Chapter 3
4.8k 12 220
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

When she reaches the place where the smoke comes from, obviously too high in the sky for others to notice her, she sees some chaos going on. She can't hear the people from how high she is, but it's easy to make out their forms with her new eyesight. She can see weapons and what look like missiles, which means it's not a medieval world.

No Mew goddess then.

They look to be hidden in plain sight, which means she still doesn't know if it's an apocalypse world or not as they could be easily hidden from zombies or worse, the law.

It seems to be the latter as they start packing things up to leave away from their base.

Giving them a moment of attention, she follows the trail of smoke that leads to the thing that flew away. It's still flying pretty quickly, easily covering thousands of kilometers. She follows it and it doesn't take her long to see the familiar robot-like being that's tipping to the ground.

Shit.

She follows a couple of hundred kilometers more until it starts to fall as one of its legs thrusters stops working.

With a small token of effort, she uses psychic to gently slow down the Mark 1 until she carefully lays the robot-covered person onto the ground. She hears him curse, which is better than the screaming he was doing before, as he takes off parts of Mark 1 from his frame. His curse increases because of what she guesses is the surrounding metal's temperature.

She helps him, of course, she does. Consequences be damned.

It only takes him a second to see the floating parts gently moving away from his body before he turns his head in her direction.

And, woah, the resemblance with young Rodney Downey Jr. is strong on this one.

"Hello… floating kitty?" he says with a dubious tone before following in a quieter voice, "Am I that dehydrated? Or has the sun finally burned my brain?"

His gaze is unfocused as he starts to babble about crazy scientists and other stuff she doesn't care about. She's mostly worried about his well-being. Tony is too thin to be healthy. Not Infinity War thin, but still thin enough to be noticeable. He's also covered in bruises and some light burns that could be—wait.

She refocuses on his babbling again.

Did he just call her… little pussycat?

She glares at him. "Oh, Hell no."

Tony winces for a second before turning around, seeming to search for something before looking right at her. "Did you just… talk? In my mind?"

"Did I?" she says, mostly to herself but also concentrating on that feeling of giving him a piece of her mind.

Another wince. "Yeah, you just did."

Awesome. This at least helps with her problem of talking when she's not transformed into a human form. She shakes her head when she sees Tony moving away from the fallen pieces of the robot suit and wincing with every step.

She ponders for a bit as she follows him before deciding to use Life Dew on him.

He looks surprised as he glanced at the small shiny drops raining onto his form. The tense air around him relaxes as he shot her a grateful nod before continuing to walk.

"Okay. Figment of my imagination, I'm Tony Stark. Do you have a name? Or do I need to give you one?"

She glares at him, but still answers dryly, "I'm not a pet."

"Does that mean you've got a name, then?"

She hums as she thinks of that question. She did have a name, but she always complained about it for how hard it was to pronounce. Also, it was long. She's kind of tired of constantly repeating her name or correcting it.

Maybe a change would do her well. So, she needs a name that could describe her well.

Mew is supposed to be the mother of all pokemon or something, so maybe something similar. The problem is that she doesn't know many names definitions. Well, she can always go with Eve, who is supposed to be the Mother of all humans, but it doesn't sound right and is too English for her. She remembers being from South America in her previous life, a real Latina. Maybe she can go with the Spanish version of it.

She turns to Tony, who is inspecting the faint recovery of his wounds and says, "My name is Eva. EH-BAH."

Because why not?

He looks up. "Oh. Not pussycat then?"

A glare. "You're lucky you're injured or I would have done some serious damage to you."

He rolls his eyes as he continues walking, one hand going to her small head to give her a pat.

"Yeah, little—Huh. You're surprisingly solid for a figment of my imagination."

"Not part of your imagination," she answers dryly. "I'm a Mew."

"A mew? You mean a cat?"

"No. A Mew. The name of my particular species. Though if you want to be more general, I'm a Pokemon."

"A Poke-what?"

She does a small spin as she floats alongside him. "Like, a spider is an arachnid, but also an animal. I'm a Mew, a type of pokemon."

"And what do you eat? Hopefully not humans. Also, your species habitat is…?"

She touches her rear paws and starts rolling around. "Dunno. The god of Pokemon created Mews to create other different types of Pokemon."

"And Pokemon live where exactly?"

"In another world," she says with a half-shrug. And then, to be more confusing and trolling, she adds, "I'm not from this universe."

"Oh," he says, his face clearly expressing his doubts about life. Not that he stays in that state for long. His stomach starts growling at that moment. He doesn't seem embarrassed, mostly just resigned.

She looks around and after seeing nothing, she uses another Life Dew at him and then says, "I'll search for something for you to eat. Wait."

He just waves his hand as he takes off his shirt and starts covering his head with it.

Huh. At least he's resilient.

220