Truth About the Awakening!
19 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After Ash’s comment about the rocket launcher. Allie sighed and held him back to wander on his own for weapons or whatever was dangerous down here. However, she was curious about what the AI meant about her creators planning this place in case something happened. That means they knew something like this was happening after their deaths and decided to make this place for them. She smiled as she thought about the Starlight couple. They must have really cared about us to make this bunker or give us the house in general.

“Well Miss AI, we would like to know what your creators had knowledge about a event that was going to happen. I am sure you can see what is happening outside right now. So what exactly did they know about the Mana Awakening?"

Ash was still trying to escape Allie's grip but stopped as he wanted to know what had happened as well. There was a sad, but pained expression on the woman's face as she looked at them. Which was strange for an AI since they are mostly code. She then showed an image of the earth but it appeared like it was covered with a blue aura surrounding it. The planet looked trapped in some type of force field. If you looked closely you could see pillars of blue energy as the earth spun slowly.

“In the past the creators were working on a project with the government to find another energy source to use for the world. Over the course of 10 years of research, they discovered that deep deep within the earth was another type of energy. It was a powerful energy that affected all life and made living things stronger and lived longer."

The hologram showed the Starlight couple. They were much younger in what seemed to be a video of the past. They held a cage near a glowing blue orb. The blue energy looked just like the messages. It seems they tested mana on living things. In the cage, there was a mouse struggling to get out. Then it was brought closer to the mana orb. It started to change and grow sharp fangs and became bigger.

“The government wanted to use this energy for weapons and to improve soldiers or themselves. They started doing human experiments. At first it was progressing well. People started to gain special abilities and cure diseases like cancer. It was a dream come true for the human race.”

The hologram showed people jumping high. Some of them broke steel easily. While others appeared for control of elements around them. Some people made waves of fire out of their hands. So many people tried elements in the video. However, one person stood out to them. There was a boy with blue eyes like a cat and silver hair. He had a bunch of animals around and they looked like they were listening.

“There was one subject with a different ability from the rest. We realised that abilities were based on past or personality. There was one subject that seemed to control animals but we were wrong about his true ability and goals. His name was Nyx and he could control monsters and use them as he wished."

The next scene in the hologram video was Nyx controlling the animals affected by Mana. They saw how he slaughtered all the other human test subjects. He used all the animals exposed to mana to kill everyone there. Then there was a scene where there was a vault door that looked very advanced and glow blue. The monsters around him broke the vault down. Then a giant mana pulse was sent out when the vault finally collapsed.

“When the vault collapsed, the seal for the energy was broken. It started spreading slowly throughout the world. Initially, there was no change in the world, but as you can see now, it has begun to change. It finally gained enough momentum to make a big change. As for Nyx, we ventured into the vault where mana was strongest."

They saw the last scene of the video of Nyx slowly walking down what looked like a cave that glowed with blue light. Monsters of all kinds surrounded and followed him. They all delved into the cave which seemed to be located on a mountain. Allie and Ash looked at the video shocked. So it really was the government's fault like in all the stories. Well if they see anyone from the government they will torture them slowly. Then the woman they were talking to appeared again.

“The creators were guilty of their work and sought to invest in other companies to get funds to help the problem they created. However, their children heard about the project and decided to continue and use the energy to improve themselves. They even used their grandchild in human experiments in the end.”

The hologram showed a woman and a man that resembled the Starlight couple. They were probably their children on the project. Then there were 2 kids in hospital gowns that looked like them. One boy had blue hair and eyes and one girl had red hair and eyes. The parents smiled coldly as they gazed at the screen in front of them. While the two kids looked afraid and forced smiled as they looked at the camera.

“The Creators were unable to save their own grandchildren in the end. They would give up and spend their days guilt-ridden. Until they met two kids that reminded them of their grandkids. They loved the two kids like their own and made all of this and Eva the final subject exposed to mana. This was computer code that evolved into AI."

The hologram changed into videos of Ash and Allie running around the house and having fun with the couple when they were younger. They were happy memories they would never forget. Then there was the old couple that had a small orb of mana and what seemed to be a computer code connected to the energy. The computer screen started to flicker and the same woman that was talking to them was shown on the screen. The old couple looked at it smiling.

“ I was created to take care of you and I watched you grow up in the house with the creators. I felt like a big sister looking after her younger siblings. The three of us were the most significant people left in their lives. Their last request was for me to watch over you two and ensure you enjoy life.”

Ash and Allie cried remembering all the memories of the Starlight couple. It was because they loved them so much that they made all this for them. They even left behind an additional family member to watch over them in this new world. Well, they did cause the problem with how the world is now but they think this makes up for what they have done. Ash and Allie wiped their tears and Ash slowly walked to Eva with a kind smile on his face.

“Well nice to meet you, big sis. I hope we can all get along from now on. Thank you for watching over us this whole time. But you forgot something. You have to live with us from now on and enjoy life with us.”

Allie nodded at Ash’s words and smiled. Eva looked at the two shocked for a moment. After looking at them, she smiled at them. Despite their differences, they were still the kind of kids she remembered deep inside. She was worried after hacking into the school cameras that these kids had changed from how they used to be. But they were still the same kids she knew and loved. She now had a family once more after both her creators died.

2