Chapter 182. Who Died?
154 1 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Mr. Wolfe, don't you think you need to give us a little explanation?"

Cain suppressed his anger.

"Explain?"

Wolfe's face was flushed red, and a large amount of alcohol was spitting out of his mouth. His attitude at this time changed from his cautiousness during the day, and he became a little irritable under the stimulation of alcohol.

"Who will explain to me?"

"Banks are urging me, customers are urging me, even you..."

Wolfe pointed at Cain.

"I paid you to come here not for explanation, but for results!"

Cain took a few deep breaths, "We all need to calm down, now I just want to ask you, what's going on with Gail?"

"Did you already know that the monster that appeared in the factory was pretended by this guy?"

"That's why he hid a lot of things from us."

This question is very critical, combined with the corpse on the ground, if Wolfe really knows that the monster in the factory is Gail pretending to be, but still lets them come here for investigation.

Then Wolfe's motivation is very intriguing.

Is he using the hands of himself and others to get rid of Gail?

Thinking of this possibility, anger welled up on Cain's face.

If it wasn't for Roger, Lawrence would have killed Gail just now impulsively, and the situation would be difficult to deal with at that time.

From this, Cain associated more.

This Wolfe called them here, perhaps not to get rid of the so-called monster at all, but to get rid of Gail!

As for why the dead Marisa turned into a monster, in Cain's view, it was very common.

"This man said you killed his wife."

Cain pointed to the corpse on the ground.

"This thing crawled out of the sewage pipe. You won't tell me that she accidentally fell into it and drowned?"

"Marisa?!"

Wolfe's eyes widened, and the wine on his face faded completely.

"Impossible! How could she crawl out of the sewage pipe?"

"Nothing is impossible."

Cain explained.

"Under special circumstances, people who died unjustly are likely to mutate in the catalysis of energy."

"Most of the monsters you see are formed this way."

Wolfe was still a little dazed, at this moment, Gail rushed up and punched Wolfe on the bridge of the nose.

"Crack!"

Wolfe screamed and wrestled with Gail.

Cain winked, and Lawrence separated the two angrily. He struck with great strength. After suffering the pain, both of them calmed down.

"It was you, you killed Marisa!"

Gail yelled loudly.

"Now that I have a corpse, you can go to jail!"

Roger watched the farce in the arena, but didn't say anything. He frowned, always feeling that something was wrong.

"Marisa's death has nothing to do with me."

"I have never seen that woman! And I have no idea that the monster in the factory is pretended by this guy!"

Wolfe argued loudly.

"Do you think that if you hide it well, others won't know?"

Wolfe sneered, "Don't pretend to be a victim and keep chasing me, don't you want money?"

The expression on Cain's face turned cold, "Mr. Wolfe, you can settle the matter here yourself, I will give you a truthful feedback on your matter, if I were you, it's best to find a reliable lawyer for yourself now. "

Cain waved.

"Let's go!"

After speaking, he led everyone to the door, but to Cain's surprise, Roger stood still and did not move.

"It shouldn't be that simple."

Roger looked at Cain and the others.

"The traces I saw near the sewage pipes are real, which shows that monsters did come here once."

"The real monster has been killed by us, and what the other workers see is just that Gail in disguise."

Lawrence said.

After a period of relaxation, his attitude towards Roger changed drastically. Although he didn't say anything, he was actually grateful to Roger in his heart.

He almost became a murderer.

"That's different."

Roger shook his head.

"I've seen that corpse, and the way it moves doesn't leave traces of what it was before."

"So the real monster should still exist, maybe still hiding in the sewage pipe!"

"Carl once said that after the second attack, Wolfe sent someone to shut down the pipeline."

"You really saw the monster, didn't you?"

Roger said to Gail.

Gail was taken aback for a moment, but nodded quickly.

"Certainly. After Marisa disappeared, the police treated it as an ordinary disappearance. I couldn't find evidence and I had to search desperately by myself."

"Then I saw the monster in the darkness near the sewage room."

"He is about two meters tall, his body is emitting a foul smell, and the surface of his body is covered with large and small pustules."

"But it left without seeing me."

"I told everyone about it, but unfortunately no one wanted to believe me, they all laughed at me as crazy."

"But it didn't take long for six other people to witness this incident, and now the incident was completely spread, and many people left the factory, and the factory entered a state of shutdown, which cost Wolfe a lot of money."

"After a few more days, no monsters appeared again, so I thought of a way to pretend to be a monster myself, and customized this special thing. At the same time, I used some methods and drugs secretly."

"But unfortunately, this matter has not been exposed." He glanced at Wolfe.

"I only did this once, the other two have nothing to do with me."

Gail explained.

Roger nodded.

"The first two times they saw real monsters. After that, Wolfe closed the passage, and Gail created the third attack."

"Although I don't know the real purpose of Mr. Wolfe's mission, at least for now, the real monster has not been eliminated, and the crisis here has not been resolved."

"Ream leader."

Others looked at Cain.

"Take him to another room."

Cain said.

After the two left, he came to Wolfe.

"You have heard what you said just now, and the next choice is in your hands. We can understand your motives for concealing the truth, but now if you want the mission to continue."

"You have to be honest with us."

Cain stared at Wolfe.

"Did you kill that Marisa? Or what do you really know about her death?"

Wolfe's nose was broken, and half of his face was swollen like a pig's head. Hearing Cain's words, his eyes flickered but he didn't speak.

Although Cain wanted to continue the team's mission completion rate, he still planned to give up this mission after seeing Wolfe's performance.

"In this case, I'm sorry, the mission is terminated, and you can figure out the rest. By the way, the three staff members who were frightened before have already driven down the mountain."

"Words will spread quickly. You'd better be mentally prepared."

"Wait a minute!"

Wolfe's face was full of struggles, and finally, he nodded heavily.

"Marisa is indeed dead, but her death has nothing to do with me. In addition, there is no way her body appeared in the sewage pipe."

"Because I buried her in the mountain with my own hands!"

Everyone was slightly taken aback, and turned their heads to look. If the corpse on the ground wasn't Marisa, who would it be?

12