Chapter 177. Demon Hunting Squad
181 0 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"After the first incident, I just took it that some workers were drunk and talking nonsense, and others didn't take it seriously."

Wolfe continued.

"A few more days passed like this. Although the original witness kept spreading what he saw and heard in the factory, most people didn't take it seriously."

"Where is the witness, where is he?"

Cain asked suddenly.

"I've fired him. Under the circumstances at that time, normal people would regard his actions as deliberate instigation."

Wolfe spread his hands.

"To be honest, my factory is built here, there must be some problems, such as some processes that do not meet the standards..."

Wolfe said frankly.

"But which factory in the world is not like this, and I paid them well enough that someone was talking about such a topic in the factory at that time."

Wolfe looked innocent.

"So I fired that guy. However, not long after he was fired, probably only three or two days, someone else saw the so-called monster. And this time the witness is not one person, but a total of six!"

"Did no one die because of this?" Cain was a little puzzled.

Wolfe shook his head.

"According to what they said, the monster didn't attack them, they just saw it from a distance. Afterwards, everyone went crazy and started fighting with each other. Someone's ear was torn off, and someone's leg was broken by a wrench in the hand of his companion."

"Although they were all injured to varying degrees, fortunately, no one died. The police came to investigate, but it was only regarded as an ordinary brawl."

"As for the so-called monsters, no one believes it. Several of these individuals had a history of alcoholism."

Wolfe sighed.

"That's it, it's all over."

"Although the police didn't take it seriously, the people working here are different. Coupled with the previous rumors and the narrations of the six workers, the rumors about monsters in the factory spread immediately."

Wolfe clenched his fists.

"The factory even shut down for two days because of it, and man, that's a lot of money!"

"No way, I used a little relationship in the trade union, and at the same time raised the salary, so I barely brought back some workers."

"After that, there was a third incident. However, I solved this matter quietly, and the other workers didn't know about it."

Cain nodded, as if he had some understanding of what happened.

"Can I walk around the factory, or chat with other people to find out the specific situation."

"No, no!"

Wolfe waved his hands hastily.

"This group of workers is suspicious every day. I just barely fooled it now. Once you start asking and investigating, they will know that the previous rumors are true."

"It is confirmed that there are monsters in the factory, no matter how much money is paid, no one will work here!"

Cain thought for a while and understood Wolfe's worries.

In fact, the fat man in front of him doesn't care about the lives and deaths of the workers at all, what he cares about is his own business and orders.

Every day a factory like this is down, he loses a fortune, plus delayed orders. If the rumors are confirmed and all the workers leave here, then Wolfe may indeed be forced to go bankrupt.

"Without an investigation, how do you ask us to proceed?"

Cain also had his own difficulties.

"Well, tell me the addresses of those witnesses, all the witnesses, including the third one."

"We're going to visit alone."

Wolfe still had hesitation on his face.

"Don't worry, we have our own means and we won't expose you. Besides, if I'm not wrong, the time interval between the three sightings must be getting closer and closer."

"Although I don't know why the monster didn't attack the people here, it doesn't mean it will always be like this."

"Maybe it has a purpose."

"Maybe the attack will be next time!"

Cain said coldly.

There was a trace of fear on Wolfe's face. If someone died here, the news could no longer be concealed.

"All right."

He nodded, "But you must promise not to involve me in it."

"Mr. Wolfe, you are really a cautious person!"

A young man standing behind Cain sneered.

Cain didn't stop his team members from complaining, obviously he was also somewhat dissatisfied with the behavior of this employer.

Although this man didn't kill anyone, what he did...

But if you look at it from his own standpoint, there is no difference between stopping work and going bankrupt and killing him.

Wolfe smiled, as if he didn't understand the sarcasm in the young man's words.

"Prudence is an essential quality for a businessman."

Several people had arrived at Wolfe's office at this time. His office location was separated from the factory area, so there was no need to worry about being seen by too many workers.

Wolfe found some information and handed it to Cain. Cain did not leave immediately, but found a free office nearby, and walked in with his team members.

Close the door to block out the sound from outside.

"No bugging devices."

Hearing this, Cain nodded.

"Let's talk about it."

"Although this monster did not directly attack the workers here, it should not be caused by ghosts."

Cain first gave his opinion.

Just looking at his body shape, it is difficult for anyone to think that Cain is actually an exorcist.

Although he didn't go around the whole factory after he came in, Cain still felt it carefully. At least for now, he didn't notice any trace of spirit activity.

"That Wolfe should have concealed something, but generally what he said should be true."

The young man who had ridiculed Wolf just now said that he had short blond hair and a golden earring on his left ear.

"Lawrence, you and Michelle will go there in person later to check the witnesses of the three incidents and see if they know any other news."

"Be careful, don't use too drastic means, they are just ordinary people with bad luck."

"Do not worry."

A brown-skinned girl with a black ponytail said, "I will take care of Lawrence and not let him mess around."

"If it's not a ghost, then this monster probably has the ability to affect the spirit of ordinary people."

"Judging from the information currently available, it is very likely that it is the smoke around it."

Someone spoke.

"We cannot confirm the authenticity of these reports at this time."

Said another.

Cain frowned.

"Go ask Wolfe for a work uniform, disguise yourself, and go take a look at the incident."

Cain pointed to the other two people in the room, "Pay attention to whereabouts, I don't want to make Wolfe bankrupt, and finally complete the task but have no money."

"Ha ha."

Everyone laughed, and after a brief exchange, they set off separately.

Cain didn't leave, he needed to sort out the information in his hands and prepare for the next arrangement.

At the same time, Roger also drove to River Valley Town.

.....

Shameless unwanted suggestion from the author: If you wanna read 30+ advanced chapters of my both of books, check out my Patreon page, please...

patreon.com/KarmaLord

13