Chapter 176. Monsters and factories
160 0 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Roger came to the Wandering Hunter Bar as quickly as possible.

At this time, the bar had just opened for business, and several waitresses were busy cleaning up the house, and there were hardly any customers in the bar.

"Where is the task?"

Once inside, Roger went straight to Vincent.

Vincent shrugged.

"Sorry, Roger, you're late."

"The task has been taken over by someone else."

"So fast?"

It has been half an hour at most since he received the call, but he did not expect the task to be accepted by someone else.

This is an unwritten rule in the bar, in order to prevent the witcher from blindly accepting the mission without knowing the situation of the mission.

Every task written on the bulletin board needs to be confirmed in person in the bar. At the same time, Vincent also plays the role of supervisor in disguise.

He understands the strength of most witchers, and he also avoids some people from accepting tasks beyond their abilities.

"Can you tell me who accepted this mission?"

In order to avoid vicious competition, whenever the task is taken over by others, the rest of the witchers can no longer intervene.

"You know Roger, it's not in the rules."

Vincent was a little embarrassed.

For Roger, the poison glands of supernatural beings are something that he must have. Even if there is only a chance, he doesn't want to give up.

"Listen to me Vincent, I don't want to cause trouble, but this thing is really important to me, and I hope I can pay a lot of money to buy what I need from them."

Vincent scanned the bar, seeing that no one had noticed the conversation between the two, he lowered his voice.

"I can't reveal too much, I can only tell you that the location of the mission is in a factory in the Morse Mountains."

"The owner's name is Wolfe."

Roger smiled and nodded at Vincent.

"Thank you very much, you did me a great favor."

After leaving the bar, Roger checked the Internet for specific information. There was only one factory in the area Vincent mentioned.

Wolf Associated Industries.

After confirming the address, Roger drove directly to the target location.

In order to avoid being disturbed during the mission, he made a few phone calls in advance to give a brief notice.

The red-haired girl, who seemed very excited to be in the new environment, told Roger that as a new student, her life now was mainly about adapting.

You need to learn some basic knowledge and have a general understanding of the extraordinary world.

Although the short-haired woman who brought her in just now looked indifferent, she took care of Amanda and even took the initiative to mention the awakening ceremony to Amanda.

Amanda hesitated, and just took this opportunity to ask Roger for his opinion.

"If this process is really inevitable, then you should take the initiative to at least make it manageable."

Everyone needs to pay a certain price in the process of entering the extraordinary, and no one can make decisions for others on this issue.

"Based on my current situation, it should be too early to perform the awakening ceremony. Let's wait until the next time we meet. We can have a detailed chat next time."

After a few words, Amanda heard that Roger was driving and hung up the phone.

When it was Henrik's turn, Roger made several phone calls in a row, but no one answered. After thinking about it, he left a voicemail and briefly introduced the current situation, then hung up the phone.

Wolf Industry did not choose to build in Bordeaux, or even in the town below. The specific factory site is still far away from the nearest River Valley Town.

And when Roger's car left Bordeaux, a group of people arrived in front of the gate of Wolf Industry.

The factory was built at the foot of the mountain, and it looks like it is surrounded by mountains and rivers, giving it an elegant and quiet feeling.

As soon as the car stopped, a middle-aged man with a belly full ran out excitedly.

"You must be..."

The fat on Wolfe's face was piled together, and his small eyes carefully looked at the few people in front of him.

"Mr. Wolfe?"

"It is we who have accepted your mission."

The one who spoke was a tall man with a tough face.

He looked to be in his mid-thirties, with cropped hair and steely muscles that bulged out of his clothes.

"My name is Cain, and I am the captain of this team. All the people around me are my team members."

Cain casually pointed to the few people who followed him, and had no intention of introducing them in detail.

"Welcome!"

Wolfe took the initiative to shake hands with Cain.

"If I had changed before, I would never believe that there would be monsters in this world, but I have experienced strange things recently..."

Wolfe led the crowd to the factory.

"Thanks to the guidance of Mr. Alex, I was able to contact you. People from the security company came a few times before."

Wolfe cursed under his breath.

"A group of idiots who only take money and do nothing! After I told them what happened, they actually asked me if I was too drunk. Now that there are professionals like you, the problem here must be solved quickly, right?"

Cain frowned. He naturally understood the meaning of Wolfe's words, but the task was in hand, and the reward paid by the other party was indeed considerable.

He just nodded after hearing Wolfe's words.

"Rest assured. Tell us what happened."

He obviously didn't want to listen to Wolfe's babbling.

"The matter started more than half a month ago. Someone in the factory said that they had seen a green monster that looked as tall as an adult."

Wolfe described it.

"It is said that the thing has a toad-like appearance and looks very disgusting. There is green smoke floating where it walks, like poisonous gas."

Cain exchanged glances with the team members behind him calmly.

"Are there any casualties?"

He asked suddenly.

"That's not true. But even so, the whole factory is already panicking. I raised workers' salaries several times in a row and fired a few troublemakers. Only then did I manage to maintain the situation."

"If this problem is not resolved as soon as possible, the production speed of the factory will definitely be affected. It is a huge order. Once the delivery cannot be made on time..."

The fat on Wolfe's face twitched.

"I'm afraid I'll just have to file for bankruptcy!"

Judging from Cain's experience, in the past extraordinary events, the description of monsters is generally relatively abstract and general.

After all, the possibility of ordinary people surviving after seeing the image of a monster is very low.

But the information provided by Wolfe in front of him is a bit too detailed.

Height, build, appearance. Although simple, the image of a monster has already appeared in everyone's minds.

With such a detailed description, either someone really saw the monster.

Either someone is lying and making a story!

......

Shameless unwanted suggestion from the author: If you wanna read 30+ advanced chapters of my both of books, check out my Patreon page, please...

patreon.com/KarmaLord

11