(another) Announcement – rewrite complete
1.4k 0 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I know I've mentioned it a few times (especially if you've seen my profile posts on Scribblehub), but it has finally happened :)

I have gone through, and rewritten the first half of chapter one, which was in dire need of such. It was a good first effort, but it certainly wasn't my best piece of writing and had some glaring issues ignoring my early style. That has all been fixed now, the opening to the novel a lot more solid, without any strange info dumps and perspective changes, and more closely matching my current writing style. I am truly flattered at the number of people who read it and then went on to read the rest of the novel, but at the same time, there were a lot of people for whom that was as far as they went.

The rewritten version of the first part of chapter one has been uploaded, and clocks in at an extra 900 words above the original. The remainder of chapter one has also been reviewed and up loaded, but like the rest of the novel, only had some minor edits and consistency changes (though I did change/alter all of the characters thoughts to match the style that I use). There is no major changes to the plot, though the characters backgrounds is better presented, and I have changed Dragon Kin to dracokin to avoid any potential confusion.

As to where from here for this novel I am not sure. I am toying with self publishing it on amazon kindle, or the like, but first I need to fix the formatting on my master file - remove all of the massive paragraphs, and format more akin to a web novel than a traditional one. I have started on that, but it will take some time. [Update - I ended up keeping with the traditional format for the kindle version of this book. Soul Flames has the more friendly webnovel format for the kindle version.]

Writing on Soul Flames is going well, with the current arc (4.5, it was meant to be a side arc, but it is integral to the plot) sitting at 30k. I am also waiting for some art to be done as well.

Anyways, thank you all for reading and your support and comments. Feel free to read the update if it takes your fancy, otherwise I'll hopefully see you at Soul Flames :)

17