Chapter 181. Pretending
148 0 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Not good! It's the night watch staff!"

Cain's face changed suddenly, he cursed carelessly in his heart, and quickly ran towards the direction of the sound.

"Beach, you and Carl stay here to dispose of the body, the others follow me!"

Although Cain's speed was fast, there was someone who was faster than him among the people present. Almost the moment the screams sounded, Roger had already rushed out.

From the perspective of physical strength alone, he is undoubtedly the strongest among them all. As soon as Cain finished speaking, Roger rushed out of the sewage room.

"This kid is so fast!"

There was a flash of surprise in Cain's eyes, but he soon came back to his senses and called everyone to speed up.

Roger threw the other people behind him a long distance away, and when he left the area and ran outside, he could just see the three staff members of the night watch shouting at the top of their lungs.

Because of the angle, the place where the three of them looked was blocked by a building. Roger speeded up, climbed over the fence, and soon saw the figure walking towards the three of them in the dark.

That figure was completely hidden in the darkness, it didn't seem to be in a hurry to kill the three staff members, but was slowly approaching at a slow speed.

Green smoke swirls around him, and the surface of the toad-like body is covered with pustules. The three staff members have completely lost their minds in shock.

Immediately afterwards, they didn't know what stimulated them, and they rolled into a ball, attacking each other crazily!

The night couldn't block Roger's sight, he clearly saw what was happening in the distance, and the next moment, he drew his weapon and rushed forward like a sharp arrow leaving the string!

"Is this the monster the workers once saw?"

Cain and others also rushed to the scene. Seeing the green figure in the distance, Lawrence's expression changed, and he raised the gun in his hand without hesitation.

"Don't do it!"

"He's not a monster!"

Hearing the sound of footsteps behind him, Roger shouted loudly, but it was not Lawrence who was the first to move when he heard his shout, but the green figure hidden in the darkness.

"He wants to escape!"

Lawrence ignored Roger's words and pulled the trigger on the black figure!

One second before the sound of the gunshot, Roger had already rushed out and kicked the green figure at the ankle.

Boom!

The running figure fell down in response, and then a bullet grazed the opponent's scalp and hit the iron gate in the distance.

Roger stepped on the fallen figure, turned around and glared.

"I said before, he is not a monster, don't kill it!"

Just now, he only needed to slow down for a moment, and now he was stepping on a corpse.

"The monster was about to run away just now."

"Besides, why should I listen to you?"

Lawrence's face darkened, he was the youngest in the whole team, and he was also the demon hunter with the best marksmanship.

The rest of the team took good care of him on weekdays, so he was naturally a little annoyed when he was questioned face to face by Roger.

"Open your eyes and look carefully!"

Roger didn't explain, but bent down and pulled hard.

Crackling!

With the sound of tearing, Roger tore off a specially made shell, and under the shell, a pale man with an unshaven beard appeared in front of everyone.

"Gail?"

Lawrence's face changed. The man in front of him was obviously the first witness, but since he was lying here, whose body was in the sewage room?

"What happened?"

Beach ran over from a distance, and was slightly taken aback when he saw Gail lying on the ground, "Carl has notified Wolfe that he is driving here."

Cain's expression changed slightly, he seemed to understand something.

"Clean up the corpses and find an empty workshop."

He glanced at Roger.

"I apologize to you for Lawrence's impulsiveness. If it weren't for you, he would have accidentally killed someone by now."

Lawrence's face was flushed, and he wanted to say something, but because of his face, he just stood aside silently.

The prop that Gail was wearing did not know whom he asked to make it for him, and it was enough to be fake in the dark.

If it weren't for the fact that Roger's eyes were like night owls during the exercise, he might have been mistaken by Gail in the first place.

"You are really brave, aren't you afraid of being shot in the head?"

Roger lifted Gail off the ground.

The middle-aged man who seemed a little panicked just now struggled violently, "Even if I die, I will make that beast Wolfe pay the price!"

"Let's go."

Cain sullenly said, "Before Wolfe comes, we need to find out what happened here?"

The three workers who were still struggling in the panic were separated by Beach. The three were frightened, and they were unwilling to stay in the factory any longer, and they drove to the factory in a hurry, regardless of their injuries. Drive in the direction of the town.

In the workshop.

"Tell me, what's going on with all this?"

"It turns out that there are no so-called monsters at all. You are the one who messed up all of this."

Cain's expression was ugly. His team had completed many missions around Bordeaux, but this was the first time they encountered something like this.

If it wasn't for Roger...

That shot from Lawrence would have killed the guy.

Although they are demon hunters, they are also citizens of the Menian Federation and will also be bound and sanctioned by law.

Even if there is a way to escape the past, no matter how you say it, you need to pay some price.

"Do you know this pendant?"

Beach put the pendant taken from the body in front of Gail's eyes, and when he saw the picture inside, Gail felt sad.

"Marisa!"

"My Marisa!"

He cried loudly, "Where is she?"

"Take me to see her quickly."

Beach expressionlessly pointed to the corpse in the distance.

Gail burst into tears.

"I knew it, it had been so long and there was still no news of him, I knew it..."

The expression on his face suddenly became ferocious.

"It must be that bastard Wolfe!"

"It's not been a day or two since he coveted Marisa's body, it must be him!"

Hearing this, Cain exchanged glances with the other team members.

This Marisa is Gail's wife, and the woman who was rumored to have an affair with Wolfe during the investigation by Carl and others.

"You mean Wolfe forced Marisa?"

Carl asked.

"Shit!"

"That's all a lie spread by Wolfe!"

Gail wiped away tears.

"He is a cunning beast. He knows what kind of rumors people like to hear the most. The population of this small town is limited, and there are too few interesting things."

Gail smiled miserably, "What could be more interesting than discussing the affair of the neighbor's woman?"

A look of doubt flashed across Carl's face.

"Your wife is missing, didn't you call the police?"

"Call the police? What's the use of calling the police without evidence?"

Boom!

At this moment, the door of the workshop was pushed open, and Wolfe walked in with a face full of alcohol.

"Why are you calling me here for so late?"

But then, his expression changed, and he saw Gail sitting aside.

"Why are you here?"

10