

The weather in Marsh Town today is not bad. Although the clouds are thicker, at least the sun can be seen.

Roger's car drove into the gathering place, and he drove very slowly. Along the way, he could clearly feel the eyes of the residents of the gathering place on his foreign vehicle.

After parking the car, Roger pressed the doorbell.

There were footsteps in the room, and not long after, a middle-aged woman's indifferent voice came.

"I do not know you. People like you are not welcome here!"

Roger took out his ID and identified himself according to the procedure.

After a while, the door opened, and a fat middle-aged woman stood at the door, scrutinizing Roger.

After repeated confirmation, Roger was let into the house.

"What can be said, I have already said, what else do you want to ask?"

The woman's attitude can no longer be described as cold.

It felt as if Roger's arrival had broken a certain peace.

Looking quickly across the room, Roger forced a smile on his face, "No need, just treat this as a conversation between friends."

"Friend?" The middle-aged woman was still sullen.

"Yes."

Roger nodded.

"My colleague's daughter is very good friends with a girl who lives here. She came here as a guest more than a week ago."

Roger has heard a few words from Amanda, knowing that Betty lives here, and he has no other choice now, but can only try his best to maintain relations.

"The girl with the red hair?"

The middle-aged woman was stunned for a moment, and the expression on her face was slightly relaxed. There were very few outsiders here, and even fewer white people.

Betty used to take Amanda around, and with her signature red hair, she left a lot of impressions.

"You still remember her."

Roger's eyes lit up.

"That friend of hers is called Betty, you know that?"

"Betty?"

Hearing this name, the expression on the middle-aged woman's face suddenly changed, and the frost on her face instantly disintegrated.

"Are you her friends?"

Hearing Roger call out Betty's name, the woman's attitude changed drastically.

"So I said it was just a conversation between friends."

Roger hits snakes with sticks.

"There is nothing to investigate about Travis. The prophet gave me revelations, and Travis has returned to the embrace of God. That is his best home."

Speaking of her son's death, the middle-aged woman smiled.

This strange state made Roger startled.

There was a photo hanging on the wall near the living room. Roger picked up the photo and exclaimed, "What a handsome boy."

The woman nodded, "Travis has always been excellent, whether in terms of grades or other aspects, that's why he was selected."

There was no trace of sadness in her tone, and Roger didn't even know what tone he should use to continue the conversation.

"Now that I think about it, before Travis died, he must have received some inspiration. For a while, he seemed to be very excited and a little nervous."

The middle-aged woman said suddenly.

"When did that happen?" Roger asked.

"For a while, not long before he died, I thought it was because he had a girlfriend."

The woman laughed at herself, "Thinking about it now, it's really superficial. He should have been summoned."

"Did he have a girlfriend at the time?"

The middle-aged woman nodded.

"A girl named Danielle."

"I only found out by secretly looking at his mobile phone."

"Danielle?"

Roger was slightly taken aback.

"When was that?"

The middle-aged woman looked puzzled.

"A month ago."

Roger quickly calculated the time.

"At that time, Judd was still alive. If it wasn't for the same name, then this Danielle was on two places at the same time!"

Roger had a headache.

"Is this really an ordinary accident, or a murder of love?"

But looking at the strange expression on the woman's face, Roger couldn't even tell if the woman was insane, or if she was really calm about his son's death.

"This Danielle really has a problem."

At this point, Roger didn't even know whether he should continue, he still remembered the words Henrik told him.

"We are witchers, not police."

Rubbed his forehead.

"Continue to investigate, maybe there is still an unknown truth hidden in it."

Roger sighed. If it ended in such a hasty manner, the task of the Hunter's Guild might not be completed.

14