Chapter 198. Struggling
139 0 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Carl opened his mouth, but didn't make any noise, looking at Cain and Michelle who were chatting and eating not far away.

Carl knew that Beach must be normal in their eyes.

"Why? Why am I the only one who remains normal?"

Carl tried to calm himself down.

Before entering the house, everyone has checked the house, there are no evil spirits, and no other messy remnants. It behaves like an ordinary cabin in the woods.

But why did such a weird thing happen later?

"Correct!"

"It must be this cabin!"

Carl suddenly realized something.

He recalled that after entering the house, Cain had assigned him to leave here to look ahead.

The moment Cain gave the order, Carl felt dissatisfied.

Know that this sentiment is extremely abnormal among this long-suffering team.

The members of the team have known each other for several years, and even Lawrence, who joined the team last, has known each other for a year.

Although Cain is not an excellent leader, he is fair and cares about the members of the team. In comparison, he is already the best candidate for the captain.

After a long period of running-in, the team has become very harmonious. When performing tasks, everyone will subconsciously follow Cain's command.

"But why, I felt dissatisfied at that time?"

"What is my dissatisfaction? Yes, I don't want to leave this room, I want to stay here forever!"

Carl felt as if he had caught something, but then there was a moment of dizziness in his brain, as if something wanted to force his way into his mind.

"Stay away from here, only by staying far away from here can I regain my sanity!"

Carl grasped the key, but at the same time he also figured out another problem.

Beach is a pure witcher, focusing on physical training, but not mentally.

Carl tried hard to recall that when he left, Beach also left the room. He was sent by Cain to find the water source, so he should not have left too far.

"If this monster has the ability to kill Beach alone, why didn't it attack me?"

With his head in a mess, Carl knew he had to leave the house immediately.

"Hey, Cain, I was just joking with you just now. No one is looking forward. Once the people from the Voodoo Association come here, we will be very dangerous."

Carl approached the door as he spoke.

"Snapped!"

Beach's big handprint is on Carl's shoulder.

"It's not long before dawn, you need to take a good rest, just leave it to me!"

Then he sat Carl down on the ground involuntarily.

Carl struggled and looked at Cain, with the last thought in his heart, "Listen to Cain, it's easy for others to find here at dawn."

"We have to find a more secluded place in the last dark hour before dawn, so I suggest everyone leave together!"

"Um……"

After listening to Carl's words, Cain nodded thoughtfully.

"It seems to be true."

"What's the point?"

Beach's voice came from behind.

"The most dangerous place is the safest place. Anyone can find it after dawn. As long as you guard the pass and observe the surrounding movements, this place is safer than other places."

"Besides, everyone has suffered serious injuries and needs to recuperate. We might as well rest here for a day and find a way out at night."

Beach analyzed it seriously.

"It seems to make sense."

Michelle echoed, and she ate what she was holding while talking.

Is it true that the more you eat, the more affected you are?

At this moment, he finally understood that Cain and Michelle had been completely bewitched, and as they ate, they would sink deeper and deeper until they finally lost themselves completely.

After a long time, will I also become a nutrient in the field, and then become a meal for the next wave of guests.

Throwing this terrible idea out of his mind, Carl tried hard to find a way to crack it.

"Yes, find a way to leave this house, as long as they leave this room, they should be able to return to normal soon."

In desperation, Carl came up with the last solution, and he stood up suddenly from the ground.

"I also think what Beach said makes sense. I'll leave the matter to you. I'll go out and pee, and then I'll come back and have a good rest."

"No problem."

Beach opened his mouth wide.

"I just want to go out, let's go together!"

Carl looked at the familiar face in front of him and didn't know what to say for a while.

"If he could kill Beach so easily, why didn't he just kill us? Did you get seriously injured when you killed Beach?"

"Or is it that this monster has no attack power at all and can only affect our spirit through the house?"

Countless thoughts were intertwined in my mind, and the next moment a crazy idea popped up!

The two walked to the door, and Carl noticed that Beach picked up the hoe on the side again.

But at this moment, Cain's voice came from behind.

"Carl, wait for me. When you said it just now, I suddenly felt a little bit, and it happened to be together!"

A burst of ecstasy rose in Carl's heart, and he quickly turned around and nodded at Cain.

"Leave this house, as long as you leave this house, you still have a chance!"

Carl concentrated his mental strength, and he decided that as soon as Cain stepped out of this room, he would cast a spiritual guidance, and he must find a way to wake Cain up.

Beach walked in front, Carl followed him, and Cain was the last.

"Snapped."

After closing the door, a fish belly could be vaguely seen in the distance.

It won't be long before the sun comes up.

There was a flash of clarity in Cain's eyes, and he seemed to be a little confused about his current state.

"It's still not safe here, we should leave as soon as possible."

Carl, who had been preparing for a long time, was about to turn his head and activate his psionic guidance, but at this moment Beach, who was walking in front, let out a scream, and he fell to the ground with a plop, his face turning pale.

"Carl, stop! Are you crazy!?"

"I'm not a monster!"

Hearing Beach's screams, Cain was immediately attracted to all the attention, he stepped forward and grabbed Carl's collar.

"What are you doing?!"

Regardless of the explanation, Carl was about to activate the spiritual guidance in a hurry, but then a sharp pain came from his face.

Click!

The nasal bone is shattered, and there are stars in the eyes.

Bang bang!

Carl's physical fitness was only a little better than ordinary people. After being punched in the face twice in a row, he immediately lost his ability to resist.

At this time, Beach behind him stopped screaming just right.

"Carl must have been invaded by an unknown evil spirit, quickly carry him into the house, and let's check him."

There was a sharp pain in the back of the neck, and Carl seemed to hear Beach's deep laughter before he passed out.

"It's over, we're all over!"

9