Chapter 168. Clues
147 0 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In the room.

Henrik exhaled profusely with sweat, leaned against the head of the bed tiredly, and lit a cigarette.

Before he could take two puffs, a hand reached out and snatched his cigarette away.

"It's over so soon?"

Henrik's cheek twitched, but he didn't make a sound.

"By the way, Roger has always wanted to ask you about the coming of the Holy Son."

He changed the subject bluntly, but Ingmar didn't care, imitating her posture and leaning against the head of the bed, and smoked a cigarette after a few puffs.

"He has already asked me. I guess he must have come into contact with someone. He probably has some doubts about the identity of the other party, so he wants to investigate."

"I have said everything that needs to be said, and I have also told him the formula of the tested medicine."

Ingmar didn't continue to hold on to that question, making Henrik quietly relieved, "Is there nothing wrong?"

"What can happen?"

Ingmar asked back.

"But I forgot to tell Roger that the potion I provided can only detect creatures that came to this world from other dimensions."

"There is no way to deal with the existence of that kind of consciousness. Remember to tell him next time you meet."

"Consciousness comes, this kind of situation is really too rare. Being able to do this is generally considered to be knowledgeable and powerful, and the chance of being encountered by us is too low."

Henrik lit another cigarette.

For some reason, he felt uncomfortable when he didn't smoke a cigarette after a battle on bed.

"I see. I'll think about talking to him next time. That kid looks young, but he does things reasonably. He should know how to deal with it."

Henrik exhaled a puff of smoke beautifully, and Henrik felt that the whole battle was complete. When he was wandering, he heard Ingmar next to him ask.

"What about yourself? Have you found any clues about that guy?"

Henrik froze for a moment, his smoking fingers froze in mid-air.

"Forget it, I shouldn't have asked."

Ingmar sighed, and got the answer from Henrik's expression.

"I found some clues not long ago. I just glanced at it from a distance and knew it wasn't it."

"Give up, Henrik, you would have..."

"I will not give up."

Henrik shook his head, "Don't persuade me, Ingmar."

"All right!"

Ingmar nodded decisively.

"Can I ask you a question?"

Ingmar suddenly said solemnly, but it was obvious that Henrik, who was immersed in his thoughts, didn't see a trace of teasing flashing in Ingmar's eyes.

"Go ahead."

"Can we do it again?"

Henrik: ………

…………

The Wandering Hunter Bar.

Roger opened the door and walked into the bar. When he entered the door, he was surprised to find that someone raised his glass to him, "I've heard about you, well done!"

"A newly established team of hunters rescued an old experienced witcher in their first mission. I have to say, although you are young, you have impressed us!"

Without Henrik on the side, the atmosphere in the bar was particularly harmonious, and everyone's attitude towards him was much better.

"Consider joining us!"

Someone even offered an olive branch to Roger.

"That fellow Henrik can't be trusted."

Someone patted Roger on the shoulder, "You will understand this when you have a beautiful female companion."

Roger made a haha, briefly communicated with everyone, and then walked to the bar.

"What do you want to drink today, I can treat you."

Vincent shook the shaker, "Shall I serve you a special drink?"

"Forget it, let me have a glass of water."

Roger took advantage of the opportunity to sit in front of the bar.

There was no one around, so he glanced at the mission board recorded next to it, and there were several pieces of information listed on it, including investigation missions, seeking materials, and lonely witchers looking for a new team.

Roger never knew that this hidden world could be so vivid and rich.

After thinking about it, he wrote down his needs on it.

"Extraordinary material?"

Vincent looked at Roger with admiration. He looked at Roger carefully, "The muscles are strong, and they are approaching the limit of the human body?"

Roger didn't hide it either, "It's almost possible to break through!"

Vincent gave a thumbs up, "When I was your age, I was also working on my body."

"This is still based on family inheritance and the experience of my father and brothers."

Just then, Roger took out a book from his backpack and put it on the bar.

"I have recently become obsessed with a piece of history. I accidentally found this book in the library. I didn't expect your name to be included in the author's signature."

Vincent paused for a moment while wiping the glass. He glanced at the book on the table, "Research on Modern and Modern Aristocracy in Bordeaux".

"You're actually interested in history?"

Vincent nodded with a smile.

"Witcher hunters really need a little hobby to relieve the negative emotions brought about by killing. I used to be obsessed with history. This book was written with the help of my teacher many years ago."

"I didn't expect to be turned out by you."

A smile appeared on Roger's face, "I thought it was just the same name, but your name is really special. The first, middle name, and last name are exactly the same."

"The most important is."

Roger turned to the biography at the back of the book, and there was a young face printed on it.

"Haha, do you have any questions?"

This book seemed to mean a lot to Vincent, and his mood improved a lot.

Roger nodded and turned a page.

"It's mentioned above that in the early years of New Moon City, there used to be a Stuart family, a foreign aristocrat whose symbol was daffodils."

"To be honest, I am very interested in some of the characteristics of this family, but it seems that there is no in-depth description in the books, so I came to ask you to see if I can borrow relevant materials."

"The Stuart family?"

Vincent frowned and thought for a while, "I have a little impression that this is a weird family. Now that I think about it, this family may also be a member of the extraordinary world."

"However, their existence is too short, and they are relatively closed. I really don't know much about them."

When Roger was a little disappointed, Vincent hesitated, "If you are really interested in this history, I can ask my former teacher for you."

"He's an expert on it."

"About that period of history, he knows more details than I do."

"Thank you very much, Mr. Vincent!"

Roger hurriedly thanked him.

"It's okay, it's a little effort, but the teacher's temper is a bit weird, you should take it easy."

Roger nodded hurriedly.

It is not uncommon for many people who devote themselves to learning to have a certain temperament.

Vincent immediately made a phone call, and after hanging up, he nodded to Roger.

"The teacher promised you that if you have time tomorrow morning, you can go to the History Department of the University of Bordeaux to find him."

"What should I call this gentleman?"

"Professor Urmsey."

Vincent replied.

12