Chapter 153. We Are Monsters
171 0 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Are we going to die here?"

Veronica asked with some despair.

Henrik smiled, although the expression on his face was relaxed, but his eyes were extremely dignified.

"In the extraordinary world, death is not the final outcome."

Ingmar added.

Henrik agreed, "The initial assimilation process happened very slowly, probably started when Veronica started dreaming. During the assimilation process, this different space chose to copy reality."

"But obviously, this process failed. Not long after we came in, the world of assimilation collapsed, so we saw it as it was."

"After a failure, the speed of assimilation of the world should be accelerated, and because of our entry, the connection between here and reality is also deepening, which will also promote the speed of assimilation."

"If we can't leave before then, after assimilation, we will become part of this world."

"In other words, to people who live in reality, we are monsters!"

"Are you saying we're going to be wiped out of our minds into what we just faced?"

Asked Roger.

"No, that's just the smallest possibility. What's more, we will retain the original memory and emotions, but our own characteristics have undergone earth-shaking changes."

"For the original world, we are foreign objects, as conspicuous as blood dripping into the water. Once we return to the real world, our own characteristics will pollute the reality."

"Cause far more terrible consequences than the coming of the Holy Son."

Henrik glanced at Roger.

"So you should now understand why I said that the three holy spirits are just low-level characters."

"Although there are Sacred Heart and Holy Spirit level powerhouses among them, they only dare to capture some visitors from other worlds that occasionally appear from the cracks. They have no strength to control the real cursed land on a large scale."

Henrik sighed.

"This is a war between the world and the world. No matter how strong we are, our role in it is very limited."

"The Hunter's Guild once recorded that many years ago, a powerful blood hunter did not leave during the assimilation process. Since then, he can only stay in the cursed land forever."

"He can't return to the real world until I die. For a blood hunter with great strength and long life, this is really a torture!"

Just thinking about that kind of situation makes people shudder.

Lonely space, never-ending monsters and killings, and waiting without hope.

This is the truth of the world.

Roger glanced at Henrik, "Are there many known cursed lands?"

Henrik nodded.

"A lot, at least a lot more than you think."

"A part of the well-known places of interest hides a cursed place, where tourists from all over the world flock to visit every year."

"The diversity of the world will affect the result and process of assimilation, and then through special means, we can limit it as much as possible."

If it weren't for this special experience of several people, it would be difficult for Henrik to tell Roger and others this core secret.

This is not a matter of trust, but a rule that a witcher must abide by when joining the Hunter's Guild.

"The world is indeed much bigger than I imagined."

Roger originally thought that Henrik was pretending to be mysterious in the bar, but now...

"In this situation, how should we get out?"

"We need to find the gatekeeper. Of course, the gatekeeper is just our own statement. He is the first creature formed in the process of assimilating reality after the two worlds came into contact."

A light flashed in Roger's mind.

"You mean Veronica's dream?"

"Right!"

Henrik nodded.

"In the beginning, I just regarded it as an ordinary supernatural event, and I didn't even consider that there would be a cursed land."

"But now that I know the result, looking back, the assimilation started from the time when Veronica started dreaming, and the bride she dreamed of..."

"It should be this world, extracting and creating the first creature from reality, the so-called gatekeeper."

"Wait a minute."

Roger suddenly interrupted Henrik.

"Veronica should be the first person we met in this world, and the guy we met in Bordeaux Dream should have escaped from here..."

"Could he be?"

Roger asked with some concern.

Hearing Roger's words, everyone's expressions changed. The guy with the ability to transform has already left this world. If he was the so-called gatekeeper, then everyone would have no chance of getting out.

Henrik smiled wryly.

"To be honest, I don't know which of the two of them was the first to form during the assimilation process."

"From the perspective of time sequence, the dream happened first..."

"There is no other way now, we can only take a gamble."

"It's very strange, how did these creatures form?"

Asked Roger.

"It's here that assimilation amplifies something in the real world, like emotions."

Henrik glanced at Veronica, "For example, she is the proud daughter of Bordeaux. In the upper class, she needs a delicate mind and changeable emotions. And then the doppelganger was born."

"Of course, this is only at the very beginning stage. After this stage, the follow-up process will not have this restriction at all. According to you, what does Veronica's dream represent?"

"I think I should have a clue."

Ingmar spoke suddenly.

"After the initial investigation, I also focused on the haunting of evil spirits, because most of the mysterious events that ordinary people are most likely to encounter."

"After investigation, I did find a strange thing."

"Sapphire Street has a long history in Bordeaux. Before this villa area was built, it was originally a gathering place for high-society nobles."

"About 40 years ago, on the original site of this villa, there used to be a mansion. The owner of the house was named Christopher, and he was a well-known local timber merchant."

"The most talked about thing is that he has a pair of beautiful twin daughters. However, the two sisters fell in love with the same man after they became adults. The elder sister is lively and outgoing, while the younger sister is timid and introverted."

"Comparatively speaking, elder sister is more likable, so not long after, an elder sister made a marriage contract with that man."

"The wedding went smoothly. After marriage, the two gave birth to a pair of lovely children. This became a good story in the local area until an accident took the woman's life."

"The man was sad and planned to sell the property and leave this place. However, during the final relocation process, they accidentally discovered a secret passage under the underground wine cellar."

"When the servant lit the torch, everyone was stunned. There was a coffin in the dark room, and a haggard, tormented, inhuman old woman was locked in the coffin."

"Of course when she was found, the woman was already dead. The man saw a heart-shaped necklace on the old woman's neck and cried loudly."

"Because he knows that the woman lying in this coffin in front of him is his real wife."

11