Finding More Meat Shields!
6 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Ash and Allie were finally out of the bunker and the house and back into the chaotic world they now lived in. The city had spots where fires and destruction were still happening. The duo continued to walk around the town to look at the sights and see any survivors still around. They still saw some people running from monsters and fighting them on the streets. So much chaos was happening that they did not know what to focus on.

"Well, Allie, I guess we should check out that app Eva told us to use. I wonder how far the nearest dungeon is from our location? I can't wait to explore and see new monsters in the dungeon. We can also find an amazing treasure like a pirate!"

Ash was running around acting like a pirate trying to find treasure and sailing a ship. Allie opened the app Eva mentioned. It looked like Google Maps but more advanced in that it showed radar near their location. It had blue spots that all seemed different in size. There was a note that popped up on the app that explained that the broader the spots were, the more monsters there could be. In addition, the harder the dungeon could be.

Dungeons are like hotpots of mana that the earth has generated, and it needs to release that energy by making these Dungeons. They help the earth with plant life or heal from humans pollution and deforestation. To be honest, humanity had this coming to them with monsters and death. We caused the Earth to evolve to clean itself and not die out. So in the end the human race brought this upon themselves.

The app showed that there was a dungeon that looked near a hospital that was 4 blocks away from their current location. The blue spot seemed to be not as big as the other ones around the city. This means it should be an easy dungeon to take on and get some easy loot and information on how to clear a dungeon. Ash was still playing with Mr Wiggles pretending to be a pirate while Allie looked up the way to the dungeon.

"Mistress Allie and Master Ash I would advise you to head to the nearest dungeon as soon as possible. Also, I forgot to mention that I will be connected to each of your phones in case you need assistance. But I would head there before it gets dark since stronger monsters are more active at night than during the day."

Allie saw a mini version of Eva on her screen that floated on the phone. She seemed to move around in the device like she was in a house. Ash stopped playing with Mr Wiggles and looked at her phone when he heard Eva's message. He liked that Eva could also join their adventures and see what they see in the world. Adventures always seemed more enjoyable when you did them with more people. He looked at the location and realised that he had been to this hospital before for his community work, so he knew where to go.

"Hey, Allie I think I know where this dungeon is actually. Remember when you forced me to do community service because you said it would look positive on my record for schools in the future or any job I take? Well, the hospital where the dungeon is located is where I did community service."

Allie remembered when she tried to force Ash to do community service at the hospital. This was because she wanted him to experience helping people and to have something positive on his record. There was no other reason for him to be dressed in a sexy nurse outfit. She was definitely not disappointed when that did not happen. She will never tell him that it was just a lie for her fetish to see Ash in outfits that she would take pictures of in her collection.

"Yeah, I remember I sent you there to do some work and help some sick people. You said you signed up for the child watch program where you would help sick children who stayed in the hospital for a long time. Since you wanted to cheer them up with all the stories that cheered you up. Which was a very sweet thing to do."

Ash remembered when he used to play with the kids in the hospital and constantly get in trouble with the doctors and nurses by doing pranks with the kids. The only reason he was not kicked out of the program was that their grandparents actually owned the hospital. Kicking out their CEO's adopted grandchild would look terrible for them in general and they would lose their job. He loved messing with all those stuck-up doctors that tried to use him to get a raise or blackmail him to tell his grandparents to give them a promotion.

"Well, anyway we should head over there Allie before it gets dark. Also, we should be careful about running into monsters or other people. Since the Raiders are probably still around like yesterday."

Allie nodded her head and held Ash's hand. He looked at her with a smile and made his way towards where the hospital was located with her. All around them, there was chaos and destruction but here they were just holding hands and walking side by side. If they had each other then even if the world was destroyed they would be okay in the end. They continued to walk to the hospital slowly taking their time.

People ran away from the monsters and screamed for help as they passed by. Their intention was not to get involved with those people since they didn't want dead weight. Also, they are not really team players since they killed their whole school and set it on fire. They would rather find someone to act as bait or have someone come with them and trick them at the end of the dungeon. For their goal, it would be nice if they could have a meat shield again.

The duo continued to walk on the sidewalk looking at people struggling around them. Fighting for their lives. As a result, they have been practicing the book method of harnessing the elements in their bodies and affecting the world from within. They realized that this must be the next stage of power they will have to overcome and push past.

The duo continued to discuss how they had been progressing. They could make their skin warmer and colder but anything else they had no luck with. The book did say that it would take time for people who are not used to mana in general which is everyone in the world right now. Being able to change their body temperature was an excellent improvement since the book said they would be considered prodigies if they never had mana before.

Ash and Alle were half way to the dungeon. They were not interrupted when walking to the hospital. There were so many people on the streets running from monsters or screaming for help or even fighting monsters. There was this one person who screamed that he was finally the main character before he was stabbed in the chest.

The duo was one block away from the hospital when a group of people ran towards them with weapons that seemed to be a mix of bats and knives. They seemed to charge at them to harm them and loot their dead bodies afterwards. Well, this will be a pain for them. The duo got their warfans out when they saw the men come closer.

"Well, Allie I guess we have a warmup before the dungeon. We can also save one of them to use as bait for the dungeon as well. That way we can have a meat shield to deal with monsters again. Well let's deal with these bastards!"

0