396. Contention
373 4 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

There was intense shaking at the entrance of the Tuyuan Realm. Soon after, several figures flew out from within the realm.

Time's up!

The time in the Tuyuan Realm had ended, prompting people to leave. The first to emerge was a Golden Core cultivator, his face pale as ash, looking terrified as if he had witnessed something horrifying.

"They're all dead! Only I escaped, and I didn't get anything..."

The Golden Core cultivator began to recount what had transpired within the realm. Although backed by a Nascent Soul master, he was still outmatched. Deaths inside the realm were commonplace; if you were defeated, it was merely because of your lack of skill.

As more people emerged from the entrance, Lin Fei spotted the Sect Leader of the Ancient Origin Sect and the Wind Sovereign among them.

"You're back?"

Upon observing the Ancient Origin Sect Leader, Lin Fei noted that his physical body seemed to have grown much stronger. Moreover, everyone seemed to have reaped some rewards, and their gains appeared substantial. However, Lin Fei quickly counted and realized they were one person short.

"One person is missing. What happened?" Lin Fei inquired.

The Ancient Origin Sect Leader took a deep breath, not daring to conceal the truth, and reported, "Indeed, we're missing one - it's Sovereign Pang. We encountered a group of Golden Core cultivators. We clashed over a particular treasure. In the end, Sovereign Pang died. However, we managed to kill fourteen of those Golden Core cultivators. Only two managed to escape."

The Ancient Origin Sect Leader gritted his teeth. It was evident the battle had not been easy. Surprisingly, they had managed to slay so many Golden Core cultivators. No doubt, the Ancient Origin Sect Leader and his team were well-prepared and possibly had other tactics up their sleeves.

Lin Fei nodded and said, "In the realm, fate determines life and death. Sovereign Pang's death was due to his lack of skill, and no one else is to blame. It's good that the rest of you are alive. I hope this journey into the Tuyuan Realm will be transformative for you. May the Ancient Origin Sect gain another Martial King in the future!"

Lin Fei didn't seem overly concerned. Deaths within such realms were typical. After all, whether it was a Golden Core cultivator or a Martial Sovereign, all vied for treasures. Clashes over disagreements were frequent. How could there be no casualties?

"What? All of them are dead? Only the two of you survived? Speak! Who did this? Who dared to kill the cultivator of our Vast Void Immortal Sect?"

At that moment, an enraged roar echoed through the vast void. Vast Void Immortal Sect!

Upon hearing the voice, the expressions of many Nascent Soul factions and Martial King powers changed dramatically. This was a top-tier Nascent Soul sect. Currently, not only did the Vast Void Immortal Sect house the pinnacle of Nascent Souls, but they also had five powerful Nascent Souls. Furthermore, the Vast Void Immortal Sect had once produced a quasi-Deity Transformation expert. Many believed that it wouldn't be long before the sect would give birth to a true Deity Transformation cultivator.

No one wanted to mess with such a top-tier Nascent Soul sect. Even within the Tuyuan Realm, facing a disciple of the Vast Void Immortal Sect meant yielding when possible and retreating if necessary. Even though one could fight, most would not dare to deal a deadly blow.

Currently, sixteen from the Vast Void Immortal Sect had entered, but only two emerged. This meant that fourteen Golden Core cultivators from the Vast Void Immortal Sect had been killed in the realm. This was a severe blow to the sect!

The ones chosen to enter the Tuyuan Realm were undoubtedly the best of the Vast Void Immortal Sect's Golden Core cultivators. These were top talents, highly likely to undergo Nascent Soul transformation. But now, fourteen of them were gone, almost ninety percent of them. It was no wonder the Nascent Soul cultivators of the Vast Void Immortal Sect were so furious.

"Huh? It was them?"

The Ancient Origin Sect Leader's face changed slightly, and he whispered to Lin Fei, "Elder, those we killed were from their sect. But we didn't realize they were from the Vast Void Immortal Sect. We should leave quickly before they recognize us."

The Ancient Origin Sect Leader communicated to Lin Fei using a secret method. They hadn't revealed their identities within the realm. Leaving now, the opponents wouldn't know it was them. Lin Fei frowned slightly but did not say much and prepared to leave with his group.

Swoosh!

In an instant, a terrifying Nascent Soul Magic Avatar appeared, blocking Lin Fei's path. The Nascent Soul cultivator from the Vast Void Immortal Sect fixed his gaze on Wind Sovereign and others beside Lin Fei. Evidently, the Wind Sovereign and his group had been recognized.

"So, the Ancient Origin Sect. You kill so many Golden Core cultivators from our Vast Void Immortal Sect and think you can just walk away?"

The Nascent Soul cultivator from the Vast Void Immortal Sect had an incredibly dark expression. Even if he had met Lin Fei before and knew of the great name of the "Ancient Origin Saber King," what of it? He was at the mid-phase of the Nascent Soul! He had even defeated a Martial King with five bloodlines. He wasn't afraid of Lin Fei in the least.

Moreover, whether it was the Martial King faction or the Nascent Soul sect, the Vast Void Immortal Sect feared no one. Typically, their disciples always had the upper hand over other forces.

When had the Vast Void Immortal Sect suffered such a loss? If he didn't seek justice now, even with his powerful status, upon his return, he might face disciplinary actions from the sect. At the least, a hundred-year grounding was possible. He didn't want to become the laughingstock of the Vast Void Immortal Sect.

Facing the Nascent Soul Magic Avatar of the opponent, Lin Fei coldly remarked, "Struggles and killings within the Tuyuan Realm are normal. Moreover, the Ancient Origin Sect also lost a Martial Sovereign."

"Hmph, your Ancient Origin Sect only lost one, while our Vast Void Immortal Sect lost fourteen!"

"That just shows that your Vast Void Immortal Sect's Golden Core disciples are all show and no substance, less skilled than others." Lin Fei said dismissively.

"Well said, 'less skilled than others'! It seems the Ancient Origin Saber King hasn't heard of my Vast Void Immortal Sect. Or perhaps, the Ancient Origin Saber King feels that defeating a few Nascent Soul cultivators and killing some Martial Kings means he can act with impunity?"

Facing the Nascent Soul Magic Avatar, Lin Fei didn't respond. Speaking more wouldn't change the situation. The opposition clearly didn't want him to leave, and didn't care about Lin Fei's "reputation." But when his reputation couldn't deter others, the situation became simpler. In the vast Ancient Continent, power reigned supreme. Nothing trumped raw strength.

"In that case, let me cut you down!" A sharp glint flashed in Lin Fei's eyes.

Boom!

In an instant, the four bloodlines within Lin Fei exploded with power - the Supreme Saber Dao Bloodline, the Grand Yin Wind Dao Bloodline, the Triple Yin True Fire Bloodline, and the Supreme Yang Heavenly Thunder Bloodline. And it wasn't over. "Saber World!"

Suddenly, a layer of white light descended, enveloping both the Vast Void Immortal Sect's Nascent Soul cultivator and his Magic Avatar, completely sealing off the two worlds.

The oppressive force of the Saber World pressed down heavily.

"What? Saber World?" The expression of the Nascent Soul from the Vast Void Immortal Sect changed dramatically.

Meanwhile, Lin Fei's vast True Martial King Form unleashed a mighty saber strike. Accompanied by raging winds, true fire, and a massive thunder trench, it descended with great momentum.

"Four bloodlines and the Saber World, how is this possible?!" The Nascent Soul roared, his voice filled with shock and fear.

Boom!

Finally, the saber fell. The power of the four bloodlines overwhelmed the opponent's Nascent Soul Magic Avatar.

17