Chapter 66 – Two Months. Creating Divine Relics.
2.6k 8 40
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Two months later...

I sat cross-legged in silent meditation, my mind as calm as the lake under me. Yes, I am above the lake, and no, I am not sitting on the water. I am sitting in the air, floating around 5 meters above the calm waters, and various floating water shapes surround me.

The first shape was a tetrahedron, surrounded by three increasingly large water rings. Orbiting those rings were dozens of water balls, circling me without hitting each other.

In the recesses of my memory, I recalled the information about the Ascended Intersect from analyzing myself.

 

 

Name: Gulliver Goodman (Ic'thotl'itrod's Incarnation)

Race: Ascended Intersect (Orthodox Pseudo God 3)

Species: Kin (Human/Flora/Fungus hybrid)

Age: 3 months (rebirth)

Lifespan: 800,000 (8(Immortal Body 3)* 100,000(Original))

Gender: Male

Body Type: Human

Intelligence Level: Superintelligence I

Mental Energy: 6,400,000 (8(Immortal Soul 3)*800,000(Original))

Willpower: 371 years standard

Notable Racial Characteristics: Superior Overall Performance, High Pain Tolerance, Impenetrable Mind, Superior Vitality, Superior Regeneration, Inherited Knowledge, High Evolutionary Potential, Superintelligence I, Reality Energy Sustenance, Fast Digestion, High Energy Crystal, Crippled Crystal Network, Authority Invalidated, Limited Unreality Perception, High Reality Perception, High Rule Bending, Limited Physics Manipulation, Limited Corruption Immunity, Superior Corruption Resistance, Limited Unreality Resistance, Divinity Pressure Resistance

Granted Affinities: Energy 8, Energy Pathing 4, Energy Infusion 4, Senses Enhancement 4, Body Tempering 4, Body Manipulation 4, Mental 6, Mental Pathing 4, Mental Infusion 4, Mental Perception 4, Mental Tempering 4, Mental Manipulation 4, Fire 4, Water 4, Earth 4, Wind 4, Lightning 4.

Integrated Divine Characteristics: True Tongue 3, Unreality Affinity 3, Void Affinity 3, Space Affinity 3, True Sun Affinity 3, Immortal Body 3, Immortal Soul 3, Divinity 3

Stable Evolutionary Branches: Ascended Intersect II, Ascended Etherian

Description: Although technically an Ascended and Kin, the Ascended Intersect is of a class of its own, a symbol of extreme genetic engineering into the realms of unreality. Although barely considered an unreality race, the Ascended Intersect is a mighty being, able to partially manipulate the laws of physics to his will and gain the ability to tap into the secrets of reality itself, understanding reality and the forces that govern it. Although they share the same role as the Dreamers, they are a cut above and have the right to converse and face other unreality creatures, corrupt entities, and pseudo-gods on equal terms.

Combat Ability Evaluation: The Ascended Intersect, like the Ascended Dreamer, is heavily reliant on the training he has. However, unlike the Dreamer, the Intersect has far more potent powers and can partially manipulate the laws of physics to his will. Even without his powers, the Intersect has a powerful physique and incredible fighting skills. This specimen is a pseudo-god with many granted affinities. Although he has barely tapped into a fragment of his potential and is inexperienced, he is a formidable opponent who should never be underestimated.

Training Notes: As an unreality race, a large part of their power stems from willpower, and hence, the Intersect dedicates his time to training his willpower through manipulating the world around them.

Lowest Tier Unreality Creature Note: As the weakest of unreality creatures, he has partial immunity to unreality corruption and can limitedly manipulate the laws of physics. Although they have the right to converse with other unreality creatures and pseudo-gods, they are at the bottom of the hierarchy, for they lack the means to progress forward or travel to higher realities without aid. Still, they are above mortals and are qualified henchmen to beings of a higher status.

Reproduction Notes: Being an unreality race, Ascended Intersects have a longer gestation time, reaching ten years, with only one child being born at a time. In addition, the pregnancy period is taxing on the female body, as the nutritional requirements are heavy. Because of these reasons, female Intersects are highly selective in their raising environment and partners. Male Intersects, on the other hand, have little qualms about breeding with females they find attractive, usually producing superior offspring.

 

Yes, the Ascended Intersect is outstanding, able to limitedly manipulate the laws of physics. However, it would be hard to use if I didn't have superintelligence(I didn't plan on getting it). I now understand why Tess told me that superintelligence is bad for willpower since it makes things easier. Luckily, manipulating reality is hard, so it acts as a counterbalance. I even raised my willpower by three years in two months.

With that said, no matter how great the Intersect is, it still pales to the next evolution...

 

 

Currently available evolutionary routes:

  1. Ascended Intersect II: Cost: 10,000,000,000 Evolution Energy A. 100,000,000,000 Basic Energy. Estimated Time: 1,660 hours
  2. Ascended Etherian: Cost: 1,000,000,000,000 Evolution Energy A. 10,000,000,000,000 Basic Energy. Estimated Time: 166,000 hours

 

Ascended Intersect II: The Intersect II is the generic follow-up evolution of the Intersect, having more powerful rule-bending and physics manipulation powers and control. However, despite their increased power, they are still bottom-tier unreality creatures. Not only that, their future potential is disabled, so it is a failed evolution.

 

Ascended Etherian: An Etherian is the pinnacle jewel that any race without higher reality energies could strive for. They are innately low-tier unreality creatures and gain the ability to travel in unreality to nearby realities, usually in search of higher energies. Although they are still contained in the laws of logic and reason, they can plunge deeper into the secrets of reality and achieve godhood by themselves. In terms of combat power, a well-trained Etherian can fight lesser gods.

 

Yeah, I know. It is ridiculous. The Etherian is the pinnacle of this reality, the endgame race. Although the cost is a hundred times that of the Intersect II, reaching a trillion Evolution Energy, and the time it would take to evolve is 19 years (With a 2048 times multiplier), it is, undoubtedly, overpowered by its definition, able to fight gods. Further explanation is unneeded.

I don't know when I can gather the necessary energy, much less evolve into this thing. At least, I don't think I can do it for the next few years. Not that I am pressed for time or anything, since even without rejuvenating myself, I can live for hundreds of thousands of years.

"I trained enough for today," I thought.

The next moment, I willed the water objects to descend, quietly merging with the calm lake underneath. When the water calmed down, I slowly landed and finally stepped on the water, causing the faintest ripples.

And then, as Jesus (supposedly) did, I walked on water until I reached the lake banks, where two young girls and a tall and wide-shouldered caramel-skinned woman stood.

"Primrose, Zemira, Ardynne, have you come to watch?" I calmly asked.

"That too." Primrose, now appearing nine years old, smiled and said.

"Observing your training is fascinating." Zemira, who looked several months younger, added.

"I gain inspiration from how you manipulate reality." The tall woman, Ardynne, reverently said.

"I see." I nodded. "And what do you have to report?" I asked.

"The equipment is done, Sir Iver," Zemira said.

Hearing her words, my eyes lit up.

"Good. I have waited for this moment." I smiled.

I then turned to Primrose.

"Is there anything else?" I asked.

"Yes, Iver. The last Apex Technology Island survivors have been captured and are held in special ghettos and are being interrogated. Those who committed heinous crimes are publicly executed, and the rest are detained in sterile ghettos and are awaiting your judgment. Also, all their equipment has been seized without damage." Primrose said.

"Finally, the last thorn at our side has been removed. Well done." I said.

"I didn't do anything, Iver. It was all done by others." Primrose humbly replied.

"Then give credit where it is due," I smiled.

I then turned to look at the towering, short-haired, tomboyish brunette woman. She was wide-shouldered and well-built, having decent muscles that did not diminish her feminine charm and genetically enhanced beauty. Although she had curves, they were not exaggerated, suiting her size. On her smooth forehead, a prismatic crystal shone, signifying her status as a Dreamer.

"Ardynne, have you and the others got used to your new forms?" I asked.

"It has been a bit hard, Iver. Although we can control our bodies well, we find our new emotions and bodily needs perplexing. And losing our Crystal Network is... Hard." Ardynne showed a wary smile.

Yes, believe it or not, Ardynne is Arnerd. I initially thought he would become a manly guy, but clearly, he was she, at least genetically. Accordingly, she changed her name to Ardynne, which fits a woman better. All the other Kin Rulers, now re-evolved into Dreamers, faced similar challenges.

It would likely take several more months for them to get used to it.

"That is to be expected." I nodded. "You will get used to it in due time."

"We will try," Ardynne replied.

"By the way, did you have something to say?" I asked.

"No, I just came here to watch," Ardynne admitted.

"Suit yourself. Want to go see the equipment?" I asked.

"I would be happy to." Ardynne smiled.

"Alright. Let's go back." I said and started walking.

After walking for several minutes, we arrived at the sphere. In the last few months, the sphere was decorated with religious symbols and furniture suitable for gatherings. In a nutshell, the spore spreader is not only where Primrose and I reside but is also a cathedral. Although Primrose is the so-called Empress, it is more apt to call her a Pope Empress.

Anyways...

Waiting next to the Spore Spreader were several Ascended adults next to covered tables and armor stands.

"Greetings, Sir Iver." One of the leading men bowed.

The man was lean and healthy and held an air of calmness around him. At a glance, one could tell he was a survivor since he wasn't exaggeratedly handsome but was pleasant to look at.

"Grayham... correct?" I asked, having some insight on the man.

He was the ex-leader of the first survivor base to surrender. I would usually not remember the man since I was not part of the negotiations, but someone tried to murder him over a grudge. Grayham was also the sheriff of the survivor base and became the target of hatred of many criminals. Since he came here, there have been no less than three attempts on his life. We would have suspected he instigated it without having testimony from most survivors and even hypnotizing him and the assailants.

"Thank you for remembering me, Sir Iver." Grayham's eyes lit up. "Thank you for all you did for my people."

"It was nothing. How is life these days?" I asked.

"Life here is like heaven, a true utopia. We don't need to worry about food, water, shelter, or safety..." Grayham smiled, but then it turned wary. "Well, aside from those few times,"

"So I saw." I gave an amused smile. "And what are your plans now?" I asked.

"I plan on opening a pub," Grayham said. "I worked as a barman before everything happened..." He paused slightly, his smile waning before smiling again. "Anyways, I am glad I can do what I love doing the most."

"Glad to hear it." I smiled, tactfully ignoring that pause.

The survivors had their stories, and many even chose to go through a factory reset and start new lives. I don't want to open scars, so I don't ask more questions.

And if you wonder how a pub could run in a socialistic communist hivemind, it is because it is not meant for personal gain. Believe it or not, the pubs are state-run, like all other businesses and the people are employees. Rather than for profit, the Ascended work because they can feel they contribute to the community and because of peer pressure. In an ironic twist, the Ascended work harder for self-fulfillment and peer recognition than humans do for capitalistic profit.

Of course, this is also because they are an interconnected religious hivemind with all their needs taken care of, which makes selfishness something relatively alien to them—not that they don't have it, mind you. Wanting to increase your standing among your peers is normal, but being a dick and manipulating others would quickly get detected, and you would get instant karma, usually being shunned or having reduced resources, exclusion from activities, and loss of status. Continued poor behavior could get you excommunicated.

The downline is: Contribute if you can, avoid being an ass, and you will do just fine.

"So, what brought you here?" I asked.

"I heard from Mistress Zemira that they needed some help delivering and displaying some equipment for you and needed volunteers, so I took the opportunity to thank you again in person." Grayham smiled.

"You can visit me anytime. I am here." I said.

"I didn't feel comfortable taking away your precious time..." Grayham humbly said.

"It is fine. I will visit your pub when it is finished, and we can talk freely." I smiled and turned to the table behind him. "Now... can you show me the equipment?"

"Oh, of course!" Grayham said and uncovered the cloth on the table.

On the table were melee weapons, ranging from daggers, swords, axes, claymores, halberds, and even katanas. They were made from obsidian-like material, and the hilts and pommels were made from a dark gray wooden hard material. They are covered with golden runic symbols, giving them a mysterious yet futuristic atmosphere.

Zemira stepped forward and introduced the items.

"These are the weapons our team has developed using our newest material and psionic technology. The blades are made from Syncry-Gama, a superhardened compound we developed from bio-crystals. As for the handles, they are made from the most durable parts of the Colossal Spore Spreader and received special treatment. The runes are focused on increasing durability and energy dispersion, allowing better offense and defense." She stated while pointing at each part.

"Well done." I praised her and picked up an axe. It resembled the fire axes I used back in the day but with a Viking vibe. "But was there a need to create so many weapons?"

"The main difficulty was the material and psionic research, not the making of the weapons themselves. We can make more soon." Zemira said.

"If that is the case, it's fine," I said, putting down the axe.

"Hey, Zemira?" Ardynne spoke from the side, eyeing a long sword with glowing eyes. "Can you make me one of these?"

"As Sir Iver's Honor Guard, you are entitled to our highest-grade weaponry. Naturally, we will customize weapons and armor for you." Zemira replied.

"Thank you~" Ardynne smiled widely.

Ignoring their chat, I walked to the other tables.

Table 2: Shields of all sizes and shapes

Table 3: Cold-ranged weapons such as bows and crossbows, throwing weapons such as darts, knives, and slings

Table 4: Hot weapons with kinetic or psionic bullets

Table 5: Accessories like earrings, rings, bracelets, and piercings

The armor stands:

Armor 1: A complete full-plate armor run by mental energies

Armor 2: Another full-plate armor... But bulkier, taller, and heavier.

Armor 3: A flexible armor made from muscle-like fibery material

And lastly, clothes, including suits, robes, sandals, shoes, hats, and whatever else.

"This is very comprehensive," I remarked.

"We were unsure what you would require, so we made samples for everything. Of course, we can always customize according to your requirements." Zemira said.

"Good." I nodded and picked up the axe, taking it to the Spore Spreader.

Placing the axe on a wooden altar that was specially built, I activated Divine Relic Creation for the first time.

 

{Divine Relic Creation has been activated.}

{The item has been detected and deemed to be equipment.}

{Please select a mental structure to instill into the equipment.}

Stored Mental Structures:

  1. Kin - Minion
  2. Kin - Minion
  3. Kin - Minion
  4. ...

 

Yeah... They were all Minions, around a billion. Sure, these fake souls SUCK, absolute garbage-tier. But the good thing is that they are unintelligent and replenishable souls that can be used to mass-produce divine relics. Besides, using them as fuel can strengthen existing equipment, no matter how little. As they say, quantity has a quality all its own.

With that in mind, I selected the first one.

 

{Kin - Minion has been selected.}

{Grafting this mental structure to the equipment costs 0.5 enhancement energy and 5 basic energy. Proceed?}

 

Well, the question was an absolute no-brainer.

"Yes," I said, not caring about this tiny price.

After I gave the order, the axe went up in flame for half a minute before being extinguished.

I then picked up the axe. It looked the same as before, but it felt more... alive.

As I held it, information came to my mind.

 

Name: Unnamed Runic Axe
Type: Equipment
Bound User: None
Mental Structure Power: 0.5
Intelligence: Feral(Worse than an animal)
Energy Storage: 0
Energy Capacity: 44.5
Divine Spells: None
Automatic Repair: On

 

"No ranks?" I asked.

{Divine Relics serve a different function and do not require ranks. Instead, they become gradually stronger by repeatedly sacrificing mental structures to them, reinforcing the mental structure inside, strengthening the relic.}

"Can't I use energy?" I asked.

{I am afraid not. Basic Energy lacks certain components that Mental Structures have. Although you can power Divine Relics with energy, you can't strengthen them. You may think of it as energy being Sugar, while Mental Structures being a comprehensive meal.}

"And what about spells?"

{You need to grant it to them separately. They are designed to serve certain functions with high capacity, independently from the user's affinity. Although it won't cost energy to grant or remove spells, it would burden the energy capacity, depending on the spell or power you place. Also, you can only grant or remove spells yourself or at a Dark Idol.}

"Hm...Fine."

With that, I tried activating Divine Relic Creation a second time.

 

{Divine Relice: Unnamed Runic Axe has been selected.}

Option:

  1. Reinforce
  2. Edit Spells

 

{Reinforce has been selected.}

{Please select Mental Structures to serve as fuel.}

Stored Mental Structures:

  1. Kin - Minion
  2. Kin - Minion
  3. Kin - Minion
  4. ...

 

"Can I only pick one? Or can I select a group? Or is there an automatic option?" I asked.

{All three are possible.}

"Hm... Let's try a thousand first."

With that thought, I selected a thousand Minion Mental Structures. The next moment, wisps of black flame gradually merged with the axe.

"How long will it take, anyways?" I asked while looking at the axe gradually growing more powerful.

{It depends on the relic's strength and the sacrificed mental structure. Stronger relics can digest faster, and robust mental structures take longer digestion. Naturally, the gains from a stronger fuel outweigh the time spent. Since the relic is weak, it would take a few hours to digest a thousand souls. But note that the stronger the relic becomes, the less effective weak souls are.}

"Makes sense." I nodded and left the axe on the altar.

I then returned to Primrose and pointed at the hundreds of pieces of equipment.

"Primrose, turn these items into relics. Let each piece absorb a thousand Minion mental structures." I ordered like a true spendthrift.

"Yes, Iver." Primrose nodded.

"Also, take me to the prisoners. We should have a chat."

I'll be honest, I am starting to get tempted to return to a previous work and try again, with Iver(The Reality Smuggler) as an overarching protagonist/antagonist. As for the reason? Boredom. Perhaps the new protagonist is a bastard child of his, or he accidentally killed him so he decided to reincarnate him with a system for laughs and giggles. Fuck knows.

Yeah, I made Iver too OP for my liking. Or, rather, he is OP by the very definition of OP. It's kind of why I want to stop this novel when he reaches lesser godhood. I vowed won't drop this until I finish it, so no worries.

Anyway, if I am going to do a remake of a previous novel, I will do an entire overhaul. I thought about it and decided to either remake Legend of Mog or reincarnated tentacle monster.

For Legend of Mog, I think I'll make Mog (Now human, fuck half-breeds) a young hunter captured for war reasons. Since he has a good body, he is sent to a ludus for basic training and is sent to fight other gladiators and captured monsters. Luckily, a few days prior, he inherited a cheat item from his late mother, an amulet that lets him absorb the life energy from those he kills, improving his health and improving his qualifications to train aura and magic. (Yeah, kinda generic)

For the reincarnated tentacle monster, the MC finds himself summoned by a witch as a, you guessed it, a tentacle familiar. This time, I won't be making that ridiculous thing before, and the residents of that world are (relatively) normal(Although monster girls are still a thing). Anyways, kinda of a generic RPG with evolution. MC has a racial skill called "Eater"(Or anything similar) that makes him gain stats and skills from eating the fallen. All other tentacles have this skill too, but they are as dumb as rocks.

40