Chapter 202. The Trial of Grasses
175 0 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Opening his eyes, abundant physical strength poured into his body again.

Roger got up and got out of bed, he took a deep breath, still had some dull pain in his chest and abdomen, hesitated for a while, and took out a little bit of the magical cow's spinal cord from the storage box.

He found this dose from the magical cow's corpse, but Roger did not use it immediately, but took out all the materials from the storage box.

A table was full of various materials, witch grass, yam, long-leaf plantain, datura root, thatch grass...

Of course, there are also the three most important supernatural materials, the spinal fluid of the magical cow, the poison gland of the toad prince, and the tongue of the demon spirit.

These three extraordinary materials are important components of the green grass potion.

Roger needs to use these three ingredients as the base to configure mother's tears, wild rye juice, and thatch juice.

The administration of the medicine is divided into three stages.

In the first stage, he needs to drink the wild rye juice prepared from the poisonous glands of the toad monster. During this process, the powerful toxicity will completely destroy the body's defense system.

At that time, all kinds of hidden dangers will erupt in one brain. If you can survive this stage, you can drink the next thatch juice.

If the first stage is destruction, then the second stage is alienation.

The internal rhythm of the body will be transformed, and from this moment on, Roger will basically bid farewell to his human identity.

His brain and soul may still belong to human beings, but in terms of body structure, he has become another species completely.

And this stage is also the stage with the highest mortality rate.

Because in the first stage, the defense system once built by the witcher has been completely destroyed, their resistance to viruses and the invasion of foreign objects is not even as good as that of an ordinary person.

Once the process of alienation begins, it is irreversible. This process is accompanied by inhuman torture, and the pain suffered by the witcher will be several times that of before!

In addition, the second stage is also the most uncontrollable stage among the three stages.

No one knows what tendencies the witcher's body will be transformed into during this phase.

Even the psychological shadow formed by most demon hunters after passing the trial of grasses is caused at this stage.

So far, more than half of the time has passed.

Next will be the third stage.

Mother's tears are mixed with the spinal fluid of witch grass and magical cow. After the first two stages, the witcher's body has almost been broken up, and the injected spinal fluid will rebuild a new body for him!

Stronger and sharper than ever!

It's a complete rebirth.

But at the same time, no one can predict what changes will happen to the witcher after refactoring.

They might have sharper ears than animals, stronger lungs than fish, and even an extra heart!

So far, the Trial of Grasses is completely over, and after passing this stage, Roger will become a qualified witcher.

Closing his eyes, he sorted out the whole stage in his mind. He didn't rush to configure the potion immediately. Roger slowly thought about the various situations that might be encountered during the trial.

Food, emergency medicine, everything he could think of was prepared one by one.

After doing all this, he stood up and prepared the medicine in an orderly manner.

It's been a while since I've been in this world, and it's no longer difficult for Roger to prepare potions.

His hands are as steady as a machine, and his control over his muscles is far superior to that of a normal person. There was no accident during the whole process. It didn't take long for Roger to prepare three potions.

Arrange them in order.

Wild rye juice, thatch sap, mother's tears.

"Sigh……"

Getting ready, Roger let out a long breath, and took out a steel neck ring from the storage box.

Pour the two medicines into the grooves on the iron ring.

It was something Roger had asked Clayter to build for him.

The process of the Trial of Grasses was extremely painful, and once it started, it couldn't end halfway, but Roger didn't know how much consciousness he could retain during this process.

Even in the middle of the process, he may give up voluntarily because of pain.

When it really came to that point, his only ending was a physical breakdown, or mental disorder, and reduced him to a walking dead.

And the contraption Clayter had built for him was to prevent that.

The first two stages of the Trial of Grasses lasted about two days, and the last stage lasted for three days.

The built-in timing mechanism will start after Roger injects the first potion.

When the countdown ends, the second dose will be automatically injected into his carotid artery, and then the third.

Roger is not like the witcher in the game who is doing the Trial of Grasses. They have mentors to take care of them. Roger is alone. He has to think about what happened when he was unconscious or unable to inject the potion.

"Crack!"

The neck ring was closed, and the cool metal was attached to the skin. Roger moved a little, making sure that it would not cause oppression and suffocation.

There was still a little hidden danger in his body, so he took out the remaining spinal fluid and drank it with his head up.

There was a burst of scorching heat inside the body, and after waiting quietly for half an hour, the faint burning pain in the chest and abdomen completely disappeared.

"Terrible effect!"

Taking a deep breath, Roger activated the timing mechanism on his neck, and at the same time stabbed the needle in his hand into his chest.

The heart was instantly punctured, and a green solution was injected into it!

Yes, the damage to the body in the first stage starts from the heart!

Suppressing the pain in his body, Roger let go of his spirit, and the next second, the liquid in the needle rushed into his heart like a living thing, and then flowed through the whole body with the blood in the beating.

The trial officially began.

From body to spirit, only those who have survived this cruelest stage are eligible to become true witchers!

They may be crazy or perverse, but each of them has experienced hell-like torture.

"Bang bang bang!"

The heart was beating violently, and the strong toxin resistance that Roger had formed before became the greatest resistance at this stage.

He was in much more pain than normal at this point, concentrating, Roger trying to suppress his body's resistance to the toxin.

"Hurry up, hurry up!"

In the beginning, his heart was still beating like a war drum, but gradually as the toxin invaded, his internal organs began to fail to varying degrees.

Roger felt short of breath. Every time he took a breath, there was a burning pain in his entire airway. Gradually, the interval between breaths became longer and longer.

Sometimes he opened his mouth so wide that he couldn't draw in a puff of air.

This is only a preliminary change, and then the eyes become cloudy, and the scene in front of him, like a canvas soaked in water, spreads out a little bit.

He couldn't hear any sound anymore, and Roger was lying on the ground, feeling that he was gradually losing control of his body.

Slowly the pain disappeared.

He couldn't even feel his own existence except for his active mind.

"What happened?"

The brain becomes drowsy and consciousness begins to fade.

.......

Shameless unwanted suggestion from the author: If you wanna read 50+ advanced chapters of my both of books, check out my Patreon page, please...

patreon.com/KarmaLord

11