Chapter 156. Chessboard World
160 0 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Entering the core area, it seemed that the vibration of the outside world was completely isolated, and then everyone heard a crisp sound.

"Snapped!"

"It looks like it's here!"

What appeared in front of everyone was a circular area, with a sunken patio in the middle, surrounded by rows of dense houses.

"Quick! Find that house and kill the evil spirit!"

Henrik yelled.

"Look!"

At this moment, Hathaway's shout came from not far away, and everyone followed the sound and ran to the patio to look down.

Under the sunken patio, there is a square chessboard, which is divided into several areas, and chess pieces are scattered on it.

These chess pieces seem to be molded from clay, with similar sizes and shapes, and the muscle texture and scales on them are all lifelike.

"What is this?"

"Chessboard world?"

"Is this place we're on just a chessboard?"

Henrik's expression became serious.

"It's okay if it's the whole chessboard, but what if the place we're in is just one square on the board?"

I don't know whether it was because of the entry of a few people or other reasons, the unknown energy was activated.

"Crack!"

Cracks appeared on one of the sculptures on the chessboard, and then it exploded into pieces with a bang.

These blasted fragments gathered together to form a puff of black smoke, which rushed into the air from the patio!

Suddenly, Roger remembered the huge and heavy footsteps he heard in the mist when he first came to this world.

"Could it be..."

His face changed suddenly.

"Quick, quickly find that evil spirit and kill it!"

The black mist above the courtyard gathered together, and something seemed to be conceived in it.

Everyone's face changed, if all the monsters on the chessboard were bred...

That would be terrible!

Race against the clock! The crowd scattered and frantically searched around.

Although they learned from Veronica the general structure of the house where she woke up, there were too many targets in front of her. Seeing the fog forming above the patio, no one could find the house where the gatekeeper was.

"Henrik, let's contain it, Ingmar, Hathaway, you two continue to search!"

Roger clenched the steel sword in his hand.

Henrik smiled wryly.

"I'll shoot to test it out in a while. If we really can't beat it, let's leave here quickly. Even if we are assimilated by the world, it's better than losing our lives."

"Fortunately, there are a total of five people here, two men and three women. Well, there is an extra woman."

Henrik nodded seriously.

"I'll just try my best to work harder." He gave Roger a look that I take care of you.

"You guy, really..."

Roger shook his head, unable to complain.

What's the matter, Henrik is in the mood to make such a joke.

"What, you don't seem to want to?"

Henrik stared at the gradually forming black clouds over the patio, and smiled lightly.

"Forget it, we are all good brothers, let me give you one."

"Son of a b*tch!"

Ingmar suddenly cursed.

"Who told you to come in and save me!"

"Henrik, you told me, you are not allowed to die, none of us are allowed to die, once you get out of here, I will fulfill your wish!" Ingmar said.

"Haha, that's what you said! Remember it"

Henrik laughed loudly, then raised the gun in his hand and shot at the black cloud in midair.

Bang bang bang!

The bullet pierced through the black cloud, and in the next second, there was a roar, and the whole black cloud fell from the sky and hit the ground violently!

Click!

The underground bluestone cracked, and a bloody, huge monster rushed out of the black mist.

This thing looks very similar to the small reptile monster that Roger killed before, but the one in front of him is three times bigger in size!

The thick forelimbs were stronger than Roger's thighs. Although the surface of the body was still dripping with blood, as if the skin had been peeled off, in fact, there was an extra layer of transparent film on its muscles.

Boom!

Henrik shot the monster in the eye, blood splashed, and the monster's head was raised high, but then as if it couldn't feel the pain, its huge body rushed towards Henrik like a chariot.

Although Henrik's physical fitness was not as good as Roger's, he was much better than ordinary people. At the critical moment, he escaped the monster's pounce, and he still did not forget to shoot while he was in the air.

The huge body of the monster dragged a trace on the bluestone ground, and when it turned around, Roger was already standing in front of Henrik with his sword in hand.

"Don't confront him head-on, the power of this thing is too terrifying, find a way to delay time."

Henrik said.

"Be careful."

Roger held a steel sword and had to fight monsters in close combat. It seemed more dangerous, but in fact, once he was close, Henrik was the one with a higher risk factor.

"I found it, it's here!"

At this moment, Ingmar's exclamation came from a distance.

Henrik glanced distractedly, "Go and help them, get rid of that evil spirit as soon as possible, leave it to me here."

"Can you deal with it alone?"

Roger's face changed, "It's too dangerous, let me do it."

Henrik did not agree to Roger, but raised the gun and pulled the trigger.

"Time is urgent. If you can resist the spiritual impact of the demon spirit, ordinary evil spirits will definitely not be able to affect you. Only by making quick decisions can we have more vitality and chance of winning!"

At this time, the monster enraged by Henrik had already rushed forward, and Henrik ran wildly, leading the monster to another direction.

"What if there is a demon spirit hidden inside?"

Roger gave a wry smile.

"Bah, bah, bah! You and your crow mouth."

Henrik cursed loudly.

"Haha, if you are really right, then refer to my suggestion just now, Hathaway belongs to you, and Ingmar belongs to me."

"As for that Veronica, how about we spend a day one by one alone?"

"Ah……"

Suddenly there was a scream from Henrik in the distance, and Roger took a look and found that the guy just fell because he got carried away.

Naturally, Roger was not idle at this time, and had already arrived at the door of the house that Ingmar had mentioned.

Under the condition of preparation, the fighting power of the evil spirit is not strong, but if there are other monsters around, relying on the influence of the evil spirit, the danger will be greatly increased.

This is why the two of Roger didn't abandon the monster and entered the house together to deal with the evil spirit first.

When they enter the area of ​​influence of evil spirits, an inadvertent negligence may lead to misjudgment, if the monster behind them is regarded as a companion...

The result would be terrible.

"Hathaway!"

Roger yelled as soon as he burst into the room.

He put the sword back into its sheath, and when he pulled it out again, the steel sword was already covered with evil spirit oil.

This special scabbard is simply too convenient in battle.

The room was silent, and Roger's shouts did not elicit any response.

His complexion changed, and he rushed into the underground wine cellar quickly. When he came to the door, Roger seemed to realize something, and he gave a sudden stop.

Boom!

A bullet hit the wall beside him.

"This is not an ordinary evil spirit."

Roger knew that Hathaway and Ingmar might have been affected.

12