Chapter 119. Confession? Concealment?
208 0 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

By the time everyone came out of the swamp, it was already evening.

The body was still lying on the ground, surrounded by a large group of policemen, and when this happened, the police force in the entire Marsh Town was alarmed.

Seeing the crowd coming out of the woods, all the police officers drew their guns at the same time.

Henrik raised his hand and went forward to negotiate with the police officers in Marsh Town. He didn't know what he said, but the police officers in Marsh Town were not embarrassing them.

Henrik and Peter had to stay here to deal with the follow-up matters, so naturally they couldn't go back with Roger.

After parting, Roger took Amanda and drove to Bay Town.

"What happened today..."

The two spoke at the same time.

"Thank you for everything you have done for me."

Then Amanda seemed to think of something.

"Of course including that."

"That thing? Which thing?"

Roger was taken aback for a moment, but he immediately understood something when he saw the girl's slightly red face.

"Haha, nothing."

Roger said subconsciously: "This is what I should do."

"Well……"

He immediately realized the ambiguity in the words and helped shut his mouth.

The atmosphere in the car suddenly became a little ambiguous.

Amanda leaned back in her seat and changed the subject, "So...is this your little secret all along?"

She glanced at Roger, "Looking at the little tricks we played in the cave before, did you already burst into laughter in your heart?"

After thinking about it for a while, Roger recounted the incident to Amanda. Now Amanda has half a foot into the extraordinary world. Under such circumstances, there is no need to hide many things from her.

After hearing Roger's words, Amanda looked shocked, "Bob, Sherman..."

"Is the world we live in so complicated?"

Just then Roger's cell phone rang.

Andrine.

Roger had a headache, and Andrine must have found out that Amanda didn't go to school, so that's why she called.

He turned on his phone, only to find a series of missed calls on it.

He glanced at Amanda.

"What should we say?"

…………

As night fell, Roger drove the car and parked slowly in the open space in front of Andrine's house.

Before he could open the car door, Andrine rushed up with tears all over her face.

She hugged Amanda and looked at her daughter carefully, "Where is the injury?"

Tears couldn't stop streaming down as she spoke.

It was not until a while later that her mood stabilized.

Looking at Roger who got off the car, Andrine also gave him a hug.

"Thank you child!"

"Losing Amanda, I really don't know how I'm going to face life in the future."

"This is the second time. You saved Amanda and this family at the same time."

"Actually I didn't do anything."

Roger comforts Andrine.

"I just found some abnormalities, followed all the way, and then notified the police."

"This is already amazing!"

Andrine said.

Betty and the others took Amanda away, but left behind a pile of books. Recently, Andrine had more time, and Amanda would go home for dinner at noon.

After waiting for a long time but not seeing her daughter, Andrine hurriedly called to inquire, but no one knew where Amanda had gone.

She was completely panicked at this moment, and she followed Amanda's usual route home to search, and finally found the books scattered in the ground.

Realizing that something had happened, Andrine expanded her search until a student told her she had seen Amanda get into a white pickup truck.

Roger has already communicated with Henrik. Such a big thing happened in Marsh Town, and many people died. There must be no way to simply resolve it.

So they decided to publicize the Prophet and others as a cult organization, and Betty was bewitched by them to hold Amanda hostage.

As for the truth.

Amanda didn't want to hide it from her mother.

But Henrik told her that what you have shown on your body is no longer something that can be explained clearly by ordinary ritual issues.

Because of these characteristics, even if you don't want to, you will definitely enter the extraordinary world.

Tell your loved ones to live in constant fear?

Amanda was silent.

Although she still hesitated and felt that she should be honest with her mother, on the other hand, she agreed with Henrik's opinion.

Henrik told Amanda that he had been a witcher for a long time and had seen too many similar things.

Confess or hide. It's a problem for everyone in it.

"There is no perfect answer to this. You can hide it first, and then make a decision after you really think it through."

Roger said at last.

Amanda thought for a while and agreed with Roger's opinion.

So there was this scene before.

After running around for a long time, both of them were a little tired, and Andrine had been in fear all day long.

After eating something hastily, everyone went upstairs to rest. Roger hid it well, not letting Andrine notice his injuries.

After fighting all day, Roger naturally didn't plan to continue practicing at night, but when he was about to go to sleep, there was a soft knock at the door.

The red-haired girl stood at the door pretty, "I'm a little... scared."

"Can you stay with me?"

After this incident, the relationship between the two has become much closer invisibly. Roger did not refuse and let the girl into his room.

Amanda seemed to be in high spirits, and she kept talking, talking about her family from her childhood.

Talking about the conflicts between her parents, talking about her father who was obsessed with mysterious things.

And...the bits and pieces since she and Betty met.

Roger didn't interrupt, just listened quietly.

Gradually, Amanda's eyelids became heavier and heavier, and finally fell into a deep sleep.

Looking at the girl's fair face, Roger put a pillow on her, and then quietly exited the room.

There is ample time.

Roger went downstairs to the living room, lay down on the sofa and fell asleep.

The next morning, Amanda woke up earlier than ever before. She sat up and realized that this was not her room.

"This guy……"

When she pushed the door open, she happened to see Andrine who had just woken up. She panicked and was about to explain something, but she saw Andrine make a silent gesture at her.

Looking in the direction Andrine pointed, Roger was sleeping soundly on the sofa in the living room.

"I've asked you for a vacation. It's only a few days before the summer vacation. Take a good rest. You both have time, so maybe you can go out together."

The meaning of Andrine's expression is already very obvious.

She is a policeman, and she knows that similar things will leave indelible psychological trauma to the person involved, and what a mother can do is to let her children forget this unpleasant experience as soon as possible.

Amanda might be very happy if she didn't have to go to school in the past, but after what happened yesterday, she feels a little heavy at this moment.

In her eyes, the world has never been the same again.

12