Chapter 169. The Secret of Narcissus Street
182 0 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Roger stood in front of the University of Bordeaux, looking at this institution of higher learning with a history of more than 150 years.

The university was built in the Bordeaux colonial period, so the architectural style of the school is quite different from the surrounding.

Old trees over a hundred years old can be seen everywhere in the school, and you can feel the heritage and grandeur of this school by walking among them.

After explaining the purpose of coming, Roger didn't wait long, and was taken to a separate office. After knocking on the door, Roger stepped in, but he couldn't help being stunned for a moment when he saw the man sitting behind the desk.

"Is it a surprise?"

The man sitting behind the desk smiled. It was obviously a kind smile, but for some reason, it seemed to make people feel an inexplicable chill in their hearts.

"Mr. Dickinson, why are you here?"

The so-called professor of history turned out to be the witcher Roger met in the hunter guild last time.

"I once said that I have done in-depth research on the history of Bordeaux and the Demon Hunter family. If your family originated here, I would know a little bit about it."

"Sit down, Mr. Roger."

Dickinson stood up and pointed to the seat opposite.

Although Roger was a little surprised by the professor's true identity, he naturally had no choice but to turn around and leave at this time, and secretly confirmed his identity. Roger felt a lot more magnanimous in his heart, and he did it directly after hearing the words.

"What do you want to drink?"

"Tea, coffee or water?"

"No thanks."

"I came this time because I happened to read a book about the origin of the Bordeaux aristocracy, and there was a Stuart family that aroused my interest."

Roger directly explained his purpose.

"The Stuart family..."

"That's really a strange family."

Dickinson poured Roger a glass of water, turned around and rummaged through the bookshelf behind him.

"The Stuart family is a foreign aristocrat. According to themselves, they came here from Indjiman. It is said that their blood can be traced back to a certain generation of the royal family in Indjiman."

"However, you should know the face of nobles. They like to put gold on their faces, so not many people take what they say seriously."

"But this family is indeed very rich. They once bought an entire street and named it after their family's coat of arms."

"Narcissus Street."

"The buildings on both sides of the street don't look much different from the surrounding ones, but walking through them always makes people feel a little strange."

As Dickinson spoke, he pulled out a book from the shelf.

Put the book on the table and turn to one of the pages.

"It took me a lot of effort to find a little manuscript of the building at that time, and restore a little structure of Narcissus Street."

Roger looked down at the pictures on the book, his pupils shrank slightly.

The structure looked almost exactly like the Narcissus Street he had seen in the Fog World.

"There are no windows in the area facing the street?"

Roger pretended to have just found out.

"Not only that."

Dickinson nodded, "Look at this page."

Roger turned over the following pages, on which he drew the basic structure of the houses on Narcissus Street, and on the other side of the houses, there were miniature small windows like the ones he had seen before.

"Isn't it weird?"

"Is it some strange custom?"

Roger feigned interest.

"No no no!"

Dickinson smiled enigmatically, and shook his head.

"What do these holes remind you of?"

Roger observed carefully, but still shook his head.

"Sorry, my knowledge is limited, I really can't see it."

"It seems that you are not a native of Bordeaux."

Dickinson gave a meaningful smile.

He casually took out a book from the table, and from the corner of Roger's eyes, he glanced at the study of burials in the Bordeaux area.

Dickinson turned a page in the book, put the two books side by side, and pushed them to Roger's eyes.

"What now?"

Roger's face changed suddenly.

Although there is a slight difference in the form of expression, the patterns on the two books clearly represent the same structure.

"Is this the tomb?!"

Roger looked surprised.

"Yes."

Dickinson nodded.

"The whole Bordeaux area is a big swamp. No one knows how big and deep the swamp is underground in the Bordeaux area."

"Perhaps the things below are beyond our imagination."

Dickinson made a nonsense.

"I think you should know a little about the burial customs in the Bordeaux area. Because there are large and small swamps underground, most people who live here will not choose to bury the bones of their relatives."

"The stagnant water poured back will soak the bones in the coffin, and it will also cause unnecessary trouble."

"Trouble in the extraordinary direction."

"So most people in the Bordeaux area will build their tombs on the ground and choose hanging coffins."

"The climate here is humid and hot. In order to ensure ventilation, they will build large and small vents around the tomb."

Dickinson pointed to the structure of houses on Narcissus Street.

"Like this."

He chuckled, narrowed his slender eyes, and his expression was like a snake that had stolen a bird's egg.

Roger also shivered slightly.

"They don't build houses for people to live in at all?!"

"Who knows?"

Dickinson did not answer Roger's question.

"According to the information I investigated, the entire Narcissus Street is inhabited by some strange people, some of whom are from Ingman with the Stuart family."

"Part of it comes from the absorption of local residents."

"This family is too mysterious and extremely xenophobic. Due to its special house structure, even in the daytime, locals don't want to get close to it."

"After all, no matter who you are, you don't want to pass by the cemetery all day long."

Roger looked at the book in Dickinson's hand.

"Do you know the specific active period of this family?"

Asked Roger.

"About 80 to 100 years ago, the whole family disappeared, and the specific reason could not be found out. At that time, many behaviors of this family also attracted the attention of the Hunter's Guild."

"Of course, the Hunter's Guild at that time was different from what it is now, but I have inquired about relevant information in the guild, but there are only a few."

"It's as if this is just an ordinary noble family."

Dickinson explained.

"Thank you so much!"

Roger stood up, "Mr. Dickinson, can you lend me this book to read, many things in it are worthy of careful study."

"Certainly!"

Dickinson's attitude was completely different from the aggressive feeling he had at the Hunter's Guild that day.

He looked at Roger with his slender eyes, which made Roger uncomfortable.

"This is my phone number, Mr. Roger. If you have any questions, you can call me at any time."

"OK."

Roger put Dickinson's book into his backpack, and when he walked to the door, Dickinson's meaningful voice came from behind him.

"Mr. Roger, we will meet again."

"Will."

13