Chapter 180. Identity
150 0 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Roger looked up, and it was Carl who was speaking.

"We already know the place you mentioned from Wolfe,"

"Beach and I went there specifically to see that there are a total of four sewage pipes inside the factory, but these pipes are all open in one direction."

"In fact, after the second incident, Wolfe had four sewer lines shut down."

"The energy fluctuations around the pipeline are within the normal range, which means that no spirit body passed there, which is also in line with our initial inference."

"It's not ghosts. At the same time, the sewage pipes are closed, so even if there are monsters, it is impossible to enter the factory through the four closed passages."

"There won't be a third incident either."

Carl obviously disagrees with Roger's reasoning.

Roger frowned.

There was some discrepancy between this and his deduction, and he did find clues near two of the passages through the hunter's vision.

These traces cannot be faked, and they are not left by human beings at all. Then, he told everyone what he found near the passage.

Carl didn't quite believe it at first, after all, he and Beach had also investigated there, but then Roger led everyone to the passage.

Some subtle traces were pointed out one by one.

"According to my guess, this monster should not walk on the ground with four limbs."

Roger pointed to the little marks left on the top of the sewer pipe.

"And here and here."

Every time one more trace was found, the expressions on the faces of the people changed a little. The reasons given by Carl and the two were very good, but the traces mentioned by Roger could not be faked.

"Will this monster not have a normal shape, and can enter here through the gap in the sewage pipe?"

Cain came up with an idea.

"It's hard to say. After all, there are too many types of monsters in this world. Every day, new monsters appear and are killed."

Someone replied.

When the investigation reached a stalemate, Roger keenly caught a little sound coming from the sewage pipe.

The sound was very soft, but it seemed like something was hitting the pipe.

"Listen!"

Everyone stopped communicating and walked slowly to the sewage pipe.

"Boom!"

This time the voice suddenly increased.

"What?!"

Carl, who was closest, was taken aback, and Cain gave him a wink, "Everyone, be careful, prepare your weapon, and open it!"

Lawrence and Michelle took out their guns, and the witcher named Beach also took out his own weapons, two cold hatchets.

Cain's expression also became serious, he didn't know what he was holding in his hand, and seemed ready to attack at any time.

Seeing that everyone was getting ready, Carl opened the sewage pipe.

There was a pungent smell coming from the pipe, and the things inside couldn't be seen clearly in the rolled liquid.

Boom!

Boom!

The passage opening was opened, and the sound transmitted became clearer, and the sound became more and more urgent from far to near, as if something was hitting the inner wall and was approaching rapidly.

Everyone held their breath and fixed their eyes on the exit.

Boom!

There was a violent impact, and the water splashed, but then, the rolling water gradually subsided, and everything returned to silence.

"Why..."

Before Carl could finish his sentence, a wave of water suddenly rose from the entrance of the passage, and a green figure jumped out of it.

Cain's pupils narrowed slightly, and he saw the figure jumping out of the water clearly, his face changed slightly, and he said coldly: "Attack!"

The sound of crackling bullets echoed throughout the space.

As soon as the figure jumped out of the water, it was interrupted by the pouring bullets, and the whole body flew out horizontally, but before it landed, Beach's thick body rushed in front of him.

The hatchet in his hand swung.

Roger also saw the figure clearly at this time.

Gray-green skin, the surface of the skin has become covered with wrinkles and short hairs due to long-term immersion in water. She is not tall, only about 1.7 meters.

No human features can be seen on the face, the most striking thing is the protruding sharp teeth.

This guy looks similar to the water ghost that Roger once killed, but it is more ferocious than the former, and his body is full of stench mixed with chemicals.

The monster was wounded by bullets and fell to the ground. Just as he was about to get up, Beach's twin axes roared and slashed towards him.

Beach didn't choose the monster's vital parts, but attacked the monster's lower limbs. They had an advantage in numbers, so there was no need to confront each other head-on.

Click!

The weapon in his hand hit the monster's lower limbs, and after Beach succeeded in the blow, he didn't take the opportunity to expand the result, and rolled on the ground nimbly to avoid the monster's attack range.

Bang bang bang!

Gunshots rang out one after another.

Forehead, eye sockets, heart.

A cloud of blood burst out from its body, and the monster swayed and fell down.

Roger stood aside and didn't even have a chance to make a move. The whole process only took a few seconds, and Cain and others ended the battle.

This is the importance of the team.

When carrying out missions alone with Henrik, Roger still didn't feel like coming out, but this time, Cain's team consisted of 5 people. As long as the fire suppression was formed at the beginning, it would be difficult for ordinary monsters to escape .

"Alert!"

Cain shouted loudly.

Lawrence aimed his gun at the exit of the sewage tunnel, while Michelle pointed at the monster lying on the ground.

Beach held the weapon in his hand and slowly leaned forward. Even Carl, who was standing in the distance, seemed to be sensing something.

The entire team cooperated in an orderly manner, and did not relax their vigilance after resolving the battle.

"This guy is dead."

Beach kicked the fallen body.

"Don't let your guard down, be careful there is a second one."

Cain said, and walked over.

The corpse after death was like a deflated ball, and a lot of viscous gray-green liquid flowed out from the wound.

These liquids exude a pungent stench.

"Is this guy the monster that's been wandering around the factory?"

Carl shook his head.

"It doesn't make sense, the passage is blocked, it is impossible for it to break in!"

The corpse was so decomposed and soaked in water for too long that it collapsed on the ground like a pile of melted ice cream after death.

"Huh?"

"What's this?"

The nearest Beach's eyes lit up, as if he had discovered something.

He stretched out the hatchet in his hand, and pulled out a wrapped pendant from the neck of the corpse.

A part of this thing was cut into the skin and mixed with the rotting flesh. If it wasn't for the angle problem, it might be difficult to detect.

The pendant looked very cheap. Shaking off the filth, Beach opened the pendant.

In the photo, two young smiling faces appeared in front of everyone.

Lawrence's expression changed slightly. Although the seal of the pendant was very good, part of it was slightly distorted after being soaked in water for a long time.

"Gail?!"

Lawrence recognized the face, "Michelle, come and see, is this the first witness who spotted the monster?"

Michelle looked at the photo in the pendant and nodded without hesitation.

"That's right, it's him!"

Everyone was puzzled. This guy has been missing for a long time. Could it be that Wolfe really killed him?

Before everyone recovered from their doubts, there was a burst of heart-piercing screams from the periphery of the factory!

12