Chapter 140. Strange Dream
191 0 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"I'm Henrik, a friend of Ingmar's. Can you talk to me about your mother?"

Henrik walked up to the girl and asked straight to the point.

"Mr. Henrik?"

A hint of surprise flashed in Hathaway's eyes, "I heard my mother mentioned you, she said you..."

Hathaway seemed to think of something, and suddenly closed her mouth.

Roger is already a little surprised by this. To be honest, he is really curious. In the circle of witchers, is there no one who can say good things about Henrik?

After thinking about it, Roger shook his head. Although this guy is reliable, but...

The three returned to the previous table and sat down.

At this time, Hathaway's mood also stabilized, so she recounted what happened.

"You know, every witcher has his own channel for obtaining quests. About a week ago, my mother came back one day and told me that she had received a big job."

"Help a wealthy businessman who is quite influential in the city and solve the problems her daughter encountered."

"Do you remember the name of that rich businessman?"

Henrik asked suddenly.

Hathaway nodded, "There is detailed investigation information on my mother at home. The man's name is William, a real estate tycoon, and his daughter is Veronica, a famous modern girl."

"When faced with such a problem, why didn't that man named William go to the Hunter's Guild?"

Roger asked with some doubts.

Since the other party has the resources to get in touch with the witcher, they should have some understanding of the extraordinary world. Similarly, they should also know the existence of the Hunter's Guild.

"Because the Hunter Guild's jurisdiction is too large and its manpower is extremely limited, to deal with similar problems, it needs to be reported and reviewed layer by layer, and will only start to take action after approval."

"Compared to a demon hunter who acts alone, the timeliness is much worse. If the matter is really urgent, it may be too late when the hunter guild sends experienced hunters to the scene."

Henrik explained.

After hearing his words, Roger remembered that the missions he had accepted before were discovered by the Hunter Guild only after they caused a certain degree of sensation in the local area.

Although the spread of the situation has been curbed, from another perspective, most of the hunters' guilds are resolved afterwards.

At this time, the significance of the existence of the Witcher family can be understood.

Without complicated procedures, they can deal with some upcoming mysterious worlds in time.

Like Hathaway mentioned this time.

"Veronica told her father that for a long time recently, after falling asleep, she would have the same nightmare."

"At the stroke of midnight, she would wake from sleep and find herself in a strange room with vintage decor and an ibex rug on the floor."

"And she herself was lying on a large bed decorated with crystal pendants, wearing a white wedding dress. Although she is in a dream, her brain can remain absolutely awake and can remember everything that happened around her, even every detail, but she cannot control her body and can only observe passively."

"In the beginning, she just regarded it as an ordinary nightmare, but until she woke up one time, she found that the finger she accidentally injured had the same scar on it."

"That aroused her vigilance and told William about it."

While talking, Hathaway took out a thick notebook from her satchel.

"The above is some information collected by my mother. I also learned the general idea of ​​the matter through the information here. When I was at home, she almost never talked to me about anything related to demon hunting."

"Later, William found his mother. Based on past experience, his mother judged that this should be just an ordinary ghost haunting incident, and the wound on the girl's body should be caused by her own injury under the influence of her spirit."

"William proposed to my mother to let her move directly to live with Veronica, which is probably one of the important reasons why he chose my mother."

"So five days ago, my mother rushed to Veronica's villa."

"I didn't hear from her for several days. I was a little worried, so I called her, but no one answered when the phone was turned off."

"I have no choice but to find out her preliminary investigation information, and then call William."

There was a trace of anger on the girl's face.

"But what I didn't expect was that the man told me that his employment relationship with his mother had ended, and he paid the money, asking me not to bother him again!"

"He actually regarded me as a scoundrel who wanted to extort money."

"I was going to look for him, but he seems to have left Bordeaux, and even Veronica has disappeared."

Hathaway sighed.

"I can't find any clues, so I can only try to come to the bar to ask for help. But I didn't expect..."

Henrik flipped through the notes in his hand.

The information recorded above is not detailed, it should be just some fragmentary information that Ingmar jotted down casually, but through this information, he can probably outline what happened.

If he guessed correctly, the strange thing about Veronica must have been solved, and this solution is probably related to Ingmar's disappearance.

The most important thing now is to find Veronica, or William, and find out what happened. Only in this way can the reason for Ingmar's disappearance be found.

Ingmar left home 5 days ago, and counting some investigations, it has been at least 4 days since her actual investigation time.

This is a very dangerous time. If they don't speed up the investigation, even if they find Ingmar in the end, they may only get a corpse.

"Leave this matter to me."

Henrik closed the notes, "I'm Ingmar's friend, and I won't just sit idly by."

"Count me in too."

Roger spoke suddenly, and he had been listening patiently the whole time before making his point.

"Roger, this matter is very dangerous, Ingmar is just a stranger to you, you don't need to..."

Roger interrupted Henrik with a smile, "Who said it's unnecessary, if I'm not wrong, the person you brought me here today should be Ingmar?"

"Plus I need it."

As he spoke, he pointed to the girl sitting across from him.

Thinking of what the man named John said just now, Hathaway's fair face turned red.

To be honest, she didn't know where she got the courage just now. At that time, she was only thinking about saving her mother, and she couldn't care about anything else.

But at this time.

"Cough cough."

Henrik gave Roger a look, "You are going too far... You can pursue girls you like in a fair manner. It would be disrespectful to do so."

"Please, what are you thinking?"

Roger was a little dumbfounded.

"This is what I want!"

As he spoke, he grabbed the wooden box in front of Hathaway.

"Witch grass. I am not helping in vain. It's mine now!"

14