391. Lin Fei Overpowers the Unicorn King
406 5 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Unicorn King!" Lin Fei exclaimed, seeing the formidable beast for the first time. Even though Lin Fei had encountered king-tier exotic beasts before, like the Azure Flood Dragon King, this was his first face-to-face encounter with one.

In a surprising turn of events, the massive Unicorn King took to the air with astonishing speed. In the blink of an eye, it positioned itself before Lin Fei, charging at him headfirst. For such king-tier exotic beasts, their body is their most potent weapon, much like a Martial King.

"Bring it on!" Without hesitation, Lin Fei's inner bloodline exploded in power.

"Supreme Saber Dao Bloodline!"

His True Martial King Form manifested in the void, making him appear as an unmatched divine saber. With a shout, he slashed down with his saber. However, a glint of light concentrated at the tip of the Unicorn King's single horn.

In the next instant, a colossal beam of light shot from the Unicorn King's horn, clashing directly with Lin Fei's saber light. Lin Fei's expression changed slightly, his figure wavering as the beam surged past the spot where he had just stood.

"What a beast this Unicorn King is!" Lin Fei acknowledged the exceptional power of his opponent. Relying solely on one bloodline wasn't going to be enough against this beast.

Without further hesitation, Lin Fei invoked, "Triple Yin True Fire Bloodline!"

Flames began to burn around his True Martial King Form, even engulfing his saber and the surrounding void.

Once again, Lin Fei launched another saber strike. This one wasn't particularly swift but was executed with a force capable of toppling the heavens. Enhanced with the Supreme Saber Dao Bloodline, its power was earth-shattering, and the Triple Yin True Fire accompanying it added an eerie chill.

The Unicorn King retaliated with another beam, aiming directly at Lin Fei. However, in the very next moment, Lin Fei's "Saber World" descended. Almost instantly, Lin Fei's silhouette vanished, only to reappear right in front of the Unicorn King, delivering a swift slash.

The unobstructed saber strike found its mark, cutting deep into the Unicorn King's body. The beast roared in fury and pain as Lin Fei's saber energy wreaked havoc inside it. Moreover, the Triple Yin True Fire attached to the saber blade seared through the beast's body. Yet, despite the intense onslaught of the True Fire and saber energy, the resilient body of the Unicorn King resisted, proving it wasn't so easily defeated.

"Grand Yin Wind Dao Bloodline!"

Lin Fei's third bloodline erupted within him. With a wave of his hand, a gust of chilling wind began to blow in the void. The powerful wind grazed the Unicorn King's body, and astonishingly, its flesh started to crumble into ashes at a pace visible to the naked eye.

The wind fueled the fire, and the Triple Yin True Fire within the Unicorn King burnt even more fiercely. From a distance, one could see the life force of the enormous Unicorn King rapidly diminishing.

At the critical moment, the Unicorn King roared in fury. From its single horn, a burst of radiant light enveloped its entire body. Instantaneously, the Grand Yin Wind's harm to the Unicorn King was mitigated, and the Triple Yin True Fire seemed suppressed.

Only Lin Fei's saber energy, amplified by the Saber World, continued to ravage the Unicorn King's flesh. Yet, the beast was simultaneously regenerating. As its body was getting damaged, it was also healing. In this stalemate, Lin Fei was uncertain how long it would take to finally bring down the Unicorn King.

"Such a formidable Unicorn King!" he thought, "I've already employed the Saber World, Supreme Saber Dao Bloodline, Grand Yin Wind Dao Bloodline, and Triple Yin True Fire Bloodline. The combination of these three bloodlines with Saber World should rival the strength of five bloodlines. While I can suppress the Unicorn King, killing it is proving exceedingly challenging."

A fierce glint flashed in Lin Fei's eyes. The Unicorn King's horn possessed special abilities; its offensive and defensive prowess were unmatched. Moreover, its physical resilience was daunting. To kill it would be a task most middle-phase Martial Kings could not accomplish. Even though Lin Fei held the upper hand in their clash, the damage he inflicted on the Unicorn King's body was minimal. He needed another strategy.

Nearby, the Hanging Void Daoist Lord lurked, eager to act. But since Lin Fei wanted to test his strength, he decided to harness all his capabilities. Lin Fei had one more tactic up his sleeve that he hadn't yet employed.

"Supreme Yang Heavenly Thunder Bloodline!" Lin Fei invoked his fourth bloodline. As he summoned the Supreme Yang Heavenly Thunder Bloodline, the void reverberated with thunderous rumbles. Concurrently, a massive bolt of lightning struck down from the heavens.

"Bang!"

The heavenly thunder struck down. This was the Supreme Yang Heavenly Thunder, the nemesis to almost all life forms. Even the Unicorn King, upon feeling the impact of the thunder, couldn't help but let out a wail. The bolt struck and blew away a significant part of the Unicorn King's body, obliterating almost a tenth of it.

"Such an effective attack?" Lin Fei exclaimed inwardly, delighted.

"Boom, boom, boom!"

In the next moment, dozens of heavenly thunderbolts descended, engulfing the entire area. The terrifying pressure instilled immense fear in the Unicorn King. With these bolts striking and the flames scorching its insides, it might very well meet its end.

At that moment, the Unicorn King was terrified. But not only the Unicorn King. The two concealed Golden Core cultivators, who were hiding their presences, were equally frightened. They hadn't expected a Martial King to be this terrifying, not only overpowering the Unicorn King but also invoking the power of the heavenly thunder. Now, with the thunder enveloping several miles, they too were trapped within its scope. If the thunderstruck them, they could die.

"Run! We need to run now!"

"Use the escape technique!"

"Go!"

Without wasting a second, the two Golden Core cultivators deployed their escape technique. With a 'whoosh,' their figures disappeared without a trace.

Simultaneously, the sky full of thunderbolts struck, transforming the region into a sea of lightning. As they observed the scene from their escape, the two Golden Core cultivators turned pale.

"Is this the power of a Martial King? How can a Martial King be this powerful?"

"It's over. Even if the Thundergrass was born from thunder, it can't withstand such a barrage."

"We finally found the Thundergrass, and now it's gone..."

Despite their regret, they recognized their luck. They were close to death. As for the Unicorn King, surviving such a massive barrage seemed unlikely.

Soon, the thunder vanished. Lin Fei still stood in the same spot. Hanging Void Taoist Lord's eyes widened, a hint of shock evident in his gaze. He knew Lin Fei was strong, but this level of power surpassed his wildest imagination. He then looked towards the Unicorn King and was immediately taken aback by what he saw.

17