22. Decision For Future
429 4 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

‘What a wife I have. I just hope it goes as easy in the morning.’

Kotaro looked at Mitsuri who seemed to be chomping down the sweets without caring the fact that she is naked.

‘A minute ago, she was shy and hiding it from me. And now…’

A chuckle crept on his face. He never feels bored as long he is with Mitsuri. Her childlike innocence always makes him smile.

‘I just hope that she doesn’t take the fact I am leaving in the morning in a bad way.’

Mitsuri is a very insecure person. It won’t be an exaggeration to say that Kotaro is her everything. All people who came to get her hand left after finding her abnormal condition while he was the only one to accept her even after knowing the truth.

If suddenly he also leaves her, then without a doubt she would be devasted. And Kotaro knows that the most.

‘But it has to be that way.’

Even if he don’t want to leave, he has to go out.

‘The last demon fight almost made me lose my life. And the main problem is that demon wasn’t even a ranked demon.’

The power levels in this world is higher than he expected. Normal demons might be easy to handle but with demon with blood arts are a nuisance. If he let it stay the way it is, then it won’t be long enough that he would lose his life.

‘And if I died, then who would take care of Mitsuri?’

The fact that he is a husband made his drive for strength stronger. Unlike his previous life, he is married to a beautiful girl who can even defeat the idols of the modern era. He can’t let it waste by dying once again.

‘And I don’t have a child yet.’

It might be a small reason against the noble reason of self-sacrifice against demons for saving humans, but that was enough for Kotaro to strive for strength.

‘A boy? Or a girl? Maybe having both would be good?’

And it didn’t take long for him to fantasize about his future children. It has been his plan to have children, but he stalled it considering Mitsuri young age and…

‘I also want to squander around having fun.’

He doesn’t want to become a father at a young age. With that purpose, Kotaro used to Hamon to make sure that his seed doesn’t impregnate Mitsuri.

And now, to make sure that he becomes a father and doesn’t die in a ditch without having his children is his driving force to get stronger.

‘It doesn’t matter what it is. As long it is my children, I will protect them. I guess, I would have end up in this road of being a demon even without Mitsuri’s whim.’

Strength. There is nothing that provides more security than that. Even if he didn’t meet Mitsuri, sooner or later he would encounter a demon. And there is no way he would live in ease knowing that demons might come suddenly and take his life.

Before acquiring strength was an option, now it is a necessity.

‘Even though I wield Hamon, I still don’t know how to use it to its maximum potential.’

No matter how great a power is, it is useless if it can’t be used properly. The technique used by him are the most basic. A punch or a kick infused with Hamon. It was enough for nameless demons but in future it won’t work against the strong demons.

And to use Hamon at its best, he needs to consult the trainers of demon slayer. The former Hashira who have retired and teach people to become demon slayers.

‘In the end, Hamon and Breathing Style both are breathing techniques. If it’s them, then they might be able to help me with it.’

That’s why he asked Kyojuro about it yesterday. Even though Kyojuro didn’t have the addresses of all the trainers, he had one of them.

The former Thunder Hashira – Jigoro Kuwajima.

And Kotaro decided to meet with him to learn more about breathing techniques. He has pretty much planned about all of it, but the only problem in his hands is Mitsuri. He could have told her, but he decided not to until his time of departure.

‘If I tell her beforehand, I don’t know if I can handle her sad face for a whole day.’

That’s why he bought Sakuramochi, as a way to repent his guilt for hiding it from her.

“Huh? What happened, Kotaro-san?”

Mitsuri sensed Kotaro looking at her with a kind of guilty gaze. She couldn’t understand the reason behind it, but for some reason her inner voice warned her to not overlook it.

“Huh? It’s nothing.”

“…”

‘Why she is silent? Did she catch on it?’

A bit of cold sweat ran behind him.

“Well, Kotaro-san said it, then it must be nothing.”

Phew!

He was relieved but looking at Mitsuri trusting him so much made his heart heavier with guilt. It was almost full, but now the guilt is overflowing from it.

‘Maybe I should tell her.’

He decided that he would hide it but now his mind is jumbled. Should I tell her or not? One part of him is telling him to hide it, while the other part is encouraging him to tell her.

‘Should I hide it or tell her?’

Hide it or tell her?

“A healthy relationship is built on unwavering trust.”

For some reason, this quote came into his mind out of nowhere. And after that, he made up his mind.

“Mitsuri.”

“Umm…”

Both of her cheeks were puffed because of sakuramochi stuffed in her mouth making her look like a chipmunk.

Chuckles~

‘It seems I have made a right decision.’

Looking at her happy face, he felt that telling her is the right decision. He never want her to lose those innocent eyes.

“Swallow it first.”

Gulp!

“What is it, Kotaro-san?”

After a deep breath, Kotaro calmed down his heart and said it.

“Mitsuri. I am leaving tomorrow.”

---

Read additional chapters in - patreon.com/cherryblooming

11