Chapter 139. The Missing Demon Hunter
199 0 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Henrik's words made Roger realize that everything he is in contact with now is probably just the appearance of this world.

And what did he mean by the unknown area?

According to Henrik, on the one hand, he brought Roger here because he hoped that Roger would come into contact with the life of a real witcher, and on the other hand, he also wanted to wait for someone here.

So from the afternoon until the evening, neither of them left the bar, and as time went by, the bar became more and more lively.

Many people saw Henrik, everyone obviously knew him, some people came up to say hello to him, but more, he didn't seem to be very pleasing to the eye.

"What did you do to make people here hate you so much?"

Roger asked with some doubts.

Henryk drank the beer in the glass leisurely, with a hint of nostalgia in his eyes, as if he was remembering something.

"Haha, if you have slept with the female partners of half the men in this room, I think they will not like you."

Wtf!

Looking at Henrik's triumphant look, Roger really regretted that he had helped him out just now.

"A scumbag like you deserves to be beaten to death."

"What do you know?"

Henrik sneered.

"This is personal charm. I have never provoked a married woman. Both parties are voluntary."

Henrik's ass wriggled around in the chair, only missing a tail from the back.

At this moment, the door of the bar was opened, and a girl who looked a little thin walked in.

The girl was wearing a linen coat and a pair of light blue jeans. She was not tall, compared to the tallness of Western women, she could even be considered petite.

Light blond hair tied back, no make-up on the face, looking a bit haggard.

Solitary women are rare on this occasion, most of them come in with regular squads or with witcher companions.

The sudden intrusion of this girl has attracted everyone's attention, but, after all, all the people who can come here are witchers, and there are no so-called hooligans who come forward to strike up a conversation.

Everyone just glanced at it a few times, and then went about their business.

The arrival of the girl caught Henrik's attention.

"Ingmar's daughter?"

"According to her character, she rarely lets her daughter come to this kind of place."

At this moment, the girl walked to the bar and seemed to say something to the man in the hat. The man shook his head and rejected her with a solemn expression.

The man in the hat is the owner of the bar. He looks unattractive, but he is an exorcist who has entered the Transcendence realm.

Vincent.

Standing behind him should be a powerful exorcist family.

The girl seemed to say something again, but Vincent nodded in desperation.

He took out a metal stick as thick as chopsticks from under the bar counter, reached out and knocked on an ancient clock on the right side of the bar counter.

Dang Dang Dang Dang Dang!

The crisp sound spread throughout the bar, almost when the bell rang, the originally noisy voices in the bar immediately quieted down.

"Whenever there is a mission, Vincent will remind everyone present in this form."

Henrik explained something to Roger.

At this time Vincent cleared his throat, "There is a temporary mission, and this Ms. Hathaway proposed that after listening to the specific mission information, if anyone is willing to accept the mission, they can find this lady alone."

Vincent reached out his hand for a gesture.

Hathaway clenched her fists and stood nervously in front of the counter.

She seemed to seldom speak on such occasions, her blue eyes were a little timid, and she quickly glanced at everyone in the field, then lowered her head again.

"Let me introduce myself first, I am Ingmar's daughter, Hathaway."

"My mother is a witcher."

"Ingmar?"

Many people nodded thoughtfully. Although the popularity of firearms has increased the number of female witcher hunters, in terms of physical strength and temperament, the number of women who truly become witcher hunters is still very small.

Therefore, most of the witchers who often come to the bar still know something about Ingmar.

"Not long ago, my mother accepted a task, a simple query task, but 5 days have passed, and she still hasn't come back."

"So I want to entrust someone else to help me find her."

Hathaway plucked up her courage and looked up at everyone.

"Simple mission?" Someone in the field frowned.

"Girl, do you understand what it means to issue such a mission?"

"It means that the reward worth the value of the missing target is still double the reward!"

"Because the first failure represents the danger level of the task, if you want other people to participate, you need to pay more than this value."

The man who spoke looked at Hathaway, as if he doubted her financial strength.

"Money or items of equivalent value."

Vincent spoke from the side.

"Tell me about your reward, Miss Hathaway."

"I……"

Hathaway lowered her head again, "I don't have much money, this is all I have in hand."

As she spoke, she opened her handbag and took out a wooden box. The box was opened, and a blue plant was placed in it.

The roots of this plant are pale, with a mass of off-white soil still attached to them, and the blue leaves are very fresh, as if they have just been dug out of the earth.

"Witch grass?"

After seeing the contents in the box, everyone in the field shook their heads.

"This thing is indeed very rare, but it is rarely used, so it is difficult to sell for a good price."

"If it's just this one thing, the value is not enough to make us work hard."

Everyone shook their heads.

Just at this moment, the big man who spoke before glanced at the girl for a few times, and he smiled strangely, "Although the figure is a bit poor, but she is still pretty, if you don't have anything else, you can come and accompany me."

"Hahaha!"

After hearing his words, the others burst into laughter.

"Come on John, she's only a little girl."

Someone made a relief with a smile.

But at this moment, the girl who had always been embarrassed and timid suddenly raised her head.

She stepped forward, staring at the man named John with blue eyes.

"If I can bring my mother back safely, don't say it once, I will promise you even in 10 years!"

As soon as the voice fell, the originally noisy bar suddenly became quiet.

The man named John froze for a moment, then stood up abruptly, the earnestness in the girl's eyes made him flinch a little.

He raised the glass in his hand and drank it down in one gulp.

"I apologize for the joke just now."

"You are a wonderful girl!"

Putting the drained wine glass on the table, the man picked up the hat and put it on his head.

"I'm sorry, but your pay is too low to be worth our risk."

After speaking, he nodded to Vincent, turned and left the bar.

John's words speak for others, and no one wants to take the risk without enough pay.

The girl stood in front of the bar, and the courage she had just mustered up instantly collapsed. She looked around but no one was willing to help.

At this moment, Henrik stood up, "Let's go and have a look."

"Ingmar seems to be having some trouble."

13