Chapter 99. The Swamp Monster
204 0 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Although the temperature in the swamp dropped a bit at night, it was still a bit muggy. After dragging the ugly water ghost to the shore, Roger carefully looked around.

Then he drew out the dagger, took off some parts of the water ghost, put them away, Roger found a few stones from the shore, and stuffed them along the broken stomach of the water ghost.

Finally, the body was sunk to the bottom of the lake.

After doing all this, he sheathed his sword and walked towards the light in the distance.

The surroundings were pitch black, and Roger didn't know where he was dragged by the water ghost along the way, so he had to find a way to get back to Danielle's home as soon as possible.

If it was too late, the woman would probably run away.

But to be honest, Roger really didn't know how he should face her, maybe the subconscious slap on the back of her head just now had exposed his thoughts.

Draining the water in the boots, Roger walked all the way, the light in the distance seemed very close, but this time, the distance was a bit far.

Before he got close, there were bursts of strange reading sounds, and Roger was slightly taken aback. He suddenly remembered the strange text he heard his mother recite at Travis's home yesterday.

"Sounds the same."

Through the bushes, Roger saw a group of people.

"Huh?"

He remember that when he left Travis's house, there was a group of people walking into the depths of the swamp.

"Could it be those guys?"

"What are they doing out in the woods so late?"

In that enclave, the blacks living all had tribal ancestry, and Roger had no other ideas about these traditions.

However, the magic circle in Travis's home, his rotten corpse, and the prophet mentioned by Travis' mother gave Roger some bad premonitions.

He subconsciously lightened his steps and slowly leaned forward.

A group of people held torches, illuminating an open space like daytime.

The person kneeling on the ground was wearing clothes made of black feathers, his face was painted with oil paint, and his expression was blank.

In the dark woods, this scene does look a little weird.

Moving his gaze slightly, Roger noticed two figures standing in the middle of the crowd, and his pupils shrank slightly.

A familiar face came into view.

"Betty?!"

"Why is she?"

Reminiscent of the series of changes after Amanda returned to Bay Town, Roger had some vague guesses.

"She must have seen something here."

Seeing the situation in front of him, if someone told Roger that this group of people was just having a parade, Roger would definitely spit on him without hesitation.

I also learned some knowledge from Henrik. The formation in front of me is a typical voodoo ritual.

It is more than a star and a half stronger than the one that Hunnam used to display.

The crowd's chanting became louder and louder, and all the syllables came together. When it reached its peak, everyone scratched their palms with daggers at the same time.

He pressed his blood-stained palm to the ground.

It was only then that Roger noticed that on the ground where they were kneeling was a large group of tangled vines.

The middle-aged woman standing beside Betty opened her hands, her eyes turned pale, and she was chanting something, as if she was getting in touch with a certain existence.

Betty fell to her knees.

On the palm of her hand is a heart that is close to decay.

"Return to the spirit!"

Betty shouted, and then there was a scene that surprised Roger.

A floating spirit body emerged from the heart. Although it was a little far away, Roger could still identify the other party's identity at a glance.

"Travis!"

"Is that woman the so-called prophet? What are they going to do with Travis' soul?"

A black mist appeared out of thin air and pressed Travis' soul into the heart, and then Betty opened her mouth.

Swallow that rotten heart mouthful!

Her face was covered with thick veins, and her pupils were white. This lively young girl who once seemed full of youthfulness now looks like a ghost crawling out of hell.

The chanting stopped, and the vines on the ground seemed to have life, and the tiny branches inserted into the wrists of the kneeling people around them.

The blood dyed the green plants red, and some people around had fainted due to excessive blood loss.

At this moment, Betty, who had eaten the whole heart, suddenly changed her face, her abdomen swelled, and the crumbs of the heart she had just eaten violently vomited out.

The scene looked extremely intrusive.

It was as if a person had vomited out his internal organs alive.

Heart fragments spewed out blood and fell to the ground, but they condensed into a small man the size of a skull.

Immediately afterwards, the minced meat shrank inward as if it had life.

The next moment, all the vines twisted and converged, wrapping the blood-colored villain layer by layer.

Chi Chi Chi!

A monster nearly two meters tall and made entirely of green vines climbed up from the ground!

His appearance is close to that of a human, but his feet are like big trees, rooted in the ground, and his arms are extremely long.

At the tip are vines like poisonous snakes.

"Finally succeeded!"

The middle-aged woman let out a sigh of relief, her body swayed slightly, and she almost fell to the ground.

"We didn't have to make it so complicated."

She "looked" at Betty, "It's all because of your choice."

"Now that you have it following you, even though you have just started to practice, you are enough to deal with creatures below the Transcendence."

"Travis was handpicked by us, it's a pity he died a little early, otherwise he should have been your best mate."

Betty's complexion had returned to normal, she didn't speak, but stepped forward and touched the green monster.

"It will become your most loyal servant. And grow stronger as you grow stronger."

"Your sacrifice has been answered, go to Bay Town, the divination has given us information, there will be our hope of rising."

"If the so-called Holy Son is discovered, can I and it subdue each other?"

Betty asked.

"No problem, the energy fluctuations that give me back are very weak. This is a weak existence, but it is also our opportunity."

"Things are often not absolute, and sometimes there are big secrets hidden in some seemingly weak beings."

"Finding it may help you achieve extraordinary things."

"With a real witch, our identities are recognized and then incorporated into this reshuffling."

"The rise of the Horde falls upon you!"

Betty turned her head and looked at the group of people kneeling on the ground, she couldn't help clenching her fists.

This wasn't the life she wanted, but she had no other options right now.

At this moment, the green monster's feet were pulled out from the ground, and the ceremony was completely completed.

"You can't fully control it yet, connect with it with your blood, and try to control it."

Betty nodded, scratched between her eyebrows with her nails, and a little blood fell on her fingers.

Spot the blood on the monster's forehead.

But at this moment, the green monster, which had been silent for a long time, suddenly turned around, facing a certain direction in the bushes and let out a roar!

15