03: Getting More Things Done In A Day
998 8 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The dinette in the back corner of the room resembled a kitchen of a poor Earth family during a time when electricity would soon come into popular use. The base kitchen implements, like a stove and refrigerator, were bulky items with not a lot of flair, though they functioned as designed ― through magic means, they kept functional for the last century.

This world's domestic objects were less for frills or thrills, but went more toward basic function. The 'refrigerator' ― a vertical standing stone slab two meters tall, a meter wide, and less than half a meter deep ― could hold 100 meters cubed of food. Andromeda calculated, this meant a spatial compression of 100:1 ratio. But at a touch, a menu showed on its smooth surface its small stock of edible ingredients. Fruits, grains, vegetables, even various meats. Andromeda did not know what kind of creature a kassak was, but the chunk of its meat was sitting there, preserved indefinitely in its timeless state.

On one side of the fridge, the counter contained a sink with a water faucet tied to a water crystal, which let her obtain any amount of water she should need, itself surrounded by more food preparation counters. On the other side, one hotbox of a combination oven and stove top would provide a place for simple cooking and baking skills to be utilized, a fire element crystal its power source.

For simplicity's sake, she chose a long grainy thing which looked like rice, called ecir. If its properties were similar to what she knew, she could do this. Another stone slab held an excess of containers and utensils, so she could bake and cook to her content; she selected a decent size pot and a durable cooking spoon. Adding one part grain into two parts water, no salt found to season it, she started to cook the whole thing slowly.

In the end, it worked; the ecir finished up well, and she ate heartily. At first, she'd set aside a glob of plain gruel for her minions; but even after her urging them to try the food, neither of them partook of the morsels.

The task done, she turned her head toward the toilet to take care of biological needs. Then on to self pleasure, bathing, minion pleasure, and more bathing ... and then headed toward the simple bed. This was a twin-size frame and mattress thing, though the length was almost on the short side for Andromeda to prefer it too much. Still, she sidled into the bedding, pulling up its covers around her. And, pleasured herself again.

  • Hidden condition met: commit or submit to ten or more acts of pleasure within a day. Even the gods are starting to talk about you now!
  • Acquired the ability "Perseverance Through Pleasure". All intimate acts with your partners gain double pleasure while in the moment.
  • People will be open to intimate acts with you, when you take the lead ― regardless of base species, gender, or other factors. Good luck.

The next "morning" ― she didn't have a clue what day or time this was ― she woke to find both slime creatures at the side of the bed, 'gazing' at her. At first, she pulled back with a surprised gasp, but more calmly explained to them how they surprised her, by being there. This reaction was no problem; she didn't go on about it, and they didn't ask anything of her.

But she looked closer to both of them; they must be waiting for some-

Their statuses. Nameless, genderless ― well she may not be able to affect the latter, but how about the names.

"Ah, names. That's right, you both deserve to be named properly, right?"

Both bundles of bouncing fluid seemed to agree, practically 'tripping' over or through each other. How they did not automatically combine from their pushing each other around, Andromeda did not know.

"First, you ― the holy healing slime, the first slime I took in ― I shall call you, 'Alcestis'."

  • Hidden condition met: give your first minion a name.
  • Giving one of your followers a name makes for a memorable character.
  • A creature with a name will see all mental attributes raise +1 (up to race limit).
  • Hidden condition met: give a nameless entity a name.
  • The fact most monsters or insentient beings do not have names does not mean they are worthless.
  • An act of granting one who has no name, a name they can keep for their life, also grants them an identity.

She examined the status screen for Alcestis, once more.

  • Name: Alcestis
    Race: Monster/Slime
    Subrace: Healing Slime
    Gender: Neuter/Genderless
    Level: 1 [5/20 XP]
    Attributes:
    - CONS:7 DEXT:9 HLTH:11 STRN:5
    - INTL:8 LORE:6 PERS:12 WILL:10
    - AEST:0 ETHC:0 LIFE:0 SPIR:0
    - HP:0/0; MP:0/0
    Affinities:
    - Holy (2)
    - Light (1)
    Abilities:
    - Lesser Common Alchemy - ability to disassemble or transmute certain objects into component parts and/or assemble or merge them into a new object; success rate (5 + LORE)%
    - Lesser Common Inventory Space - store/retrieve an amount of nonliving matter; stored matter holds its state indefinitely; max volume up to 1000*SQRT(STRN*1.5 + WILL/3) m^3
    - Self Sacrificing Spirit - creature sacrifices itself in behalf of an ally or companion, directing true healing to one target, but perishing in the act; success rate (80 + (ETHC+SPIR)/2)%
    Professions: [1 of 1 MAX]
    - Monster Party Healer - this passive creature tends to its party members' damage, often having no other role than that
    Skills/Environs:
    - Basic Alchemy, Level:1 [2/100] - usable anywhere; details as in "Lesser Common Alchemy";
    Points:
    - DP:10; FP:10; SP:10

Of note on the changes since last time, the now named Alcestis incremented all attributes but PERS, and then gained two XP and two skill experience in basic alchemy too. Did it attempt something with what it had within its inventory space? The XP and skill experience were yet but a drop in a bucket; but the attribute increments were the main source of surprise. Personality and Health both tied for the best attributes, which meant the slime was now a more friendly ally.

"Anyhow ... on to you, the water slime. I think, I shall name you 'Astarte'."

Andromeda did not need to check the status screen for this one; she knew it would be a similar effect.


Andromeda decided to poke her way in to the dungeon's virtual shop space. She selected the menu item, and prepared to go-

Or, not ― nothing happened.

  • Error: Access to dungeon shopping space is restricted with conditional requirements.
  • A visit to the dungeon shop requires a dungeon master to activate the dungeon core, and to have a minimum amount of DP on hand.
  • You currently have 0 DP out of a required 100 DP; and so the dungeon remains inactive.

Okay, not exactly nothing in the way of response, but a frustrating reminder she needed to finish the exploration of this dungeon space first, before getting to the real goodies.

'I swear, it is not just how I am dying to go shopping already!'

"Oh I guess this means we have to keep at it, conquering rooms. Well, guys, want to follow me?"

She went through the door, back out to the office room ― but they did not follow. Instead, they flattened some, as if in mild despair.

"Um, is it that you cannot leave here?"

They both flattened even further.

"Cannot leave at all?" she asked once more, with no further reaction. "Or, cannot leave, just yet?" Slightly more noticed reaction.

Something she had to do, apparently, in order to allow them to come out of the bedroom and into the core room ― aah. That's it. At the end of the quest chain, she was to touch the dungeon core orb; maybe this is the way to link up the rooms she conquered?

"Oh, okay; no problem. Don't worry, my mischievous minions ― I'll solve this, and then you can come along with me!"

At once, they energized, bouncing again. Andromeda knew, even if these were simple creatures, she should not take for granted their needs and wants ― even a primitive bit of emotion.

Going out to the dungeon core room, she got a new notice.

  • Doubling rewards bonus lost; dungeon master has left a room unconquered.
  • This system did warn you, such would happen ... and now it has.
  • While in the grand scheme of things what you lose in the doubling effect is minimal,
  • for now maybe you could try examining more in a room to ensure it is truly empty?
  • But take heart; good fortune is on its way if you continue to hold to a good pattern.

"What the nyuck-"

So; she would lose the offered bonus in doubling of rewards, just because she hadn't noticed the office room did not get 'conquered' or something?

Turning back inside, she saw ― no slime, no life ... aah some little bookworm things. Very small creatures, just inching their way along the shelves and desks at a slow pace. If she could have paused longer and taken a deeper look the first time through, she might have noticed even one of them. But now, these worms were fairly swarming across the surfaces. Were they multiplying in number, or just more of them were coming out of hiding now?

'So ... do I ... try to tame them?'

"Which one first- Hmm."

One bookworm at the dungeon master's desk glowed a faint light, indicating maybe it had some trace of capability she might later want or need.

"Hello there, little bookworm-"

Basically the same process as subjugating the slimes. Offer to accept them ... tell the words of accepting them ... then on to the next one.

These may be small creatures, and maybe only relevant to this space itself; but likely each one might someday have something more to give. And at least as Andromeda repeated this process dozens of times, she got well practiced at this. A formula, of sorts, at inducting new members of the dungeon. Or were they old members, considering Andromeda was the new one?

Down to the last three, at least what she could see in looking all over the floor, walls, ceiling, and shelves and desks within the room. None of these submitted, indicating a harder battle to take place, if she wanted to keep the doubling effect as she left the room.

The rewards for each one she subjugated, since they were so small of a creature, was minimalistic. Truly so small an amount, too ― of 96 enlarged bookworms, she gained 192 quarter milliliter drops of viscera, 96 heart stones, 48 DP and 64 SP, and 192 bookworm tokens.

These tokens did not stack with the slime tokens; meaning, sooner or later Andromeda might fill up her inventory with various stacks of separate types of similar objects.

But what to do about these three remaining bookworms, who struggled against her gaze?

Oh, she could just squash them, and think nothing about it; but something in a bookworm's pacifist nature got her to think, maybe she might need them later. What more were bookworms good for? Weren't they considered a pest in some places?

The problem was, two of them seemed 'starved' in their status screens. The remaining one wanted 'love'-

No. No way was she going to put one inside of her-

But the first two, she could 'feed'. Give them ... hmm, traces of paper torn from the corners of other papers? Yes this seemed to do the trick on one, and then the other; and then they too accepted her renewed offer.

"But you, you last one. Love, huh. What kind of love? Am I not showing love in some form, by talking to you at all? Are you not getting my attention? Or is it, love from one of your own kind?"

She used a fingernail to scoop up the little thing, then drop it off near a closer gathering of bookworms, but it seemed to shy away from them.

"Or, just me then. Hmm. I will think on it."

But this was all which was required, apparently ― she got the notice, the final bookworm had been subjugated, and she got the rewards for it too, and then the prototype messages for this room being conquered, and the doubling upon the remaining rooms' rewards as well.

And in a mere second, a new notice.

  • Hidden condition met: subjugate all of a creature in a room which is looked down on as a pest.
  • From conquering all of the bookworms you could find in the Master's Office, you set them free.
  • The bookworms have the potential to evolve to a higher form of existence, by merging bodies.
  • Its new body will be infantile for some time to mature, but then will be available for summons.
  • The evolution costs all of the drops from all other bookworm subjugations, and takes one week.

"Okay, I accept; evolving these little ones might make for less minions, but for more manageable options."

All of the bookworms and the former subjugation drops, all disappeared in a flash, to leave a spheroid ball of light the size of a bowling ball floating above her main desk; within, a tiny form she could barely see.

"Well. Then off to see if the doubling still is in effect?"


Stepping tentatively into the core room from the office, she noted no new 'loss of doubling' message; so it seemed she'd done it alright. She could only lose the doubling now if she entered another room left as an unconquered room which had some spawned entity within it; and she did not want to lose it in case she could use the drops somehow.

Somehow this whole idea of 'doubling' her rewards set her again on the eager side of seeing the dungeon conquered. Now she walked fast to the east door, the dining room; then she pushed into the room. At her approach, six slimes bounced around tables and chairs to take aim ― two a toxic green, two an aqua blue, one red for fire, and one glittery gold for who knows what. She analyzed the fire red and the sparkly gold slimes.

  • Name: unnamed
    Race: Monster/Slime
    Subrace: Fire Slime
    Gender: Neuter/Genderless
    Level: 1 [0/20 XP]
    Attributes:
    - CONS:4 DEXT:10 HLTH:8 STRN:6
    - INTL:11 LORE:9 PERS:10 WILL:8
    - AEST:0 ETHC:0 LIFE:0 SPIR:0
    - HP:0/0; MP:0/0
    Affinities:
    - Fire (2)
    Abilities:
    - Lesser Common Magic Use - ability to cast out or defend against magic spells
    - Lesser Common Inventory - store/retrieve an amount of nonliving matter; stored matter holds its state indefinitely; max volume up to 1000*SQRT(STRN*1.5 + WILL/3) m^3
    Professions: [1 of 1 MAX]
    - Monster Party Mage - this passive/aggressive creature tends to cause magic damage to a party's opponent or buff the party members, often having no other role than this.
    Skills/Magic:
    - Basic Fire Magic, Level:1 [0/100] - usable anywhere; details as in "Lesser Common Magic Use"; utilize magic of the fire elemental type.
    Points:
    - DP:10; FP:10; SP:10

... and again-

  • Name: unnamed
    Race: Monster/Slime
    Subrace: Treasure Slime
    Gender: Neuter/Genderless
    Level: 1 [0/20 XP]
    Attributes:
    - CONS:5 DEXT:5 HLTH:7 STRN:5
    - INTL:7 LORE:5 PERS:6 WILL:4
    - AEST:0 ETHC:0 LIFE:0 SPIR:0
    - HP:0/0; MP:0/0
    Affinities:
    - Dimension (2)
    - Earth (1)
    - Light (1)
    Abilities:
    - Lesser Common Alchemy - ability to disassemble or transmute certain materials into component parts and/or assemble or merge them into a new object; success rate (5 + LORE)%
    - Lesser Common Inventory Space - store/retrieve an amount of nonliving matter; stored matter holds its state indefinitely; max volume up to 1000*SQRT(STRN*1.5 + WILL/3) m^3
    Professions: [1 of 1 MAX]
    - Monster Party Support - this ultimately passive creature tends to stay on the outskirts of the party's damage zone, absorbing materials and transmuting them into subtle valuables
    Skills/Environs:
    - Basic Alchemy, Level:1 [2/100] - usable anywhere; details as in "Lesser Common Alchemy";
    Points:
    - DP:10; FP:10; SP:10

So, the treasure slime likely would not attack; the fire slime was already spitting a diminutive fire spark, and the toxic slimes were backups to the fire and water slimes. As Andromeda ducked to get away from the fire, the water streams canceled out the fire. The fire slime was the first target, followed by two toxin slimes; she made rapid work of the details, seeing the item drops land safely where she could retrieve them. And then, a water slime, and the other ― leaving only the treasure slime.

Once more, she tried taming the treasure slime, and it almost didn't work ― but the next try with delicate touch, the slime agreed, practically spewing out piles of gal coins.

  • Successfully cleared the room "Dungeon Master's Dining Hall". All further functions of this room are hereby unlocked to the room owner.
  • Upgrades available for room "Dungeon Master's Dining Hall". Focus on the node embedded in the floor at the room's center to activate upgrade menu.
  • Side quest "Subdue the Wild Creatures, Acquire the Room" progress steps are incremented. Adding the rewards for this room to your inventory space.
  • - Gained quest reward: 10 XP; 5 DP; 2 SP; 0 gib
  • Unlocking the locked side quest "Explore the northeast room". Try this subquest for conquering the room "Dungeon Master's Kitchen".

"Whoa, hey, that pile of gal's gotta be worth about a hundred thousand coins, right? Great, I'll accept those. Oh, you need a name too. How about you be called 'Midas'?"

With one hand, she touched the coins to suck them into her inventory; but the treasure slime, bumping her hand, surprised her when it also disappeared.

"What the-"

Surprised and thinking she might have just 'killed the golden goose', and looking inward to her inventory, she saw it there ― the treasure slime had been drawn into her inventory space, whole. Horrified she lost a valued ally, she extracted the slime, but when it continued to move as before, she felt relieved, but no less perplexed.

'Hm; does that mean a slime is alive like a human, or not? Or maybe the treasure slime which has a Dimension aspect is unharmed being inside my space, because it is the same? I will try this again-'

She repeated this action ― a simple creature like this slime could go in her storage space and out again by her will, with no harm done to the creature . Whether this was a property of the "Blessed" variety of inventory space or not, she didn't know.

After picking up and storing every last one of the coins, Andromeda went to the northeast room, the kitchen. The announcement was immediate.

  • [Successfully cleared the room "Dungeon Master's Kitchen". All further functions of this room are hereby unlocked to the room owner.]
  • [Upgrades available for room "Dungeon Master's Kitchen". Focus on the node embedded in the floor at the room's center to activate upgrade menu.]

"Oh ― that was a quickie," she giggled from her own humor, casually sauntering back to the core room.

So, on to a third cardinal point direction room; should she go west or south? Either way, they were both dungeon minions' barracks; the only difference being, which diagonal corner room would be the next to open to her. To the northwest, the medical facilities; to the southwest, the minions' bathing and toiletry area; to the southeast, the library slash study room.

She would like to think toilets were more necessary; it wouldn't do to have any random minion traipse into her bedroom to use the toilet ― do slimes need toilets? ― but in a different sense, the medical ward was probably the better choice for now, with the library maybe last. Andromeda had a greater healing skill; but, just in case her mana runs out, it would be preferable to have a backup prepared. It just depended which rooms remaining had creatures infesting them.

"Eeny, meeny, miny, moe ... ah drat. Let's just go clockwise to the compass points. To the south it is- nyah!"


The south's barracks was the most populated she had seen yet ― and sadly, filled with six water slimes, four fire slimes, and two toxin slimes. Her fight was like a hard slog in a wet hot bayou as she struggled to maneuver around the slimes, almost getting outmaneuvered herself. Say what you want about the trash mob slimes, but when they come in a bunch, they are more bold, and serious about fighting.

She slew two toxic slimes, two fire slimes, and two water slimes, in this order; then in the same pattern until the last two water slimes shuddered at her slashes.

  • Successfully cleared the room "Dungeon Minion's Barracks 2". All further functions of this room are hereby unlocked to the room owner.
  • Upgrades available for room "Dungeon Minion's Barracks 2". Focus on the node embedded in the floor at the room's center to activate upgrade menu.

None of the creatures in this group were either passive enough or influenced enough to join her. Anyway, until she dealt with the first ones, their attacks were too organized for her to stop and try. She tried for a brief minute on the last water slime, with no success here. Maybe they were 'do or die' for their freedom, or maybe she had too many water element slimes already. But still, she almost ranked up one or two skills, as well as made significant headway in her personal level.

  • Name: Andromeda
    Race: Beastkin/Catkin
    Subrace: Tigran
    Gender: Female
    Level: 1 [80/100 XP]
    Titles:
    - Apostle of Perseus - agree to become a helper to the demigod Perseus, and act in his behalf
    - Desert Dungeon Master - become the master of a dungeon in a desert biome
    - Fingers of Pleasure - pleasure yourself or someone else, shutting out all but the moment
    Attributes:
    - CONS:10 DEXT:10 HLTH:10 STRN:10
    - INTL:10 LORE:10 PERS:10 WILL:10
    - AEST:0 ETHC:0 LIFE:0 SPIR:0
    - HP:0/0; MP:0/0
    Affinities:
    -
    Abilities:
    - Blessed Dungeon Layout Administration - add/modify floors, rooms, and infrastructure within the home dungeon; costs 1 MP per cubic meter, 10 MP per room, 100 MP per floor.
    - Blessed Dungeon Master Shopping Net - purchase or sell dungeon upgrades, objects, minions, and knowledge; prices vary, certain items discounted SQRT(ETHC) percent
    - Blessed Dungeon Minion Management - summon, train, evolve, and command dungeon minions
    - Blessed Ecological Zone Management - control the environment of a biome or ecological area up to (HLTH*2 + WILL*2)^2 meters squared
    - Blessed Fertility Management - manage the fertility of oneself or others touched, enable/disable the release of ova, sperm, etc. either permanently or for a time
    - Blessed Infinite Inventory Space - store and retrieve a nearly infinite amount of nonliving matter; stored matter holds its state indefinitely
    - Blessed Language Acquisition - automatically obtain the language of any one of your dungeon minions and overworld followers
    - Blessed Mapping Display System - automatically display a map of where you've been; range is SQRT(WILL + INTL/2)*10 meters radius
    - Blessed Skill Management Acquisition - usable only in dungeon & environs; acquire skills by defeating opponents or by mutual agreement
    - Blessed Skill Management Bestowal - usable only in dungeon & environs; excludes 'blessed' skills; bestow acquired skills to followers & minions
    Professions: [Unlocked 1 of 3 MAX]
    - Blessed Dungeon Master - Level: 1 [0/1000] - selection to be a dungeon master for a deity makes you master over other dungeons you conquer in the deity's name
    - unselected
    - unselected
    Skills/Apostolic:
    - Blessed Greater Analyze, Level 1 [0/200] - usable anywhere; nothing can block analysis, others cannot see your status without equivalent ability.
    - Blessed Greater Healing, Level 1 [0/200] - usable anywhere; can heal major mortal damage; may heal minor undeath (SQRT(ETHC + WILL + INTL + SPIR)*2)% chance.
    - Blessed Greater Skillifier, Level 1 [0/200] - usable anywhere; can take from or give to a being any skill of less rank than Blessed; max skill XP taken: SQRT(ETHC*1000)
    Skills/Dungeon:
    - Dungeon Layout Management, Level:1 [0/10] - usable in controlled space; invisible to outsiders; details as in "Blessed Dungeon Layout Administration" ability.
    - Dungeon Minion Management, Level:1 [0/10] - usable in controlled space; invisible to outsiders; details as in "Blessed Dungeon Minion Management" ability.
    Skills/Environs:
    - Ecological Biome Modification, Level:1 [0/10] - usable anywhere; modify a land zone's properties; costs SQRT(SQRT(SPIR)) MP per air volume + SQRT(SPIR) MP per land volume
    Points:
    - DP:0; FP:0; SP:0

In the fourth cardinal point located room, the barracks in the west room, the furnishings were nearly fully wrecked ― but the reason was evident. One queen sized slime boss, a milky white color, rolled with two intermediate sized wind slimes of semitransparent clear but sparkly appearance. But what she saw on the status screen surprised her ― the queen truly had stacked on the abilities, affinities, and skills.

  • Name: unnamed
    Race: Monster/Slime
    Subrace: Queen Slime
    Gender: Neuter/Genderless
    Level: 4 [5/20 XP]
    Attributes:
    - CONS:7 DEXT:9 HLTH:11 STRN:5
    - INTL:8 LORE:6 PERS:12 WILL:10
    - AEST:0 ETHC:0 LIFE:0 SPIR:0
    - HP:0/0; MP:0/0
    Affinities:
    - Fertility (2)
    - Light (1)
    Abilities:
    - Lesser Common Alchemy - ability to disassemble or transmute certain materials into component parts and/or assemble or merge them into a new object; success rate (5 + LORE)%
    - Lesser Common Inventory Space - store/retrieve an amount of nonliving matter; stored matter holds its state indefinitely; max volume up to 1000*SQRT(STRN*1.5 + WILL/3) m^3
    - Self Sacrificing Spirit - creature sacrifices itself in behalf of an ally, directing true healing to one target, but perishing in the act; success rate (80 + (ETHC+SPIR)/2)%
    Professions: [1 of 1 MAX]
    - Monster Party Healer - this passive creature tends to its party members' damage, often having no other role than that
    Skills/Environs:
    - Basic Alchemy, Level:1 [2/100] - usable anywhere; details as in "Lesser Common Alchemy";
    Points:
    - DP:10; FP:10; SP:10

In this moment, with the wind attribute slimes blowing against her ingress, the queen slime spat out two little fire slimes.

"Randomly placed, my ass!" she called out against the breezy blockade. "They are in all the compass point rooms!"

Still, she got to work ― slash left, then right; step back as the queen slime spawned two more little creatures of random affinities, and repeated the attacks. The wind generated wasn't so strong as to keep her too far away; and in a sense, the breeze was a fresh change, too.

'This is like, farming the slimes, is it?'

This routine went on for a couple minutes; with the continued carnage, the monster drops began to pile up in the area. Sensing the time between spawns increase only slightly, Andromeda decided to attack with a more harsh force. After swiping through the two slimes brought forth, she also swiped against one of the wind slimes, halving all of the air flow against her.

The queen generated two more slimes, Andromeda slashed through them, and then she cut through the final wind slime. The queen was able to spawn one more ― an air slime, also slain, and one slice against the queen, but it did not die.

And then, she waited. The queen had nothing more to give ― its status screen showed the queen's MP was totally empty. In just one hundred twenty seconds, in three second cycles, the queen had called two slimes per turn, for a grand total of forty turns, or eighty slimes, plus the last one. It favored green toxic slimes and fiery red slimes, to wear down her defense ― but as the slimes were of low quality, she had survived this far by striking before they could or did.

So, she did the only thing more she could think of ― pose to strike from above, to either side of the queen's "neck", to ultimately cut to the creature's core from either angle.

The queen slime spat out one last slime ― half the size of the previous ones, but fully transparent― then flopped down, in either a form of submission, or exhaustion.

"Oh? Do you submit to me?" It bobbled a tiny bit.

"Do you agree to follow all my orders, to work for me?"

She got a more energetic response of agreement; so she put down the knives.

"Then I, Andromeda Champion, will accept you, queen slime, to be my dungeon minion. And I shall give you a name; I shall call you 'Nefertiri'."

No notification, yet; the last slime was just laying there, doing nothing more than looking like a puddle. But the slime was small ― if it kept a sphere shape, the whole thing would fit in her hand.

She bent to touch the puddle, which shivered, if a puddle could do so.

"And you, small clear slime ― I will accept you too, if you come with me."

The clear fluid stopped its movement, to otherwise seem alive but it splayed out, immobile.

  • Successfully cleared the room "Dungeon Minion's Barracks 1". All further functions of this room are hereby unlocked to the room owner.
  • Upgrades available for room "Dungeon Minion's Barracks 1". Focus on the node embedded in the floor at the room's center to activate upgrade menu.
  • Hidden condition met: clear out the rooms in four cardinal directions off the dungeon core's room in record time. You've got a great start ― now finish it.

Strange how the clear fluid thing seemed listless, without energy to move more than a small bit. Even the others before this, when they'd appeared from the queen, had gone and immediately started firing at her with their attacks. But this one, no, it seemed ... near dead as it was.

'Is this little one supposed to become something more?'

16