Chapter 117. A Special Soul
207 0 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Roger was about to explain something, but the moment he tightened his body, the red-haired girl threw herself into his arms.

"Thank you Roger!"

From the beginning of the ceremony, Amanda regained her body awareness and even became more sensitive than before. She clearly heard all the sounds around her.

She also understands what happened, and she knows that if there is no Roger, at this time, she may have been taken out of her life and turned into a corpse.

"Should I also hug her back?"

Just when Roger was hesitating, the girl suddenly left his arms, stood up, and walked to the other side of the room.

There, Betty was lying stiffly on the ground with blank eyes.

"Betty..."

"Amanda..."

The two girls were relatively speechless.

Amanda didn't cry and question hysterically. After going through so many things, she clearly understood one thing.

A person often cannot choose a thing exactly according to his own preferences.

"Just kill me."

Betty said suddenly, "The ceremony is over, I feel that my vitality is being lost, I will age rapidly, and leave this world in an ugly appearance."

"Maybe……"

Betty shook her head.

"Everything is a conspiracy, there is no so-called rise, there is no so-called descending of the Holy Son, all of this is the vicious plan carried out by that woman to accomplish her own goals."

"But we actually believed her, and the whole tribe believed her!"

Betty burst into tears.

"I only know now that what my mother said is true!"

"Mother?"

Amanda looked surprised, and only then did she remember what Betty had called that woman.

"As a tradition, the chosen children of the tribe will call the prophet mother."

"And my real mother..."

"Because she once resisted the prophet, the woman used an evil ritual to transfer her soul into an animal."

Hearing this, Amanda suddenly remembered something, and her body trembled slightly.

"It's...that doe?!"

Betty nodded painfully.

Amanda clearly remembered the tears that flowed from the corners of the doe's eyes during the ceremony.

She thought it was the sorrow of an animal before death, but now that she thought about it, it should be a mother's despair about her daughter's future.

Perhaps demagoguery is also one of that woman's abilities.

At this moment, there was a loud noise at the door, and Henrik and Peter finally cleared the obstacles and walked into the room.

"It's really over."

Henrik looked at the ashes on the ground and heaved a sigh of relief.

"Is that girl okay?"

Roger nodded, "It shouldn't be a big deal." He was a little uneasy, so he briefly recounted the matter.

"Blood awakening?"

"It's similar but not the same, or because of the special nature of the ceremony, she absorbed the life essence of another girl, so some unknown changes occurred?"

Henrik glanced at Amanda, "I'm not an expert in this area, in order to avoid hidden dangers, I can ask someone to ask for you."

"In addition, you should always pay attention to her changes."

"All right."

Roger didn't know much about spells and mysterious rituals. Although Amanda had shown something special before, today's outburst was still amazing.

The energy was so powerful that it seemed completely out of Amanda's control.

"You said earlier that this woman is not the prophet of the gathering place, so who is she?"

Roger asked, pointing to the ashes on the ground.

"That happened many years ago, and I only learned about it when I checked internal information. This woman's name is Mansu, and she was in the same era as the current voodoo queen."

"In the eyes of real spellcasters, the status of voodoo is not high. Some of them are inherited from ancient tribes, and some are regarded as a branch of black witchcraft. However, compared with the real black witchcraft, their power and promotion channels are too far apart, so voodoo is neither recognized by those who practice black witchcraft, nor favored by mainstream spellcasters."

"The position is naturally a bit embarrassing. However, this Mansu obtained some real inheritance of black witchcraft from somewhere, and combined it with voodoo."

"At that time, she was very strong, and she entered the Transcendence Realm at a young age. In the world of witches, a witch who entered the Transcendence Realm is called the Waxing Moon Witch."

"She was promoted very quickly. When the Voodoo Queen at the same time had just entered the Waxing Moon Realm, she had already started preparing to enter the New Moon Witch."

"But later, something happened. She secretly used evil witchcraft to kill many people. After the incident was exposed, she was besieged. At that time, everyone thought she was dead, but now it seems that the corpse she left at the scene should be regarded as a means."

"It's just that what this woman broke off was her entire body."

Henrik sighed, "What a terrible guy, with only one head left, and still so difficult to deal with."

"By the way, where's the other girl?"

Henrik asked suddenly.

"Here she is..."

Roger turned his head, but stopped mid-sentence.

Betty was half lying on the edge of the stone platform, holding a sharp fragment in her hand. Her throat was cut open, but strangely, not a single drop of blood flowed out.

This method of death is very similar to that doe back then. Perhaps the repentant Betty used this method to atone for her sins.

Amanda straightened Betty's body and slowly helped her put on the clothes scattered on the ground.

"Will she be forgiven by her mother?"

Roger was silent for a moment, then nodded.

This is a girl at the mercy of others.

Mansu is hateful while she is pathetic.

Henrik seemed to know what happened, he didn't go forward, "This is the best result, Mansu's ceremony has almost no flaws, if it is not a coincidence..."

To be honest, he was also very surprised that Roger was able to save Amanda.

"Pack up, we're getting out of here."

Henrik looked sad.

"With so many people dead, we're in big trouble now."

At this moment, Peter, who was cleaning the battlefield outside, uttered a small sigh.

"What's wrong?"

Roger walked over quickly. In the battle just now, if Peter hadn't stepped forward to help him restrain the giant snake, Amanda might have become a corpse by the time Roger arrived.

Roger walked to the corner near the door, where a gray snake's head lay on the ground.

Above the snake's head was a looming black mist.

"Interesting. What is that?"

"The soul of a snake. Very rare."

Roger thought, "Is there any way to collect it, I should be able to use it."

Peter just thought for a moment and then nodded, "Okay, let me try."

12