414. Slashing the Peacock King
346 6 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Lin Fei took a deep breath. He understood that dealing with the Peacock King would be no simple task. Even though it seemed like he had just shattered the Peacock King's realm with a single saber strike, he actually didn't manage to harm the Peacock King at all.

Moreover, the Peacock King still had its most potent technique— that mesmerizing seven-colored radiance. Even Lin Fei could hardly discern its true essence. It was both mysterious and terrifying.

"Supreme Yang Heavenly Thunder Bloodline!" Lin Fei instantly invoked his True Martial King Form. At the same time, the sky was filled with rumbling thunders, and an overpowering Yang and firm thunder aura gradually converged in the void.

"Heavenly Thunder, descend!" Lin Fei swiftly activated his Thunder Bloodline, sending streaks of heavenly thunder crashing down like a massive net, aiming directly at the Peacock King.

However, facing the overwhelming thunder, the Peacock King merely chuckled coldly. Immediately after, the Peacock spread its feathers, and its tail, reminiscent of a grand canopy, overshadowed the sky with dazzling beauty, painting the entire horizon with its seven-colored brilliance.

Peacock Displaying its Feathers! It was the legendary display of the Peacock! But now, this display wasn't merely about beauty. The sky-filling thunders that crashed onto the Peacock King were instantly absorbed by the seven-colored glow, leaving the Peacock King utterly unaffected.

"Icebound!" Lin Fei's eyes turned cold, and an intense chill began to spread. Annihilation Frost Bloodline! It was among the most top-tier bloodlines. Especially now that Lin Fei's Annihilation Frost Bloodline had reached perfection, its power was incomparable to before.

As the chill permeated, it seemed like even the void was being frozen. The Peacock King began to feel an intense coldness, its body assaulted by the frost. Initially, its seven-colored realm could absorb and suppress anything, be it saber aura, sword beams, thunders, flames, and more. Even cold air could be suppressed by its seven-colored realm.

But the key here was that Lin Fei's Annihilation Frost Bloodline wasn't just about cold air. It started by freezing the void itself and then spread to the Peacock King. Under such circumstances, the Peacock King's seven-colored realm was rendered powerless. After all, Lin Fei was freezing the very void. Could it be that the seven-colored realm could suppress even the void itself?

The seven-colored realm was indeed powerful, but it hadn't reached such an invincible level. Consequently, as Lin Fei unleashed the Annihilation Frost Bloodline, the effects were pronounced. The void was frozen, and with it, the Peacock King was immobilized too.

Originally, the Peacock King had planned to suppress the frost using its seven-colored realm after being frozen. However, it miscalculated. Lin Fei's Annihilation Frost Bloodline was a top-tier bloodline. Once frozen, all its powers would be suppressed and subsequently "annihilated." That "annihilation" was the strongest aspect of this bloodline. A perfected Annihilation Frost Bloodline was indeed potent, so much so that even the Peacock King's seven-colored realm couldn't contend.

Crackling sounds emerged as the Peacock King was frozen, and its seven-colored realm was suppressed.

"Heavenly Saber, slash!" At that moment, Lin Fei didn't hesitate and immediately deployed his Supreme Saber Dao Bloodline, slashing down once again.

With a loud bang, the seven-colored realm of the Peacock King, which didn't function this time, was sliced into several segments by Lin Fei's saber. After all, anything facing overwhelming force would crumble, like boulders turning to rubble. The same applied to the Peacock King.

Moreover, within Lin Fei's saber strike, it wasn't just the edge of the blade; there was also the Triple Yin True Fire and the power of thunder. With so many forces converging, the Peacock King couldn't resist. Under the burning of the Three Yin True Fire, it gradually turned to ashes.

Dead!

The majestic Peacock King, the child of the Phoenix, just died like that! Moreover, it was slain head-on by Lin Fei's own power. This scene was witnessed by the Feng Ling, the people of the Feng family, and many others. The Peacock King was considered one of the top beings amongst king-level exotic beasts. Yet, it was still slain by Lin Fei.

In reality, Lin Fei was well aware that the primary reason he could kill the Peacock King was the Annihilation Frost Bloodline. He also possessed the Grand Yin Wind Dao Bloodline and the newly cultivated Earth Pulse Divine Mountain Spirit Communication Bloodline, which he didn't use.

Even if he had used these two bloodlines, Lin Fei was afraid that he wouldn't have been able to counter the Peacock King's seven-colored realm. This realm was too strong, seemingly swallowing everything in its path, even consuming heavenly thunder.

It wasn't that Lin Fei or Feng Ling's bloodlines weren't powerful, but they were restrained by the seven-colored realm. Only Lin Fei's Annihilation Frost Bloodline could subdue the Peacock King in an instant. This proved the importance of diversifying one's bloodlines.

Various types of bloodlines should be diversified to deal with various situations. Of course, the bloodlines also need to be powerful. If it was just a regular freezing bloodline without the "annihilation" capability, it wouldn't have managed against the Peacock King.

Regardless, Lin Fei and Feng Ling had finally triumphed, slaying the Peacock King.

"Fellow daoist Lin, we owe you greatly once again. If it weren't for you, I dare not think of the consequences."

Feng Ling seemed to be deep in thought as if wanting to say something but hesitating.

"It's alright. I was only fulfilling a promise," Lin said. "Moreover, I have the genuine Phoenix bloodline in me. I couldn't possibly let the Peacock King destroy the Phoenix clan."

However, Feng Ling quickly caught the hidden meaning in Lin's words. Fulfilled a promise? It's clear who entrusted him. Feng Jiushang had already informed Feng Ling of his seeking help from Lin. She couldn't pretend to be ignorant. But becoming dao companions wasn't just about romantic feelings. There were many things to consider.

In the past, Feng Ling had considered finding a dao companion, but no one was worthy in her eyes. She was proud and ambitious, aiming to challenge the Martial Gods. How could someone not on her level be her equal?

More importantly, a dao companion should be someone who can mutually support and progress together in their cultivation journey. She needed someone stronger than herself in the martial arts. Such individuals were rare.

She had noticed Lin when he destroyed the Vast Void Immortal Sect. But she hadn't paid much attention until she witnessed his strength when she invited him to the secret realm to obtain the Phoenix bloodline. Even though he hadn't cultivated eight or nine bloodlines, he was stronger than Feng Ling!

Now, he had single-handedly defeated their great enemy, the Peacock King. Lin's potential and strength surpassed even hers. He was the dao companion she had been searching for.

When Feng Jiu Shang mentioned Lin to her, Feng Ling didn't refuse. That in itself indicated her intentions.

"Fellow daoist Lin, Would you like to explore the Dao with me? I will delay my attempt to become a Martial God. I can wait a hundred years if I must. Once you're ready to challenge the Martial Gods, we can combine our energies and be reborn in the flames. Then, together, we can both achieve the status of Martial Gods. Otherwise, if I become a Martial God first, the benefits of our union will likely not be in your favor."

Her face flushed a bit as she said this.

Lin replied thoughtfully, "So, both parties need to be Martial Kings, and only by combining their energies can they reap the maximum benefits?"

"Yes, only if both are on the same level."

Understanding her point, Lin, being bolder, approached and took Feng Ling's hand, laughing heartily. "Why would I make you wait for a hundred years? Within ten years, or even less, I will definitely challenge the Martial Gods!"

Lin Fei was full of confidence.

When Feng Ling mentioned waiting for him to achieve Martial God status together, Lin accepted her completely. She could have achieved the status first and then combined their energies, reaping most of the benefits for herself. But she chose to wait for him. With such a dao companion, what more could he ask for?

18