Chapter 216. Awakening
139 0 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Shua!"

Roger shook the blood off the sword and sheathed it.

The whole process was simpler than he had imagined. Even if he encountered two witches at the Waxing Moon level, Roger opened the Sign of Quen, resisted one of the attacks, and rushed up quickly.

Three swords hacked one of them to death, and the remaining one soon followed in the footsteps of the former.

Only at this moment did Roger clearly feel the power brought to him by the Trial of Grasses.

According to the evaluation of the hunter's hut, the witcher who has passed the trial of grasses has just stepped into the Transcendence realm.

But compared to other Transcendence combat powers, Roger was much, much stronger.

Especially the Crescent Moon Witch, it would be fine if she had prepared in advance.

But once they lose the opportunity and are attacked by Roger, at most three swords can smash their witch bodies and take their lives.

The Sign of Quen played a key role in this. The crescent moon level attack could withstand at least one or two attacks. With this moment of respite, it was enough for Roger to kill them several times.

The power of the sign can be seen.

This is just one of them, if Roger learns other signs, integrates them, and integrates them into swordsmanship.

That will bring about a qualitative change!

However, once the Sign of Quen is broken, it will bring a certain degree of mental backlash, which will not only consume a lot of mental power, but also cause severe pain, which will make Roger unable to activate the second sign in a short time.

"In a short period of time, the improvement of spiritual power will become the focus of practice."

Now Roger has also found out why the status of witchers is so low in the extraordinary world.

Mental strength.

Possessing a strong physique but no matching mental power will make a witcher become strong on the outside but capable on the inside when facing high-end combat power.

Sometimes a simple mental disturbance can make precise spear skills useless, and even to the extreme, it may become a knife in the hands of the enemy.

Confirming that the surrounding enemies have been cleaned up, Roger stepped into the cave.

Gulu Gulu.

There was the sound of bubbles bursting in the cave, and Roger slowly approached and came to the big pit in the central area.

The solution, like flesh and blood, was tumbling.

Just now Roger had checked the stone house he had been to, but unfortunately found nothing.

The cave in front of him is already the last hope.

As if sensing Roger's approach, the solution at the bottom was tumbling.

Boom!

A purple plant popped out of the solution.

The height of the whole plant is nearly 5 meters. On its purple trunk, there are dense green pustules.

Looking carefully, there is a lifeless face imprisoned under each pustule.

Roger didn't pay much attention to it at first, but when the monster in front of him was twisting, he accidentally saw one of its faces.

"Gail?!"

"What happened?"

Faintly, he seemed to grasp something.

"Sending the so-called seeds here must not be just for simple feeding. What is hidden in them is their real purpose."

With a flash of inspiration in his mind, Roger suddenly thought of hearing the conversation between Aurora and Joseph at the Wolf Factory.

"Could it be that the woman they're talking about is Marisa..."

"She sacrificed her soul in exchange for short-lived joy and the revenge of the Frog Prince. Her lost soul is of no use to the Voodoo Association."

"But how did Marisa get into Wolfe's Factory?"

Some small details that were not noticed collided together. Wolfe once said that he buried Marisa's body behind the villa. If what he said was true...

Does that mean there is another way out to reality near the Wolfe factory?

"Hiss!"

The purple plant looks like a coconut tree as a whole, except that its branches are thicker and covered with distorted faces.

At the top of the torso is a huge flower bud, around which are flying sharp tentacles the size of an arm.

"Snapped!"

The yellow-green buds bloomed suddenly, the core was a circle of spikes like blades, and then the buds rolled outwards like a beast's mouth, and a skull-sized sarcoid drilled out behind layers of sharp teeth.

When Roger took a closer look, the sarcoma looked like a sutured head. From the little soul breath remaining on the sarcoma, Roger felt familiar fluctuations.

"It's Aurora and Julian!"

The sarcoma's face is like the two faces of Aurora and Julian chopped up and then spliced ​​together.

Naturally, it is not needles and threads used to suture the wound, but thin and long white silkworms. Part of the worm connects the broken parts, and the other part continuously drills in and out of the skull.

The fat and white body twisted like maggots in carrion.

"What the hell is this? The Voodoo Association has deliberately guarded here, what is it for?"

Activate the mechanism on the scabbard, and the high-concentration oily substance is evenly sprayed on the sword body, a little spark flashes across the sword body, and the next second, the flames soar into the sky.

Immediately afterwards, Roger took out the dominoes that he carried with him, his thoughts penetrated into it, and he quickly got a response.

Ka Ka Ka!

The dominoes in his hand shrank into a ball, and the next second, the light bloomed, and Anna's figure appeared on the spot.

"What is this place?"

Anna looked around suspiciously.

"It smells so familiar..."

Compared with the last time they met, Anna's figure became more solid at this time, and even part of it was almost no different from ordinary people.

Although Roger was curious, he did not reach out to touch rashly. The friendship between him and this female neighbor was far from reaching that stage.

However, if Anna continues to evolve, will she become no different from ordinary people one day, and then her friendliness will be overwhelmed...

The evil thought flashed away, and Roger quickly straightened his expression.

"Have you ever been here?"

As soon as he finished speaking, the monster in the distance had already launched an attack.

The ugly head retracted into the body, and then the tentacles around the petals attacked in front of the body.

"I hate this stuff!"

Anna frowned, and suddenly disappeared into the air, and when she reappeared, she had already reached the top of the monster's head.

She raised an arm, and the bones on her arm were as bright as jade.

At this moment, Roger finally sees Anna's attack method clearly.

"Shua!"

A pure white, huge palm appeared out of thin air. Anna screamed, and pressed down with the palm, from top to bottom, leaving several hideous wounds on the monster's body.

The monster's body twisted, the face attached to the torso exploded, let out a whine, and disappeared in mid-air.

At the same time, in the River Valley Town Hospital in the real world, someone suddenly opened his eyes in the heavily guarded special isolation room.

Although there was a flash of confusion in his eyes, after a few breaths, the awakened person still uttered his first sentence in a few days.

"Where am I?"

12