Chapter 154. Narcissus Street
162 0 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"There is an upward ventilation hole in the ground. From the position where the woman is lying, you can just see a little bit of the situation in the yard through a little gap."

"During decades of torture, the only thing this woman could see was her husband and sister cuddling up on a bench."

"Maybe in her heart, she has already regarded her sister as herself, and paralyzed her brain with her own lies."

"This incident caused a great stir at the time, but this woman's soul did not become an evil spirit."

"If Veronica's dream corresponds to her story, then all we need to do now is find her."

"Severing this initial link allows us to return to the real world."

"The monster that this woman turned into is like an umbilical cord to this world, through which it connects with the outside world and speeds up the process of assimilation."

"Killing her will not only bring us back to the real world, but it may also stop the transformation of this world."

"Because the assimilation has not taken shape, after cutting off the connection, this different space may be closed forever!"

Henrik added.

Through the glass by the window, the outside is a vast expanse of whiteness. A thick fog covers the whole world and everyone's heart at the same time.

"How do we find that horrible monster?"

Veronica suddenly spoke.

"About those dreams, do you have other memories besides the diary?"

Asked Roger.

Veronica shook her head, "I don't know, I was too scared in my dream, and I didn't notice some details at all."

Roger guessed that Veronica's family could be traced back to that woman and her sister.

"What you experienced at that time was not a dream at all. In fact, you had already come here at that time. However, because the connection was not stable, after waking up, you were sent back to the real world."

"Think about it carefully, a little detail can help us find that place."

Ingmar reassured.

She spent the longest time with Veronica, and hearing her comforting voice, Veronica's mood stabilized a lot.

"Don't force it."

It takes a lot of courage for Ingmar to clearly recall a terrible nightmare.

"Wait a minute."

"I do remember something, but I'm not sure."

Veronica hesitated.

"In the dream, every once in a while, I seem to be able to hear a knocking sound, which sounds like the sound of a chess piece... when it falls on the chessboard."

Veronica recalled carefully, she was not quite sure herself.

"Knocking sound?"

Henrik and Hathaway glanced at each other with surprise on their faces.

"I can hear a similar sound in the area Hathaway and I have been to before, very crisp."

"Is that woman hiding in that area?"

"Probably!"

"Most of the rooms in this place are inaccessible. Roger and I have been to three of them. Counting yours, there are a total of four. These four houses are distributed in different locations and correspond to each other at a distance."

"And in the area you went to before, you can even meet monsters during the day, which is enough to show that that area is special."

Ingmar clenched his fists, "Anyway, we have to take a look there."

"We don't have much time left."

After making a plan, everyone went back to the room to recharge their batteries. I am afraid there will be a fierce battle next.

This time the duration of the fog seems to be extraordinarily long.

After an unknown amount of time, Henrik knocked on Roger's door.

"Come out and have a look, some changes have taken place outside."

Roger followed Henrik outside the house, and the thick fog covering the entire area had dissipated, but what appeared in front of him was no longer what Roger had seen before.

"What happened?"

"The final assimilation has begun."

"Looking at the architectural style here, it looks like the city of Bordeaux many years ago."

Henrik replied.

"Will this replicate the entire city of Bordeaux?"

"No, it should be only a part, mainly concentrated around Sapphire Street."

Roger closed his eyes and felt it, "The safe spot when I woke up is still there."

In his consciousness, Roger didn't notice anything unusual about the hunter's hut.

"Let's go, we have to speed up the progress, the next fog may never dissipate."

"Maybe after dissipating, we become part of this world."

Ingmar added from behind.

Except for Veronica, the other four had a certain fighting capacity. Seeing that everyone was about to leave, Veronica was so anxious that her eyes turned red.

"The front is too dangerous. With us, you have no chance of surviving. Wait here with peace of mind. If we succeed, you will naturally leave here."

Roger reassured.

He didn't say the second half, if the four of them fail, all of them will die here.

"Stay here."

Ingmar patted Veronica on the shoulder.

"See you in reality!"

After finishing speaking, he followed the pace of the three and strode away.

Veronica pursed her lips and clenched the dagger in her hand. I hope I don't have to use it.

The streets here have changed a lot, but fortunately, they no longer move back and forth like before, so even if they are not very familiar with the route, Roger can basically deduce a general direction.

Then keep moving towards the goal.

As they go, the changes here continue.

Crossing one of the streets, Roger slowed down and looked to the other side.

"What's wrong?"

Henrik asked warily.

He followed Roger's line of sight. On the edge of the street at the end of his line of sight, there was an iron road sign with a line of words clearly printed on it.

"Narcissus Street."

Roger's eyes narrowed slightly. Could this Narcissus Street be the Narcissus Street that Anna mentioned?

Will there be number 48 here?

"Nothing."

Roger withdrew his gaze, although he really wanted to go there to check, but now there are more important things to do.

"It wasn't called Sapphire Street a long time ago. Don't take things here too seriously. Different spaces assimilate reality, but it also distorts reality."

"Everything you see is not real."

Henrik said something casually.

Roger nodded, but he always felt that this was not a mere coincidence. Maybe in a certain period of time, there used to be a place called Narcissus Street at the current site of Sapphire Street.

He has at least some clues about No. 48 Narcissus Street, and he can start investigating from this aspect after returning.

After walking for a while, a large area with a completely different architectural style from the surrounding area appeared in front of everyone.

Pointed towers, circular domes.

Thick and flat stones.

Immediately afterward, a demon spirit with a green light all over his body, a lantern in his left hand, and a thin sword in his right hand appeared in front of everyone.

It was wearing a flaxen gray robe, with a hood covering half of its head, revealing a skull-like face.

In the center of its forehead, a silver hole looms.

"Damn it, the shot just now only caused such a little damage to it!"

Henrik's face became very ugly.

10