Chapter 170. Where No. 48 is
150 0 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Leaving the University of Bordeaux, Roger stood at the door and looked back at the century-old university. Inexplicably, Dickinson's strange gaze seemed to hang over him all the time.

"What a queer fellow."

This Dickinson's attitude towards him was a bit strange, but now Roger couldn't tell whether it was malicious or kind, he just instinctively felt abnormal and wanted to stay away from the other party.

He drove directly to the Bordeaux library, where there are a lot of materials, and it is convenient for him to check for gaps and make up for omissions.

The cover of the book is black goatskin, and the content inside is almost all handwritten, and occasionally a few bulletins are posted.

It can be seen that Dickinson is indeed a professor in historical research issues, and the entire book records the content related to the Stuart family.

Roger found an empty corner and patiently flipped through the pages.

On the first page of the book, a blooming daffodil was hand-painted. Most daffodils have six petals, but this one has eight petals.

The black notes outline the edges of the daffodils solemnly, which looks a little weird at first glance.

In the Stuart family, the number 8 has a special meaning.

On Narcissus Street, No. 8, No. 18, and No. 28, these numbers every 8 represent mansions with special meanings.

No. 8 Narcissus Street is the most prosperous area on the street, and it is also the residence of the Stuart family.

As for the meaning of the subsequent numbers, Dickinson did not record it in the books.

The black 8 is like a twisted snake.

Then Roger flipped through and saw the structure diagram of Narcissus Street built by the Stuart family.

From the beginning to the end, the numbering ends at 43, and there are no subsequent numbers.

"48 Narcissus Street?"

"Is there something wrong with Anna's memory?"

"She actually said 43, or something else?"

Regarding this point, Roger is not very sure. After all, nearly 100 years have passed. The records about the Stuart family in the entire book are mostly based on guesswork, and not many can be truly confirmed.

Even Roger didn't find Anna's name in the family registry.

Just when Roger was at a loss, he suddenly noticed the pattern formed by the holes cut in the wall on the back side of the house.

Rotating the pattern in his hand and adjusting the angle a little bit, Roger's eyes suddenly brightened.

"4 and 8."

The holes dug on the wall seem to be disorderly, but in fact, the numbers of the inner and outer circles are always only 4 and 8.

Thinking back carefully, what he saw in the foggy world, Roger thought about it, and found that it also corresponds to the law in front of him.

"Could it be that the so-called No. 48 Narcissus Street was not built on Narcissus Street at all?"

"Although it is named after No. 48, it was actually built in another place?"

There was a flash of inspiration in my mind.

For a family, in most cases, it will be built in places that are far away from the family's residence and are indispensable, one of which is the most important.

That is the family cemetery!

"The so-called No. 48 Narcissus Street is not a house at all, but a cemetery?!"

Roger guessed.

After deliberating over and over again, he realized that his guess was very likely to be true.

Thinking of this, he began to quickly flip through the relevant materials.

"What a strange family. The place where ordinary people live is built like a tomb, but the family tomb is named after the number of the normal house, and then built elsewhere."

Roger flipped through it, and it took several hours to find a clue in an inconspicuous message.

"The family cemetery of the Stuart family was not built in Bordeaux, but in the current Marsh Town!"

"At the same time, their cemetery did not use hanging coffins, but chose to be buried in accordance with the tradition of ancestors!"

"This is so weird!"

Roger frowned.

When a foreign nobleman built a house, he adopted the local traditional tomb structure, as if deliberately letting the living live in the room of the dead.

But in the family cemetery, they were buried in accordance with the tradition, and the place they chose was a swampy town with the worst underground water accumulation.

It's like deliberately soaking the corpses of family members in the swamp to complete some ulterior secrets.

Following this clue, Roger inquired about some official records from that year. On the list, it was impressively recorded: Cemetery No. 48.

"It should be like this!"

Roger clenched his fists excitedly, he felt that he was very close to the truth of the matter.

Anna's memory obviously has a big problem. She can't remember the family's surname and origin, but she remembers Narcissus Street and No. 48, so she can tell this address.

But why did she say that her family was not far away?

As far as Roger knew, there was no so-called family in the forest near Bay Town. Anna was buried in Bay Town, but their family cemetery was in Marsh Town.

It seems that the clues have been clarified, but Roger has more doubts.

Without further ado, after finding the clue, Roger drove directly to Marsh Town.

The address of the cemetery was also recorded in the directory, but it has been so long, and it is not known whether the cemetery was moved when the Stuart family left.

Or, the cemetery has been completely buried in the vicissitudes of history.

By the time Roger came to Marsh Town, it was already afternoon, and he ate some fast food on the street.

The address recorded in the directory is still left over from nearly a hundred years ago. After investigation, the original cemetery has been remodeled, and now it has been remodeled and renovated into a mental hospital.

Roger also did not expect that after the events of Hunnam, he would come to this place again.

Marsh Town Mental Asylum.

At the door, he asked to see Dr. Rooney. Not long after the door opened, Roger drove the car into the hospital, but Rooney stood at the door to greet him.

The middle-aged doctor looked more haggard than the last time we met, but he still smiled when he saw Roger.

"Is there anything I can do to help?"

Roger's enthusiasm for Rooney was odd.

"Thank you and that gentleman for your help."

Rooney's attitude was even somewhat respectful.

"Some things have happened recently that have given me a new understanding of the world. The doll I received not long ago may hide terrible malice."

"If it weren't for you and another gentleman..."

Obviously, Rooney should have been exposed to some extraordinary events recently, so there are some guesses about his and Henrik's last visit.

But it's better this way, Roger nodded and said, and then explained the purpose of coming.

"The cemetery?"

Rooney frowned.

"I seem to vaguely remember that there is such a thing."

"Come with me, I'll check the information for you. This area is huge, and so many years have passed. Even if the cemetery really still exists, there probably won't be anything left."

Rooney is an important person in charge of this mental hospital, and brought Roger to the reference room.

He flipped through the documents in the dust, and finally pulled out a blueprint.

"It should be this!"

Pass the blueprint in your hand to Roger.

"See if it's what you want."

Turning over the blueprint, Roger's eyes froze slightly.

12