Chapter 135. Doubt
199 0 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Is it underground?"

Roger guessed.

But this time Henrik didn't respond to him, but took Roger to the back of the police station.

He and Peter took out their badges and put them on their chests, "Leave the weapons in the car. You are not a witcher from the Hunter's Guild, so you can't enter here with weapons."

Roger hesitated and followed Henrik's instructions.

Henrik was right behind the former Roger, while Peter was at the rear.

"Let's go."

Following the bustling crowd, the three walked into the side door of the police station, but what they saw when they opened the door made Roger slightly taken aback.

Without the familiar flow of people and facilities, what appeared in front of Roger was a quaint hall decorated with solid wood.

The space is very open. A chandelier with a diameter of 10 meters hangs on the ceiling. The place where they entered is an open space. There is an information desk on the right hand side, and further forward, there is an upward staircase.

Looking back, through the glass is the road across the street and a fast food restaurant. Although this is the first time I have come here, if Roger remembers correctly...

Coming in from the side should be the police station...

"Haha, no need to check again."

Henrik interrupted Roger's thoughts.

"This is not the police station you saw, but another place."

A flash of inspiration flashed in his mind, and a word blurted out.

"Different space?"

"Yes, and no." Peter on the side said.

"It's okay if you think of it as a separate space, but if you get in touch with it more in the future, you should have a deeper understanding."

Peter explained a few words.

"If you put the exit in such a conspicuous place, you won't be afraid of being discovered by ordinary people or breaking in by mistake?"

Roger asked curiously.

"Will not."

Henrik tapped his badge, "Peter and I activated the badge at the same time to successfully bring you here."

"In addition, I also reported it to the higher-ups in advance, otherwise, even if you really broke in by mistake, you will be brought back to the original world the moment you step here."

"Come on, do the registration, let's go upstairs."

As he said that, Henrik took Roger and walked to the information desk on the other side.

There were not many people in the entire hall, and the few that Roger occasionally saw were people with sharp eyes and serious faces.

These people should all be witchers belonging to the Hunters Guild like Henrik.

"Sir, I must remind you again that you are not allowed to carry any weapons on your body..."

The female receptionist at the information desk swept her eyes over Roger, as if she was checking something.

Henrik filled in some simple information, and led Roger up the stairs.

The whole building is arc-shaped, with an exaggerated chandelier in the middle, and the three of them followed the stairs to a room on the fourth floor.

He knocked on the door, but when Henrik was about to follow in, he was stopped by the staff on the side.

"Mr. Henrik, this inquiry session is held solely for Mr. Roger. Please wait outside."

Henrik froze for a moment, apparently, he didn't know about this beforehand, and he gave Roger a relaxed look.

"We're waiting for you outside, just going through a process."

"OK."

Roger didn't think too much, and followed the staff into the room.

The decoration of the room is basically the same as that of the hall outside, with solid wood floors and walls covered with wall coverings. In the middle of the room, there is a long table made of red cedar.

When Roger came in, the three people sitting behind the table raised their heads at the same time, and looked at Roger carefully.

Sitting on the far left is a middle-aged man with a pale complexion and a thin figure. His short black hair is tightly attached to his head, his eyes are very thin, and his pupils are shining brightly.

His lips were slightly pursed. Although his eyes did not fall on Roger, it made people feel a faint chill, which was very uncomfortable.

Sitting in the middle is an old woman with a kind face and gray hair. From the outside, she seems to be not much different from the ordinary women she sees in daily life.

Looking at the woman, the old woman suddenly spoke.

"Roger, you were recommended by Henrik, and I have read your profile."

"Let me introduce myself, I am the head of the Bordeaux Hunter branch, Linda the Dreamer."

"Mr. Dickinson and Ms. Arlo sitting next to me."

"Mr. Dickinson represents the witcher, and Ms. Aurora represents the Voodoo Association. Although she is young, she is the beloved student of the Voodoo Queen."

Roger followed Linda's guiding gaze, and sitting on the other side of her was a black woman with long curly hair.

Different from Betty's beauty, the woman in front of her had many features of local aborigines, with higher cheekbones, the lower part of her cheeks protruding slightly forward, and a golden lip ring on her thick lips.

With Roger's eyesight, the tiny patterns carved on the lip ring can be easily seen.

Could it be a mystery item?

"Next we will officially start the inquiry session, Mr. Roger, you must answer truthfully." Linda looked at Roger.

"If you lied, believe me, it will definitely not escape the perception of a Dreamcaster and the observation of a witcher."

"And I!"

Aurora on the side suddenly interjected.

"Okay, the inquiry will officially begin!"

Next, led by Linda, the three of them began to question Roger, including the cause, process and development of the incident, and the basic process was not much different from Henrik's guess.

After asking repeatedly for more than 10 minutes, just when Roger thought everything was about to end, Dickinson, who had been silent all this time, suddenly said: "The information says that you come from a declining witcher family."

The narrow eyes fixed on Roger.

"Can you tell me which family it is?"

"I have heard about the Witcher families in Bordeaux and the surrounding areas. Is your family the only descendant left?"

"Dickinson!"

Just when Roger didn't know how to respond, Linda on the side suddenly spoke.

"Sorry... I was abrupt."

Dickinson lowered his head and said nothing more.

But at this time, Aurora on the other side suddenly spoke.

"Mr. Roger, after you rushed into the room, the giant python sealed the door with its body, that is to say, during the period before Mansu's death..."

"You're the only one who faced her alone, isn't that right?"

There was a strange light in Aurora's eyes, and Roger's heart trembled slightly, but he still nodded.

"That's right."

"You said you killed her with Henrik's help, just with a sword?"

Aurora's gaze was full of scrutiny, "It's not that I don't believe in your strength, but that you, a witcher with outdated weapons, can kill a witch alone?"

"Even if it's an extremely weak witch."

Before Roger could answer, she asked again.

"Also, apart from that black witch robe, didn't you find anything else on her?"

With a sudden heartbeat, Roger knew that this question should be the key to this inquiry meeting!

11