415. Discussing Martial Gods in the Secret Chamber
356 6 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Lin Fei held Feng Ling's hand and flew down. Everyone below was stunned, even those from the Feng clan. Only Feng Jiu Shang knew what was going on. Joy filled his heart, and he exclaimed with a smile, "Congratulations, clan leader! Congratulations, Ancient Origin Saber King!"

Then Feng Jiushang conveyed the message to the others. All were taken aback. Dao companion? Feng Ling has chosen a Dao companion? Had it been someone else, they might have felt that the Feng clan's bloodline was too noble, and one should be very cautious when choosing a dao companion.

But Lin Fei, the Ancient Origin Saber King, both in terms of potential and strength, greatly surpasses Feng Ling. Both are potential Martial Gods. What could they possibly find unsatisfactory? From now on, the Feng clan would have two top Martial Kings!

"Congratulations, clan leader, and to the Ancient Origin Saber King!"

"This is a great fortune for our clan!"

"Imagine the potential of their offspring's bloodline!"

"Who would've thought our clan leader could be so smitten, hahaha..."

The Feng clan's elders were thrilled. The clan's bloodline would not only sustain but might even become more potent. The future bloodline might not just be of Martial Kings but of gods, inheriting the god's lineage.

Feng Jiushang remarked, "Clan leader and Saber King, both being top Martial Kings, must announce their union to the world. When should we choose for the ceremony?"

Feng Ling pondered, looking at Lin Fei for an answer. "Of course, we need to declare it to the world. The Feng clan is a prominent Martial King family, and the Ancient Origin Sect is a significant force. We should pick a suitable day for our union. How about in three months? This gives time for the news to spread, and then we can have the formal ceremony."

Feng Ling nodded in agreement. Both being Martial Kings, they couldn't be hasty in formalizing their union. Given their status, many are involved in their decisions, affecting many fates. Their union wasn't just about them but involved many others.

Afterward, Lin Fei and Feng Ling went to a secret chamber. Feng Ling had many matters to explain, and Lin Fei needed to understand certain things.

"Lin... Lin Fei."

Feng Ling took a deep breath, asking with curiosity, "I've always been puzzled. How many bloodlines do you possess now?"

In fact, the strength displayed by Lin Fei was very deceptive. He seemed to overcome opponents without revealing many bloodlines. Until now, Feng Ling didn't know the exact number of Lin Fei's bloodlines.

"Six bloodlines," Lin Fei responded without hesitation.

"Six bloodlines?"

Feng Ling was taken aback. She had vaguely guessed some of this from observing Lin Fei's various techniques in the past. Each technique represented a unique bloodline. She had secretly noted what appeared to be five. It turns out she was close to the mark! Lin Fei had six bloodlines. The sixth bloodline must be one Feng Ling hadn't seen before.

However, this was shocking. With just six bloodlines, Lin Fei could rival other Martial Kings with nine. This was truly astonishing! Evidently, each of Lin Fei's bloodlines was extraordinary.

Lin Fei then asked, "Feng Ling, I know you possess nine bloodlines. But after the nine bloodlines, how does one become a Martial God?"

This was Lin Fei's query. Though he had the Dubhe Dao Artifact, he hadn't thoroughly explored its books or cultivation insights about achieving the status of Martial God. To him, acquiring nine bloodlines felt far off, let alone achieving godhood.

But now, with Feng Ling as his Dao companion, he had to care about her path. She had the qualifications to become a Martial God after all.

Feng Ling pondered and then solemnly spoke, "To become a Martial God, possessing nine bloodlines is just the beginning. It's the basic requirement. Once you have nine bloodlines, you need to merge them into one unique divine bloodline. This divine bloodline must contain your own Dao, which will keep the divine bloodline from collapsing. Only then can you truly transform and evolve. It's similar to the Deity Transformation in the way of immortals.

It's said that a Deity Transformation allows you to manifest millions of bodies, each as real and powerful as the transformed deity. That's the transformation from mortal to deity. For us martial artists, though we can't manifest that many bodies, we can find our own Dao and achieve godhood. We call this 'proving the Dao'. By proving the Dao with martial arts, one can become a Martial God."

Lin Fei was deeply moved. Proving the Dao to achieve godhood!

"What would happen if one fails in the process of proving the Dao?" Lin Fei asked.

"If you can't confirm your Dao in your heart, your bloodlines will immediately reverse and you will turn to ashes," Feng Ling replied.

Lin Fei understood. Proving the Dao could only lead to success; failure was not an option. Those who fail will fall immediately, without any chance of survival.

"So, if we unite in Yin and Yang, I'll have a chance to be reborn from the flames?"

"Exactly," Feng Ling responded.

Lin Fei finally realized the importance of "rebirth from the flames" in achieving Martial Gods. In other words, Lin Fei could simulate it once. Even if he fails, it wouldn't matter, because he'd have another chance.

"But while I have a chance at rebirth from the flames, you don't," Lin Fei said with concern. He cared about Feng Ling. He didn't want to find his Dao companion and then lose her within a few years. If Feng Ling fails in her attempt to become a Martial God, she will die.

Feng Ling smiled and said, "That's why I need to obtain the Phoenix bloodline. My bloodline has now returned to its ancestral origins. I have a path to follow: the Phoenix. So, my chances of becoming a Martial God are actually quite high, much higher than others. Just by following the way of the Phoenix, I can certainly become a Martial God. The rebirth from the flames isn't as crucial for me."

Feng Ling shook her head, holding Lin Fei's hand to reassure him. But, was that really the case? It might not necessarily be true. While the Phoenix may rival top-tier Martial Gods and one can certainly follow its path, is Feng Ling truly a Phoenix? No, she merely possesses the Phoenix bloodline.

"To walk the path of the Phoenix, one needs to study the Phoenix deeply. Currently, capturing a Phoenix alive is somewhat of a stretch for me. However, once I become stronger, I'll certainly be able to capture a Phoenix, making it demonstrate its Dao to you. By then, your chances of becoming a Martial God will surely increase."

Lin Fei confidently said, "I will capture the Phoenix for you to study."

Anyone else, Feng Ling would not have believed. But she believed in Lin Fei's words.

"I'll remember this," Feng Ling said with a hint of happiness in her heart. She had borne the weight of the Feng family for years, but now, with Lin Fei as her Dao companion, she could finally breathe a sigh of relief.

"Unfortunately, we can't unite in Yin and Yang for now," Feng Ling said with a blush. "Let's be patient. For the sake of achieving Dao, we must wait. Now, I need to return to the Ancient Origin Sect to inform them of our union and have them prepare."

Both Lin Fei and Feng Ling were Martial King powerhouses, and they didn't fret over time. With that, Lin Fei took a step, and in the blink of an eye, he disappeared, heading towards the Ancient Origin Sect.

16