Chapter 228. Communication
128 0 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Miles left with an elegant demeanor. Even if he didn't understand the cause and effect, Roger could still feel the pride conveyed by the other party.

"What happened?"

"It seems that the so-called exchange meeting is not as smooth as you said."

Hathaway's mood was still a little depressed.

"All right."

She put away the cards on the table.

"I have to admit it, Roger. Its accuracy is really surprising." Talking about divination, Hathaway's mood eased a little.

"I thought you'd attribute it all to coincidence."

"In the world of psychics there are no coincidences, everything is fate."

Heather sighed slightly.

"Remember the exchange meeting I mentioned to you just now?"

"This exchange meeting was initiated by the famous dreamer Egger. The external publicity is to promote the research and exchange of divination in the psionic school."

"In fact, this is just one of the purposes of the exchange meeting. In addition, this is also a rare opportunity. Those who come to the exchange meeting are all young people who have just become psychics for a short time."

"Ms. Egger will find a young man to be her student, and follow her to learn about spiritual power and divination."

"At the beginning of the exchange meeting, some of the spirituality I showed in divination caught the attention of Ms. Egger, but during the follow-up investigation, something happened."

"After the exchange meeting ended that day, someone came to my door, hoping that I could withdraw from the exchange meeting."

"Later, I learned from other communicators that Miles' sister is one of Ms. Egger's three disciples."

"It's not an ordinary student, but a disciple who can gain real knowledge and experience."

"It is said that his sister fought for this exchange meeting, and everything we have seen is paving the way for her younger brother."

"The person who found me that day was naturally also sent by his sister."

"This Miles actually has real skills. I may not be able to win him in a fair competition. It's just that although this guy looks polite, this kind of coercion behind the scenes..."

Hathaway shook her head.

"Although I want to join the psionic school, I don't want to cause myself some trouble because of it. I feel very irritable, so I ran to the bar to have a few drinks."

Hathaway shrugged.

"Then I met you, with everything that happened just now."

"You won. My mood has indeed changed from sunny to cloudy now. A pleasant evening has been ruined just like that."

It can be seen that although Hathaway's mood has eased a little, the original good interest has disappeared.

"Exchange? How many days are left?"

"Three days." Hathaway replied.

Roger smiled, "Do you want to be that Ms. Egger's student?"

"Of course I would, but Miles' sister..."

"Don't think about his sister's influence. If his sister really has that much influence, then she can make her younger brother a student of Ms. Egger without this exchange meeting."

"When you encounter such a thing, it can only show that although her influence is there, it is not as strong as you think."

"Do you want to win a big one?"

Roger put away all the cards.

"Do you want to become Ms. Egger's disciple directly?"

Roger knocked on the table, pointed to the Gwent card placed on it and said, "There are still three days, enough time, three days, you and me, and this deck of Gwent cards, we are enough to bring the whole exchange meeting, there's going to be a huge commotion."

"By then everything will fall into place!"

"Us?"

Hathaway still hesitated.

"Why, don't you believe in my ability? Or do you not believe in the divination results of Gwent cards?"

At this time, Roger seemed full of confidence. He was blind to the divination effect of the Gwent card without specific practice, and it was based on his trust in the hunter's hut.

But what happened just now, at a precise point in time, the Gwent card successfully divined the desired result, with a frighteningly high accuracy rate.

With this set of complete and advanced divination theories, plus 4 sets of mature Gwent cards, Roger is confident that he will sweep the entire exchange meeting in the next three days.

He's going to turn all the young psychics who attend the meetups into Gwent lunatics.

"In order for someone to play poker with me, I had to change the world."

"Oh, it's really hard for me."

After listening to Roger's words, the light in Hathaway's eyes became brighter and brighter.

"What are you going to do?"

"To be honest, if it wasn't for my trust in you, I would have already left when you opened up the battle."

"It doesn't seem to have anything to do with divination, it's too much like a game."

"If we put it on the table like this tomorrow, I don't think anyone would want to try it."

"There will not even be anyone who will take the initiative to ask and understand."

No divination has a 100% success rate, and the accuracy shown in the divination just now is already surprising enough.

As a separate and complete divination technique, it is actually enough. The only thing Hathaway is worried about is the performance of the Gwent card.

"What is like, it's just a game at all."

Thinking in his heart, but comforting Hathaway on his mouth.

"Don't worry, leave everything to me."

"It's very late, and I have to attend the exchange meeting tomorrow, so I'll take you back."

There are still important things to do.

Finally, Roger silently added another sentence in his heart.

"All right."

Hathaway's mood returned to normal, and she was not affected by seeing Miles when she left.

The streets of Caxton were brightly lit, and the nightlife of the whole city seemed to have just begun. On the way back, Hathaway asked Roger a lot about the operation principle of Gwent cards and the knowledge of how to solve them.

The more she knew, the more surprised the expression on Hathaway's face became.

The huge world, complex character relationships and personalities are interlocking. This is definitely not a job that can be completed by one person in a day or two.

In this regard, Roger still pushed the credit to the ancestors who did not exist at all.

Hathaway lived in a nearby hotel, not far from the cafe. The two slowed down and took more than 20 minutes to return to the hotel.

"Okay, I'll send you back to the hotel, my mission is complete."

Roger stood at the door, and he saw the flames dancing in the eyes of the girl opposite.

The next second, the neck tightened, and the whole person was brought into the room by a sudden force.

Hathaway moved closer to Roger's ear.

"Mission completed? No baby, your mission has just begun."

The two quickly entered the state, and Hathaway suddenly remembered something during the fierce fight.

"Before starting the game of Gwent just now, what was your divination question?"

Roger's eyes flickered for a moment, but he replied truthfully:

"Aren't we doing it now?"

"Shameless!"

Hathaway scolded, "I should have kicked you out just now!"

11